Chapter 13- Warning
252 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13- Warning

Fear is a primitive human emotion. It can alert a person in presence of danger or threat of harm. Elise who saw the person who was the cause of her fear gritted her teeth.

She doesn’t want to feel threatened just because she saw the villain. Elise tried her best to calm down and fight the abnormal fear developing inside her. It’s in my mind... Elise wanted to act as normal as possible but her voice broke talking with Nero.

"Nero, C-can we get out of here fast? I think I'm not recovered yet. I feel tired now."

Nero notices the sudden change of atmosphere. The girl stops walking and stands frozen after seeing Alicia with Duke Molten. He heard her saying to go out but Nero's crescent eyes caught that she's frightened after noticing her voice.

Nero grabs Elise's shoulder and turns her around. He patted her head and whispered something.

"Sshhhh, Stay here."

Elise, who is unaware that she's biting her lips hard, was surprised by the sudden action of Nero. Elise's eyes got bigger by the emotional burden. She gathers her thoughts and breathes slowly to stabilize her breathing.

--

Alicia is done checking a book in the left wing corner of the shelves. She is disappointed that she can't find the book she needs. It was an assignment from the academy in her Theology subject, that's why when she invited Elise to go to the capital it was in her plan to stop by at the bookstore.

Alicia thinks that maybe the book she needed is in the higher shelves but she did not bring her passes so it was impossible to access it. For now, Alicia will just go to Elise and ask her if she wants to buy a book.

"Good day my Lady Alicia Forbe."

A voice from a man suddenly greeted Alicia. She saw him standing one meter across her, Duke Molten- wearing his signature black suit.

Alicia is taken aback by the sudden appearance but manages to stay composed and in her graceful smile she greeted the duke.

"Greetings to Duke Molten."

A simple unemotional response but her poise is so perfect that no one can see her true feelings.

"You're still beautiful Lady Alicia. Even a busy gentleman like me is willing to spare the time just to treat you to lunch."

"Thank you for your kindness Duke but I'm afraid I'm very busy giving you my precious time."

Alicia's smile is elegant and pretends to be innocent after ridiculing the Duke. She faces him confidently.

Duke Molten flinched by the rejection and rudeness. He made sure that lady Alicia is alone today before he approached her. He was flustered by the direct dislike that he was embarrassed.

"Lady-"

"Greetings Duke Molten"

Nero's appearance surprised the Duke. Alicia, after hearing Nero's voice, is now breathing normally. She felt the adrenaline finally leaving her but she stayed calm. Nero is the guard of Alicia that is rude to the Duke. Nero's uninterested eyes stare at the Duke with pure arrogance.

"I'm still talking to Lady Alicia."

Duke Molten's eyes are full of disgust, eyeing Nero. He is angry by the rude guard remarks. Insolence of interrupting a noble!  but even after he used an intimidation spell Nero didn't budge but in contrast he became icy cold.

"The Lady needs to be back to the academy. I'm afraid forcing a lady is not an act of a gentleman Duke."

Nero is polite but his intention to get rid of the Duke is obvious. His face has no emotion just like the time when he killed Dilon in the dungeon. The Duke flinched by the sharpness of the mere guard.

"I'm planning to take the lady for lunch. A dog guard should just follow in the back, don't you think so?"

Duke Molten is so pissed. He is ready to get rid of the guard by disrespecting him many times. He will use it as an opportunity to blackmail the lady. A vicious smile showed on his face.

"Duke Molten. Never forget that Lady Alicia is an excellent student valued by the academy and the empire. A lunch that isn't approved by the Lady will take as violence of the academy, or taken as an insult to imperial law as discrimination of the student. Now Duke, are you still going to risk it.?"

The aggressive answer flustered the Duke. He wanted to kill him this instant but stop himself. He became stiff and glared at Nero.

It’s true that Lady Alicia is a genius and acknowledged by the empire. Forcing her now will only make a bad impression to both academy and imperial law. He thinks fast and controls his expression. He bows as a sign of defeat and leaves them without looking back.

Elise who is listening far away silently applauds by Nero's gut. He is worthy of Alicia. Now that Elise witnesses that Nero can protect Alicia, she decides to be on friendly terms with Nero. Maybe she trusts him, at least for protecting her until her fifteen birthday.

Elise is sure that Duke Molten wanted Alicia but his intention isn't clear to her. She plans to think of an escape plan if ever Duke Molten tried to harass Alicia but thanks to Nero she is now free from anxiety. But Duke Molten's attitude is clearly a warning, the Duke is suspicious of Elise. His behavior is close to the obsession of Alicia. She wanted to be ready for the future confrontation.

The three of them decided to go back home even though they still have more itinerary. Alicia notices Elise's wounds in her lips and worries endlessly. Elise manages to calm her down and send a signal to Nero but he just stares at her with indifferences.

  

END OF CHAPTER 13…

10