Chapter 5 – Doctor Takeshita
395 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aura Mec, Berlin, floor 135th.

 

This hospital was huge, basically built as a skyscraper and functioned as one of the main hospitals for the entire Europe. Yes, not just Berlin, not just Germany, but the entire Europe continent. Advances in transportation technology had made this possible. If it was not an emergency that required medical attention right away, then any patient within Europe would be transported here for the best health care and treatment possible, free of charge.

 

Stefan stepped out of the elevator, the virtual assistants at reception desk showed him the way to Mr Takeshita’s office. Unlike Nyanko, an android with physical body, the virtual assistant girls were just AI generated holograms. Stefan looked out of the window, only saw the sun and cloud. This was the very top floor that only reserved for VIP guests. This floor basically had everything a doctor needed. Stefan walked to a room that read: Diagnostic Imaging. The door opened automatically, and he was greeted by a Japanese man in white blouse.

 

“Yo! Stefan my boy! Right on time!”

 

“Good morning, Doc!” Stefan greeted back.

 

Doctor Takeshita Ryoichi has the appearance of a tall and handsome Asian man. Despite being in his 40s right now, he was still able to keep his body in perfect shape and looked much younger than his actual age. If Stefan didn’t know him and the doctor wasn’t wearing his uniform, then he would have mistaken him for a 20 years old Asian chad.

 

“Yes, now sit here, take off your phone and watch, and lie down.” 

 

Not wasting any time, Takeshita put his hand on the bed and instructed Stefan to prepare for the test. Stefan followed accordingly.

 

“So… you have been having nightmares, right?” Takeshita asked while connecting Stefan’s body with different sensor pads.

 

Beep!

 

His heart rate, temperature and blood pressure instantly appeared on one of the computer screens.

 

“Yeah…” Stefan answered. “I have been thinking, it might be a side effect of the new drug.”

 

“Hmm, possibly,” Takeshita replied. “Most people experience insomnia as side effects, but some might find this drug rather sedative. Nightmares huh? Who knows? Your brain might be a bit different and we will have to look into that.”

 

“Oh yes please, I just want to get out of this situation as soon as possible” 

 

“I will do the best I can.”

Doctor Takeshita then gave Stefan a pair of earpads. Why? Because what he was about to go through could hurt his ears. Stefan put the earpads on. Then, the bed which he was lying on was then raised high up onto the air, then connected to a giant machine.

 

Click.

 

The bed was then moved to position Stefan’s head inside the machine.

 

“Ready?”

 

“Anytime, Doc!” Steafan signaled.

 

“Great!” 

 

Doctor Takeshita then started the machine. It was a Ten-Dimensional Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine, the most advanced and the only one in the world at the moment. Brrrrrr! The machine warmed itself up with a loud mechanical noise. Yeah, it seemed that, even in 2080, people still couldn’t make MRI run quieter. In fact, it had become so noisy that even the walls had to be sound proof and the patients had to wear earpads. 

 

Slowly, the image of Stefan’s brain emerged on Takeshita’s computer screens. There were many screens, each showed a different image of a separated cut. However, that was not the final result. Right after the machine stopped its noise, countless rays of light flashed, projecting hundreds of images into a giant orb at the center. 

 

The images merged together, magically and majestically.

 

Brain model reconstruction completed.

 

A hologram, or a 3D replication of Stefan’s actual brain had been recreated and shown inside this orb. Takeshita placed his hands on the orb, turned it around to see it in different directions. He used his finger movements to zoom in and out. It was so clear, so perfect that every single cell could be observed with mere human eyes.   

 

The doctor examined this hologram, carefully, while having the files that Nyanko sent him open on a separate screen nearby.

 

However, the more he looked at Stefan’s brain, the more confused he became. He kept turning the hologram around, zooming in and out the same image many times over and over again. The doctor’s brows furrowed, and his puzzled expression was clear to see.

 

“This is… impossible…”

 

He murmured.

 

And became lost in thoughts.

 

...

 

“Doc?...”

 

... Hello?”

 

…Is everything alright?”

 

 

Stefan’s voice suddenly brought Takeshita back to reality.

 

“Huh! … Stefan! You startled me!”

 

“Oh!” Stefan exclaimed. He had had many examinations like this before, but never had he witnessed doctor Takeshita being like this. Therefore, he decided to tap on the doctor’s shoulder to check on him.

 

The doctor’s reaction this time, indeed, worried him a lot.

 

Therefore, “Well, does it look bad? What’s going on?” Stefan asked.

 

“Ah… mmm…” Takeshita hesitated for a moment. “nothing!” he then said. “I just… how about we go to a different room and have a chat?”

 

“Well, if you want to!”

 

The virtual reception girl then appeared and showed Stefan his way to doctor Takeshita’s personal room. Takeshita said that he had to go somewhere first, so Stefan stayed there and waited for nearly an hour. And when he returned…

 

“Well, good news! Everything’s normal!”

 

“Heh?” Stefan almost jumped out of his seat. After everything had happened, this was the answer that he least expected.

 

“Haha, my apologies.There was some error with the processing program that resulted in an incorrect final image. You know, I will have to file a complaint about this.”

 

“What? How can this happen? This is unacceptable in a medical setting!” Stefan voiced his concern. 

 

“I know, right?” Takeshita nodded. ”But, you know, that machine was our latest model, the most advanced technology but also the one with the most potential for errors. You are its first and only customer so far, so...”

 

“I see!” Stefan exclaimed. “So, do we have to do another test? I’m ready if you need to!”

 

“Ah! No need!” Takeshita replied. “It was only an error in the processing part. Once I figured it out and fixed it, everything turned out normal, haha!”

 

“Oh, if you say so…”

 

Stefan heaved a sigh of relief. 

 

“But the thing is, I still couldn’t figure out why those nightmares happened to you, as everything seemed normal.”

 

“Ah, right…” Stefan replied. He just almost forgot why he came here in the first place.

 

“I’m sorry,” said doctor Takeshita.

 

“Well, don’t be! At least my brain is normal, right? That’s good news already!”

 

“Yes! Nothing’s wrong with you, at least from what I’ve seen so far. In case it was the side effect of medication like you said, I lowered your dose, so let’s see if it helps.”

 

“Yes, thank you very much!”

 

Well, to Stefan, doctor Takeshita was the best doctor in the world right now, specializing in neurology. if the doctor said so himself, then there was no reason for Stefan to worry anymore.

 

“By the way, Shoji couldn’t be here today, so he asked me to give you this.”

 

Takeshita then took out something from his pocket, and handed it to Stefan. It was some kind of machine, as small as a hair clip. 

 

“What is this?” Stefan received the gift. He then examined it, curiously. There was Aura logo, and the product name. 

 

“No way!” That son of a bitch! He did it!” Stefan shouted out of excitement.

 

“Haha, look like you already know what this is!” Takeshita laughed and tapped Stefan’s back. “Yes, our newest portable headset, this technology will surely blow your mind!”

 

“I’m already blown away, Doc! Putting something this powerful, into something this small! That bastard!”

 

“Then check out the specs too! You’ll be surprised even further!”

 

“I can’t wait!”

 

And just like that, Stefan put the headset into his tiny jean pocket. He was already aware of how awesome Aura technologies were. However, just by seeing this, his mind was already filled with new hype and expectations. 

How powerful was it?

 

What processor was it?

 

How fast was the neuro-link?

 

Therefore, right after that, Stefan said goodbye to the doctor and headed home. Like a child, he wanted to try this on as soon as possible. 

 

“To think that one day we can reach this impossible level...” standing on the hyperloop station platform, Stefan murmured. “This guy, I just love how he is always sitting at the top.”

 

True. Not only in real life, but also in Fantasia Online too.

 

Shoji Ryoichi....

 

Top player. Rank 1. 

 

Belphagos, The Black Angel of Auraris.

18