Chapter 11- Thank you
275 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11- Thank you

Elise opens her eyes and realizes that she is no longer in the dungeon. The room is bright compared to the place she came from. The room smells nice and the ambience is cozy, the setting of the room gives Elise a home feeling.

She didn't feel any pain anymore and her bruises were gone. Elise tried to stand up to change her clothes. She didn't like wearing dresses for sleeping.

Alicia who on the other hand coming back to Elise's room opens the door.

"thud"

Elise felt the cold chill after hearing a thud sound from the door, her hand trembling a little standing frozen.

Alicia, who came back to Elise's room, gets her eyes bigger when she notices Elise who is lying in the bed is now standing at the edge of the bed.

"Elise!"

Alicia hurriedly hugged Elise.

"Oh my god! I'm so happy that you’re awake now"

"A-Alicia..."

Elise breathes carefully and has a deep relief after seeing Alicia's pretty face. She looks like a rabbit staring cute back at her. Elise notices that Alicia becomes tall and her body becomes slenderer compared to Elise who was thinner.

"Where are we?"

Alicia, who is now excited, flinched hearing Elise's question.

"We're here at Forbe Estate." Alicia quietly answered.

"Then tell me everything that happened."

Alicia nodded and told Elise to eat first before they talk. They have lunch on the veranda of the Elise room. The sun is bright and it’s a good day to have a picnic outside. Elise seeing the scenery feels indifference. She never thought that she would escape the prison hell, after all, she is just a side character for the protagonist to awaken her power.  Elise sighs after the long thoughts.

"I'm sorry."

Elise heard a small voice coming from Alicia. The surroundings are so quiet and the brightness is blinding. Elise has no ill feelings for Alicia but wanted to know why it took so long for Alicia to find them.

"After the adoption, I was soon enrolled at the Courbet Academy. Ms. Samantha actually asked for my help to convince the emperor to have an investigation for Duke Molten.  Ms. Samantha realizes that Duke Molten is one of the people responsible for the missing children. She wanted to gather evidence but she can't do it alone. That's why she asked me for help.... You see, that time I told her that I was awake and I could use magic. She is desperate because Duke Molten set his eye on the orphanage."

A long pause after Alicia stops talking. Her emotions are showing. Guilt? compassion? and sadness.

"We were preparing to submit a petition to the court of the imperial palace but that time, the magic council rejected us because Duke Molten is a powerful magician and an aristocrat... I was devastated, then I met the Empress."

I look at Alicia astonished. She really meets the Empress. Unexpectedly, the book said that Alicia was destined to meet the former Saintes.

"The Empress is a kind person, she listened to me and I tried my best to explain to her the situation of La papillonne. Then she told me that the light sends her to me...."

"What do you mean Alicia?"

"The empress said that I am the new saint of the empire."

Alicia's eyes become yellowish. The surroundings have become more warm and I can see particles of light coming from her. Is this the divine power? I keep my mouth shut. I already know that her power is for saints. I never told her because I know the danger but I guess the cat was out of the bag. Alicia continues to talk.

"The Empress invited me to the palace. I was still confused but I took it as a chance to talk to the emperor. It was a scary moment of my life but after thinking of the children and you Elise, I endured my fear."

Alicia smiles and the yellow light coming from her becomes lighter. what the heck, its blinding Elise eyes, too much brightness coming from this girl. Elise sighs.

"He offered me a position of the saint but I refused. I told him that I still can't control my power and too much use of the divine power is taking a toll on my body. I would be sick and become weak. I never thought of becoming a saint but I know that I can't refuse the emperor. That's why I asked him to let me participate in the mission of rescuing the missing children in exchange for accepting my fate."

Alicia smiles at me. It's her way of saying it’s not my fault that she will become a saint. It’s her habit to smile that way, to tell people that she was fine. I know that it is her destiny that's why I didn't feel anything. It will happen eventually but I am not saying that I’m not thankful that Alicia saved us. The Emperor must be fond of Alicia now.

"Then we captured Dilon after the attempted kidnapping. He is the leader of the cult. He killed so many children and we think that he was connected to Duke Molten. I was angry back then. The emperor ordered him to be executed but I have a plan. I don't know why but I have the feeling that if we watch him for some time he will go to his base. We found you in the mountains of the North. It is a forbidden place for the magicians and they are not allowed to stay on that land. I'm still looking for that place, that's why I can't tell you now."

Elise is silent. A forbidden land? It was never stated in the book of The Lazy Lucky Princess. Elise thought that they were held imprisoned at the orphanage but they were not! What kind of magic did Dilon use to teleport them? Elise's frown became deeper.

"After then we tailed him and realised that some people were helping him back. Unfortunately, Duke Molten isn't on the scene and we didn't have enough evidence of him being part of the conspiracy. Nero decided to just save the children first because that's our priority."

"Then what happened to Duke Molten?'

"He is still in his guard and it is hard to find more tails because Nero killed Dilon. After saving you I withdraw to the mission to take care of you."

"Hmm"

"By the way, you keep asking Nero who he is?"

"Oh, He is my guard."

Elise nodded. She understood now. The book Lazy Lucky Princess is still following the flow of the story, though some parts aren't matching anymore like when Elise being the one who was locked at the prison. Alicia having a guard.... Elise thinks that She must have forgotten something important. Nero is a familiar character to her. She can't point it out but he is very familiar. After thinking deeply Elise still can't remember that's why she just shrugged it off.

"Anyway Alicia, thank you for saving me. I really appreciate it."

I said after smiling at her.

 

END OF CHAPTER 11…

13