Chapter 1 – Wosmeowcia
1.1k 4 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2050, the year of technology revolution.

 

Full Dive technology took the world by storm. PC, mobile, traditional VR headset, all became obsolete in the field of industrial entertainment. At first, people were skeptical, but as soon as they tried it, they instantly understood that nothing could be on par with that level of immersion. With just a headset that put one into a state of deep sleep and read their brain waves, gamers could now jump straight into their game world. To many, it was a dream came true. No, even more than a dream, as they could now see what their characters see, hear what their characters hear, and feel what their characters feel. The sense of smell and taste was also implemented shortly after that. It was borderless, limitless, a complete freedom that mankind had been desired for so long.

 

And there was Fantasia

 

Released in 2060 by Shadow, a game developing company full of mysteries, it was a fantasy world where you take on the role of an adventurer, battle the demonic army, save your waifus, and immerse yourself in the beauty of sword and magic.  

 

Or at least…

 

That was the Fantasia he remembered.

 


 

0342

 

Many years had passed since the accident that severed the connection between Fantasia and the Real world. Fantasia had long been removed from the VR Full Dive store, but the fantasy world which had been created continued to exist.

 

There was this land to the North where snow falls most of the year, and somewhere in that land, there was a village named Wosmeowcia.

 

It was mid-November, the season of blizzards and ice tornados. Normally, this was the time for Wosmeowcian, a native Fantasia cat people tribe, to stay completely inside their cozy house, sipping their traditional eggnog while re-telling each other stories of the Heroic Ones. However, this year was different. Despite the snowstorm engulfing the entire village, so cold that it could turn an onion into rock in mere seconds, people were still busy loading their carts and preparing their cart-pulling wolves. 

 

They were mostly community carts, meaning big ones that everyone shared, later would be driven by packs of domesticated snow wolves instead of horses like in other places. Wherever the Wosmeowcian wanted to go, it seemed that they were trying to be as light as possible. Hence, the community carts only accepted essentials like food, water, and clothes, and there was limitation on how much one could bring. Of course, some people also had their own carts and wolves, but later decided not to use them since smaller carts mean less protection against the storm. Some still prepared their personal cart though, but left them empty so that they could be used in case of emergencies.

 

So, why the sudden liveliness in the middle of a freezing winter? And not to mention, it was already night time?

 

This was because of the terrible news from Lunaria that arrived in the evening.

 

Lunaria, home of the wolf man race, where thirteen wolfkin tribes banded together and built an impenetrable fortress to withstand the demonic race’s continuous onslaughts, somehow, had fallen. No one in Wosmeowcia actually knew what happened, as the communication orb only delivered a short message in the form of a woman shouting and telling them to run, followed by the roar of demonic creatures before ending with her painful cry. So, even though there was so much confusion and many questions unanswered, Wosmeowcian’s chief issued an emergency evacuation order. Lunaria's fall meant that every beastman race was now vulnerable. It would be just a matter of time before the demons invade other places. So, there was no other choice but to evacuate, and in the case of Wosmeowcia, their only option was to cross the neverending snowfield of the Northern Lands to get to the City of the Sun Elfs, Solsera, as soon as possible. 

 

The problem was, everyone knew that a single ice tornado during this time of the year could freeze even the dragons to death. 

 

But the cat people didn't have another choice. It was either go now, or became food later. 

 

Therefore, everyone moved quickly. The plan was to leave before dawn.

 


 

Meanwhile...

 

Crack.

 

Crack. Crack.

 

It was the sound of fire biting on wood, bringing warmth to a small and lovely family in the middle of the crisis. There was a cat girl, Fisha, and her mom. It was almost bedtime for Fisha. 

 

~Nyahh~~~

 

Laying comfy in her straw bed, Fisha yawned. As a citizen of Wosmeowcia, she had the face of a lovely human child with black silky long hair, two cats ears on top of her head. This might be the last time for her to experience the comforting warmth of bed and sleep. Once everyone started evacuating, there could only be darkness and cold awaits. 

 

Both Fisha and her mom knew that. But as mommy cat said, a girl’s sleep is the most important thing in the world, so for this night only they wished not to be interrupted.  

 

So, Fisha took a glass of pre-bed milk with her, and same as everyday before bed time, mommy cat would tell her a story of the Heroic Ones. Mommy cat was folding Fisha’s tiny shirt on her lap while speaking softly. Out of many tales of the old heroes, tonight was the five years old girl’s favorite.

 

It was about the legendary White Demon of Wosmeowcia, Valaine DeathWhizkersz, the strongest among all beastkins. Despite being called by such a fearful title, Valaine was actually a righteous hero, who fought bravely against the Demon army over two hundred years ago.

 

The bedtime story was about the White Demon DeathWhizkersz versus the Plague Dragon, Purgia...

 

“But the dragon was powerful! After eating the princess, it spitted out her bones and roared! Rawwwwwr!” Mommy cat also roared and raised her claws, trying to imitate the dragon. "The lovely princess in the past had become nothing but a slob of saliva and bones, much more disgusting than the soup daddy makes."

 

“Noo…” Fisha instantly pulled her blanket closer to her eyes and her voice trembled. Was she scared? Well, a bit. To a child like Fisha, dragons were somewhat fearful creatures, especially the Plague Dragon Purgia. That dragon had a habit of kidnapping cute young girls, stripping them naked with the power of slimes before eating them raw like sashimi.

 

Or at least that was what Mommy cat told her. 

 

Seeing her daughter reacted like that, Mommy cat chuckled and then continued. After all, she did over exaggerate about the stripping part. No one knew how and where she got that idea from, but it was common sense that clothes-melting slimes don't exist.

 

“Sky and earth shaken in fear, and even the sun went away to hide. The dragon then unleashed its most secret attack. The sneeze of death! Aaaaaaa....Achooo! It sneezed, and a nearby Fisha was covered snot!”

 

“Ewwwwww! I don’t want to be covered in dragon snot!” Fisha made a disgusted face.

 

“Muahahaha! But you already are!” Mommy cat laughed evilly.  “That thick and slimy white snot, seemed harmless, but oh no my dear, it could eat through everything, even steel or adamantite! That poor Fisha’s armor and clothes underneath it melted in just fractions of a second! Leaving the girl helpless in her birthday suit!” 

 

“No! Mommy!” Fisha protested while hugging her head. “Please don’t tease Fisha!”

 

“Yes, yes, mommy’s sorry!” Mommy cat pat Fisha’s head while still chuckling. “Anyways, it was just a mistake. The girl covered in snot was not Fisha, but Lanalia, the princess’s younger sister. She was now naked and lost all her will to fight.”

 

“But… What about Valaine? Can… can she beat the evil dragon?” Fisha asked.

 

“Oh right, Valaine!” Mommy cat said. “Yes, Valaine was fearless. Swift like the wind and fast like lightning, she dodged the sneeze. The dragon raised its claws wanting to tear Valaine apart, but Valaine easily evaded that too, while climbing onto the dragon’s arm and later ran straight to its head!”

 

“Woahhh! So coool!” Fisha’s eyes sparkled like stars.

 

“However!” Mommy cat suddenly changed her tone. “Before Valaine could get to the dragon’s head, another obstacle emerged. It was a trap! The dragon had prepared hundreds of giant pimples just in case Valaine decided to attack its head! The White Demon accidently stepped on one, a chain reaction made the pimples explode like fireworks! Even Valaine, too, was now covered in clothes-digesting slimes.”

 

“NOOOOO!” Fisha shouted with angry cat noises. “But… but…”

 

“But hey, don’t you forget something?” Mommy cat looked at Fisha with a smug face and asked. 

 

“I… hmmm…” Fisha’s brows furrowed when the girl was in deep thoughts. “Oh yeah! Her panties!”

 

“Exactly!” Mommy cat exclaimed. “Valaine was smart, so she was already prepared for that move! After all, as long as a girl still has her panties on, she can still fight! And not to mention, Valaine hasssss…”

 

“Slime-resistance panties!!! Same as mine!” 

 

“Yes!” Mommy cat gave a thumbs up! “So you know how important it is to wear panties now?”

 

“Yes mom!”

 

“Ahem!” Mommy cat continued. “And then... with the indestructible panties protecting her, Valaine drew her legendary sword...hmmm, what was its name again?”

 

“Refrigerator! Refrigerator!” Fisha shouts with sparkling eyes. “It was Refrigerator!”

 

“Ah yes! The mighty Refrigerator!” Mommy cat gasped. “It’s blade was as clear as ice and as cold as a kiss from Death. Such a beautiful creation from the winter spirit of the Northern Lands. Valaine thrusted Refrigerator, aiming right at the dragon’s nostril.”

 

Fisha then gasped. “Wowww.”

 

“The White Demon unleashed her signature technique. Steam rose up from the Refrigerator's blade as the temperature around it suddenly dropped. DeathWhizkersz Swordskill, second move....”

 

“BRAIN-FREEZEEE!” Fisha litarely jumped off her bed to make an action pose. She thrusted her hand like she was holding an imaginary sword. "Schwweeeeeeeeeng! Fear my blade you ugly dragon!"

 

“Now, now, Fisha, return to your bed please.” Mommy cat frowned. "If you don't, I'm going to sell you to the snot demon!"

 

“No!” Fisha quickly crawled back onto her bed and shouted. “Not the snot demon!”

 

Mommy cat then pulled the blanket up for Fisha, and then resumed her story.

 

“Alright, continue. Schwweeeeeeeeeng! Light flashed. The dragon then collapsed, while its face still had the same expression as before the sword was trusted in. It was already dead. The kiss of the Winter Devil was, indeed, quick and deadly. The end.”

 

“Woaaaaaaahhh!” Fisha’s face was now stuck in an awed expression. “Valaine is so cool! Mommy, I want to be like her when I grow up! Mommy!”

 

“Yes," Mommy cat nodded, then looked at Fisha with dreary eyes. "Just drink enough milk, wear your panties, and you will be powerful like Valaine.”

 

"Yes!" Fisha smiled. The smile on her face and the determination in her eyes was priceless, not even a single care in this world.

 

And soon after that, the little kitty girl started to get sleepy again.

 

~Nyaaaaaaah~~~~

 

Fisha yawned. Her ears faced down, meaning it was time to sleep.

 

Mommy cat started stroking Fisha’s hair. “There, there, have a nice dream my dear little fish.”

 

With each stroke, Fisha’s eyelids were pulled closer to each other. Within just minutes, it was already shut.

 

“But mommy,” with eyes closed still, Fisha asked quietly. “You think that one day... Valaine will return?”

 

“Of course!” Mommy cat replied. “She will definitely come back and kick the Demon King’s ass!”

 

Hearing that, Fisha's face relaxed and a smile was put on her face.

 

“Mom, I think so too...” 

 

Just like that, the bedtime story had ended. Little Fisha then quickly fell asleep and started dreaming about dolphins. Mommy cat went into the kitchen to finish her preparation for evacuation. She told herself that everything would be okay, as long as she and Fisha remained together.

 

But... upon seeing the outside through the little windows…

 

Her face changed.

 

“The snow…” Mommy cat’s eyes wide open in shock… “It stopped…”

 

...

 

“Woah! We are really blessed! This means that we can get to Solsera early without freezing to death!”

 

“Yeah, the winter gods are protecting us!”

 

Mommy cat could hear people outside cheering about the sudden stop of the snow storm. This seemed to be a good sign, but Mommy cat’s thoughts were completely different.

 

Remember? It was the middle of November. This month in Wosmeowcia and the whole Northern area, snow storms don’t stop. It had always been like that, every year, for hundreds of years.

 

Therefore, there could only be one reason for this...

 

“FISSHA!” Mommy cat rushed to the bed room, shouting like her lungs were about to burst, “FISHA! WAKE UP! WAKE UP RIGHT NOW!”

 

Hearing that, Fisha opened her eyes. What was going on? The little girl was now in a state of confusion, having no idea why her mother was acting like that.

 

“Mommy…” Fisha then noticed something when she looked out of the bedroom window.. 

 

“Mommy, look! Black snow!” 

 

“No…” 

 

Seeing that, Mommy cat’s knees dropped and she collapsed onto the floor. Her face turned white and her body trembled.

 

It was not black snow.

 

It… 

 

It was ashes.

 

28