Chapter 10 – She is here too!
269 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Without any preparation, Stefan was thrown into the game world of Fantasia once again . He was now Valaine, a character he created many years ago. But, unlike in the past when it was still a popular VRMMO game, he was loss at what to do. Like a lost lamb, he wandered, many hours around Lunaria, searching for any kind of clue. But, so far, nothing. There was no NPC, no quest, no objective…

 

Stefan had already checked the mission log. Just like before, with a single thought command, a screen popped up. However, that mission log was empty. There was no event either. Also, no new mail. Everything was... just blank.

 

 

Why is this happening?

 

What is the meaning of this dream?

 

What am I supposed to do?

 

Too many question, but not a single one had any answer. 

 

So, what now?

 

And just when Stefan made a random wish that, maybe, someone could come and help him figure this thing out, guiding him through this realm, a familiar voice made its way into his mind.

 

“Master! Are you alright? Can you hear me?”

 

It was a female voice, so soft and sweet.

 

“Huh?”

 

It took Stefan a few seconds to process this voice.

 

Nyanko!!!

 

That was unexpected! Stefan’s heart jumped for joy upon hearing his real life cat girlfriend’s voice. Was this real? How did she get here, inside the dream?

 

“Yes! I can hear you clearly!” Stefan shouted in extreme happiness. “How… how can you do this?”

 

“Master,” Nyanko’s voice echoed again. She was not currently present in the game. Her voice just came out of nowhere. “It was eight minutes ago that the Aura Phantasmal started acting strange and your brain waves were having these weird patterns again. I saw the TSF shoot up to over 20. So, I tried to wake you up via e-messages but there was no response. As the last resort, I hijacked the Phantasmal. It took me over two minutes to get it done.”

 

“Woah, you can do that?”

 

“It’s code 402: Emergency. I know that this kind of unauthorized action is not permitted, but Master’s safety has to be prioritized under any circumstances.”

 

Hearing that, Stefan literally broke out in tears. “Uwaaaa! Thank god! Nyanko, you are the bestest girl!”

 

“Well, thank you very much,” Nyanko replied. “By the way, what happened? May I access your sensory inputs?”

 

“Sure!”

 

Right after Stefan said that, he heard a static noise and his vision flickered for one second. Everything returned to normal after that.

 

“Sensory crosstalk, initiating... Done!” Nyanko informed him. And after seeing the world through Stefan’s eyes, “Oh my, so this is really Fantasia,” she exclaimed.

 

“Wait… how do you know about Fantasia?”

 

“Simple. Ever since you had those dreams, I have done my research over the internet for thousands of Fantasia gameplay videos. I also have the whole Fantasia wikipedia right inside my data right now. We can access it anytime, in case you need to.”

 

“Holy shit!” Stefan exclaimed. “You’re amazing!”

 

“Yes, I know,” said Nyanko. She was too used to compliments like this, so she didn’t react much. “By the way, can you log out by yourself?”

 

Stefan then tried to open the menu and press the log out button, but it didn’t work.

 

“Can you force a log out?”

 

“Hm… please wait a moment.”

 

 

“Master, there is something that preventing me from making further interferences. I’m afraid that I am too, unable to do that.”

 

“I see…”

 

Hearing that, Stefan sighed, heavily. It was a bit disappointing that even Nyanko couldn’t help him escape from the dream this time. But, thinking about the whole situation again, the fact that Nyanko was with him right now was already more than he could have asked for. 

 

Nyanko, a waifu android catgirl but had a super quantum computer brain, unlimited knowledge and extremely powerful problem solving ability. With her by his side, Stefan’s hope of cracking this dream had increased significantly.

 

Therefore, he quickly issued a new order:

 

“Nyanko, can NeuralLink crosstalk access my memory?”

 

“Hmmm…” Nyanko checked the Phantasmal system that she hijacked again. Took a few seconds. “Yes! But it’s only to a certain extend and requires permission.”

 

“Good. Go for it.”

 

“Are you sure? It’s… it’s…”

 

“Why not? Is there any risk of memory loss of brain damage?”

 

“No, but… y-you know… your memory includes... everything happened yesterday… f-frrom your perspective…”

 

“Huh?”

 

For some reason, Nyanko started acting strange. She was stuttering… as an android? Stefan just wanted her to look at his memory to find out more clues about this situation. More than anything, he wanted to confirm whether the dragon was Jeffrey or not. So why was Nyanko suddenly like that?

 

Ah… Stefan suddenly realized.

 

“Wait. Are you afraid of me going through that horrifying experience again? Don’t worry, with you by my side this time, I can endure even the worst torture in hell!”

 

“Y-yes!… then…”

 

“Do it!”

 

Just like that, right after saying the words, Stefan’s body, now Valaine, collapsed onto the ground. In just a few seconds, everything happened the past couple days flashed back. Inside Stefan’s head, all of his memories, senses, thoughts, and feeling, turned into computer datas, flowed through the android cat girl’s processor, filling up a massive space inside her storage.

12