Chapter 21- Curse
187 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Hi, see my notes in my profile after reading this chapter. Thank you! Enjoy reading

***

Chapter 21- Curse

In her consciousness, the voices of the people around her are getting loud. Elise felt the huge amount of magic mana everywhere, she can't understand why but her senses became sharp after the warm energy surrounded her. She opens her eyes and raises herself. There were corpses everywhere, those men wearing black outfits. She remembered the night of terror in the orphanage. They were wearing the same mask and the dark-colored aura inside. Elise got a hint of an unexpected scenario. 

"Elise!" Alicia, crying in tears, hugged her. 

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly. 

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine... but what are you doing here?" Elise asked while wiping Alicia's tears. 

"The emperor gives us a mission to inspect the mountain of Yaven..." Nero replied to Elise's question since Alicia is still sobbing.

"Hey, Alicia, Stop crying. I am really fine. I'm sorry I got you worried." Elise consoles her then looks at Nero. 

"It's dangerous for Alicia to go here! Why did you let her join the mission?!" Elise snapped after remembering the original plot. 

Elise had the hunched that the men who attacked them got something to do with the person that imprisoned her a year ago, She's not referring to Dilon but the mastermind, the one who used the forbidden ancient magic. 

"E-Elise.... Don't be rude to the-'' Alicia said after calming down

Elise didn't back down. Her eyes are sharp as she breathes heavily. The original plot is happening again! Alicia will be wounded this time. Her divine power is not yet complete, she's not yet fifteen! It's dangerous for her to be exposed, especially that they don't know the villain yet! What's worse, Alicia is the target. Even now she's surrounded by golden light. 

Nero frowned at Elise's evident fear, but her voice was sharp and she was speaking in animosity. He plans to train Alicia while protecting her from harm. He also allowed Carson to join them, his aid, and the man he trusted. For unforeseen danger. Nero wanted to say that he can handle the situation well but this commoner girl is questioning his decision. His eyes narrowed by the abrupt comment from Elise. 

"It is still dangerous to all of us. There is a dark magician inside the mountain,  he could create curse spells and his target is Alicia." Elise mumbled while gripping Alicia's hand.

"How did you know that?" Nero is nonetheless convinced by Elise's warning. He looks at her with doubt but Elise looks at Nero with a fierce gaze. The invisible tension between them sparked. 

"I told her that." Bwi interrupted them and looked at Elise. 

"Did you know who's the dark magician?" Bwi asked Elise in her mind. 

"Not yet, but he's dangerous." Elise replied. 

"Sir Rj, Sir Rio, Can you both please come near me?" Elise said after a moment. 

"Bwi, cast a protection spell on both of them," Elise ordered Bwi in her mind. 

Rj and Rio go to Elise without any words. They trusted Elise and she's the person they both need to protect. 

"Aye Sir!" Bwi answered after and cast a quick spell. 

White light encloses both of them. Rj felt the warm energy throughout his body. His wounds automatically healed and his scar disappeared. Rj felt the incredible power bestow on them. 

Elise looked at Alicia after. 

"Do you trust me?" Elise asked 

Alicia is confused but nods her head. 

"I will protect you no matter what so please endure everything." Elise promised and turned to Nero.  

"Nero, there's a dark magician in the mountain. He can cast a curse and his target is Alicia. You have to protect her no matter what." she said 

"I understand." Nero replied to her. 

Afterward, Elise sighs. She thought Nero would not listen to her but surprisingly he agrees to her easily. Now that she thinks of it, another good-looking man is watching them quietly. She looks at him wondering who he is.

"Who?" Elise muttered and studied the man a few blocks away from her. 

"I'm Carson, Nice to meet you." he said after a moment. 

"Carson?." Elise said in a low voice... 

Both of Elise's eyes widened after realizing who the man was. He is the personal aid of the crown prince! He is a skilled magician and a strong knight of the empire! He has blue hair from the ocean, deep blue eyes, and is a very popular character. He has a serious and cold personality. Elise read Carson as the most loyal character in the story. She's glad that he's with them. 

"My name is Elise." She replied after a moment. 

---

They climb to the mountain to find the exit. Bwi is sleeping, after using his power on Carson. They walk and Elise is beside Alicia at the center, while Rj and Rio in front and Nero and Carson at the back. The whole mountain is quiet, it was unusual. It's already dark when they reach the side river. Nero decided to camp out.  They made a bonfire and Rio cooked food for them. 

The soup Rio cooks tasted delicious. Elise never learned how to cook, that's why she watched Rio while preparing the ingredients and helped a little, while Alicia was preparing the utensils. 

It is good that the people in Elise's group know magic. It made their life easy. Bwi is already awake eating his food. She watched him eating like a pig. Bwi eats deliciously, he eats a lot. Elise had fun watching the cat.

Nero is quiet and alert, same with Carson. He never smiles nor speaks, just a polite answer when someone is asking him. Elise likes Carson's character more than the male leads. He is calm and composed though he's a little bit scary when fighting. 

She thinks of the crown prince. Elise wanted to see him in the flesh because the author described him as the most handsome in the empire, Elise was his fan while reading his features. But she will only meet him after Alicia's coming of age ceremony. They will dance and the people will praise how they suited each other. How unfortunate, If that happens Elise won't be invited because only the nobles are allowed to participate. 

They finished eating and prepared for bed. They made a tent good for two people. Alicia and Elise slept in the tent while the men were outside. 

---

Elise heard voices in her sleep. The sound of cries is familiar to her. 

"Please.... don't kill me!" said the voices 

"Elise!"

"Don't....... Please....." 

"Elise!" 

A voice calling her name made Elise open her eyes. two-round golden eyes appeared near her face. Elise sighed after realizing that she's having a nightmare. Bwi seated in front of her waited for Elise to fully awaken. She moves her arm and reaches her head. She wanted to drink water. It felt like she was in a deep body of water. Bwi quickly gave her needs. 

"Thank you." She receives the water and drinks it. Elise feels better after. 

She found Alicia still sleeping. The surroundings are quiet. Elise has a bad feeling about her dream, she can't point it out but it feels weird that she has a nightmare that seems real. 

"Elise?" Alicia's hoarse voice called her. 

"What's wrong?" Alicia raised from bed and attended to Elise.

The sun will rise in minutes, they wake up early Elise thinks of their company outside, if they are already awake. 

"I just had a dream." she said after smiling at Alicia's innocent face. 

Her hair is long and pretty, Alicia yawns and smiles at Elise. Her sleep is comfortable for the first time since they arrived in the Yaven mountain. 

Elise decided to wash her face in the river. She quickly got up and told Alicia her plan. They both went out of the tent and found the men already awake. 

"Good morning." Rio smiles after greeting them. 

"Morning." Alicia answered. 

Elise goes to the river and washes her face. She went back after and saw Rio cooking their breakfast. Elise is seated near the fire. The whole night is cold and the blankets they have aren't enough for Elise. 

She stayed there until Rio finished cooking. Nero is eating quietly while Carson eats quickly then goes to his post to guard the surroundings. Rj also guarded the opposite side. They finish eating and clean up. 

The sun is setting and the temperature changes. The warm feeling of fresh air and sunlight touches Elise. She breathed the air and stayed in her spot for a while.

"Boooofffsss!" a loud sound near the river shock them. 

Men with the same black outfit and mask appeared and attacked them. Elise saw Carson cast a barrier but the magic from the other side is powerful. The barrier is getting ripped. 

Nero cast a spell and killed the assassins. Elise saw Alicia fighting. Rio is using water magic. His casting spells were quick and many of the attackers died because of drowning. 

Rj gets his swords and brutally fights the attackers. Elise looked for Bwi and she found him beside her watching the scene with his big golden eyes.

"They are being controlled." Bwi said for a second. 

"What?" Elise wanted to help them but she couldn't fight. She doesn't have any ability. 

"Bwi! Protect Alicia!" Elise shouted after seeing Alicia using her power to the assassins. They were too many and Elise is worried for Alicia's strengths to weaken. 

"You dumb unusual soul! you're the one who's in danger!" Bwi shouted back, the golden light energies enclosed Elise to defend her from dark magic. 

"There are curses in their spells. We need to get out of here!" Bwi said after sensing the dark mana that's getting closer. 

Nero hears Bwi's words and checks for Alicia and the others. The barrier is getting weak because of the dark mana. Carson is strong but if they curse at him it will be hard for Nero to protect everyone. 

Nero glanced at Elise. She's in a golden barrier made by the spirit guardian. Her attention is on Alicia. Nero recalled her warning yesterday. She's ambivalent.

Nero decided to use his divine power. He cast a spell and most of the assailants weakened and trembled by his tremendous power, the men became ashes. Nero realized that the dark magician was using ancient spells of controlling souls. His hair began to change into a golden color and the gray eyes became red. 

Nero is furious. He recollected the abducted children and the information of ancient magic in the scene. It was for sacrificing souls. He breathed heavily and gritted his teeth. He will slay him!

Elise witnesses the transformations of Nero's appearances. His brown hair becomes golden yellow while his eyes are dark and remind her of a jewel. She was so stunned that her mouth was left open. He is..... He was the crowned prince?! 

The crowned prince features from the book were, he has golden delicate hair that fascinates all the noble ladies in the empire, pointed nose and flawless pale skin like snow and his assets... The jewel ruby eyes, the shape of a fox made him look more snobbish and prominent. 

His face is certainly his asset. Elise wanted to applaud the author of the book for the first time since she went here. The male lead is on another level, she thought. Elise almost forgot that they're in the middle of battle, seeing Nero's natural face. He is so handsome! 

Nero speaks but Elise did not hear him because she wasn't concentrating. Alicia went to her after and joined Elise. 

Rj and Rio also ran to them while Carson ceased his barrier magic. 

Nero walks to the center and uses his power. The dark magic stops from firing and the men in black perish in ashes. 

The attack halts, the sky is forming gray clouds and a vast broad emerges in the center. A black cloak and a loud laugh echo the sky. 

Elise heard a very creepy sound.

It was from the dark magician. 

9