Side Chapter 5 – First Contact
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On Earth 35168 things are getting quite hectic, telescopes around the world noticed a weird object on the edge of the solar system. At first they thought it was some sort of asteroid or comet but as it slowly approached earth and images became clearer it was discovered that the object was in fact a spaceship, and not just one ship but 5, with 4 smaller ones around a massive one. Obviously panic abound about man's first contact with aliens, and judging by what appears to be cannons on these ships people feared this would not be peaceful. 

Inside the oval office 

President Artold Shwarentikker sits at his desk impatiently waiting for the report from the cypher department of the CIA, apparently a massive amount of data was transmitted across the world from the spaceships. He's unsure what it could mean so he can only guess. Soon a scientist walks in the room report in hand and quickly hands it to the president. 

-Before i read this what's the consensus? War? 

-Fortunately sir it doesn't appear to be the case. 

-Thank god. 

The president reads thru what the transmission says. 

"We of the Vortigaunt Empire extend peaceful greetings to the residents of this world, we wish to invite you to host a meeting between us your world's major leaders to further discuss greetings and the relationship between our Empire and this world. We do not mind if this meeting is broadcasted to the world or that you prepare a large security force. We simply wish for a face to face meeting."

-This seems pretty short, i thought the transmission was massive? 

-Most of it was just garbled corrupted data, the only other thing we managed to translate was a short note telling us that this was simply a test to gauge our technological level. 

-I see, well looks like we'll have to arrange a meeting of the G20 to hammer out the details of this meeting. 

United Nations H.Q

Due to the rather sudden and international nature of this event it was decided that instead of a host nation the G20 would meet in the UN headquarters. Representatives from Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, the European Union, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States all gathered. Instead of foreign ministers or bank governors its heads of states, Presidents of Russia, the US, the European Commission, France, Argentina, Brazil, South Korea, Indonesia, China, Mexico and Turkey as well as Prime Ministers of the UK, Canada, Australia, India, Japan, including the chancellor of Germany and the king of Saudi Arabia. 

The debate was fierce with competing ideas and interests on how the meeting should be set up, the president of China fiercely resisted the idea of a worldwide broadcast while the president of Russia pushed hard to be the one who handled security measures. As the major players argued others quietly discussed amongst themselves, India, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia were discussing the ramifications this would have on their deeply religious populace while others like Japan, South Korea and the EU talked about how trade relations would go with this alien nation. 

Eventually it was decided that the meeting would be held in the UN headquarters in one of the many conference rooms, reporters were allowed to record the meeting but would have the footage reviewed by their respective countries governments. As for security, the US would handle external security with tanks, AA, and their navy while Russia would handle internal security and planning of evacuation routes. With the plan set a transmission was sent to the spaceships in order to relay the information. A message was sent back, it simply said "very well". 

A month later 

With the US navy and coast guard on high alert and several tank battalions around the UN building the external defenses were ready and with elite Russian Spetsnaz troops brought in and multiple evacuation plans in order the security detail of the meeting was perfect, not to mention the massive collaboration between the CIA, FBI, MI6, Interpol, Russia's Federal Intelligence Service and China's Ministry of State Security to ensure no acts of terrorism could jeopardize this historic meeting. With that the stage is set, a large 750 meter long spaceship appears over head, far enough to be seen on the ground but not so close as to unnerve the troops on the ground. The G20 leaders watched on a camera feed the goings on outside the building. 

A smaller ship comes out the large one, from the looks of things it would seem to be the transport shuttle for the representative of the Empire. The shuttle had a similar form to an osprey but is far more advanced and sleek with some unknown engines as its propulsion. The shuttle lands on the designated landing site in the courtyard and its rear door slides open seemingly disappearing into the body of the shuttle as a ramp also smoothly extends to the ground. A woman walks out the shuttle, she's wearing what looks to be a mix between a  lab coat and trench coat with a black suit underneath. She wears a pair of suit pants with matching black high heels that extend up her thighs, the black gloves contrasts with the snow white skin. The metallic black gas mask that covers her mouth and nose also contrasts with her crimson red eyes and long silver hair tied in a pair of ponytails. But what shocks the guards the most is the 2 red crystal like horns protruding from her forehead. 

As she walks down the ramp 2 more people appear behind her, both looking identical to each other thanks to what appears to be biomechanical armor the two are wearing. The grey muscle fibers are contrasted by the colorful decorations adorning them with shoulder pads and other pieces of armor shinning illustriously like the finest gemstones. They are carrying what to the guards look like guns, though the guards could only tell due to the way they held them being far more sleek and technologically advanced, the representatives escorts also have swords hanging on their waist though no one can tell if they're energy blades or metallic due to the sheaths. 

The silver haired woman walks up to the guards with her escorts in tow. She asks them if they are the ones supposed to lead her to the conference room. 

-Вы должны привести меня на встречу?

The guards are shocked when they realize she spoke clear fluent Russian. Fortunately they quickly regained their composure and lead her and her escorts to the conference room. Inside there is a single table with a microphone and a desk name plate with the words "Vortigaunt Empire" on it. Across from the table is a large half circle table with every head of state of the G20 sitting at. As the representative enters the G20 are taken aback slightly due to her beauty but quickly calm themselves as her escorts enter. The general consensus amongst the G20 upon seeing the escorts is that even with the Spetsnaz as guards they know they'll all die if this meeting goes sour. 

guess what? I still live! And hopefully I'll be able to write some more, the reason i was on hiatus was that school exams were approaching and my stockpile of scheduled releases ran out. Add to that i caught covid and the general feeling of laziness i didn't have the energy to sit down and write some more. Hopefully I'll write a couple more side chapters soon since i still have a bit of a writer block about the main story. Maybe the side chapters will inspire me to write more. I'll leave you all with this slightly longer side chap as apology for disappearing with no notice

1