Chapter 22- Dark Magician
221 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 22- Dark Magician

The sky becomes darker after the dark magician comes out. Nero's eyes narrowed, gazing at the sky. A loud laugh goes on, Elise glances at it. 

The dark magician has a sluggish cloak that covers half of his face. He grinned then slowly went to the land. 

"Be careful." Elise muttered and held Alicia's hand. 

"My name is Elliott. Your highness? hahaha" He bows and laughs like a lunatic. 

"Carson, Get them out of here." Nero instructed his aid.

The dark magician has scars on his skin, from cheeks to his neck. There are symbols that Elise distinguishes.

"Forbidden magic." Elise notifies while examining the symbols. 

"Alicia, Let's go." Elise said while quivering. She can't stay here anymore!

Rj and Rio look at Elise and her trembling hands.  They sense enormous magic, all dark magic is aimed at them. Thanks to Bwi's power, they can still breathe normally. 

Nero also recognized the ancient symbols. It's risky for people who don't have a divine power to be near the dark magician. 

After a while, gloomy clouds and thunderstorms began to deteriorate. The crazy magician is looking for something and halts his gaze at Alicia. He scowls. 

"Do you know why we need to eradicate the Saint? He asked while glaring at Alicia. 

"Because she will end everything... Magic, civilization, and the empire... Like a bomb! Kaboom!! Hahahaha... Oops, you still don't know that... You, empire people, are oblivious. If you understand us, You will also kill that Saint! You evil Saint!!" He shouted like crazy making the green aura encircle him.

The scowl appears on Nero's face. He doesn't understand what he's babbling about but he is convinced that this dark magician wanted them annihilated, especially Alicia. 

"Carson!" Nero muttered

"Yes, Your Highness." Carson glances at Alicia and tries to drag her. 

Elise saw how Alicia's frown face turned to surprise. Alicia is having a disturbed face. She heard the dark magician mumbling about the Saint but the real story Elise read about Saint, she was the savior of the empire. It never stated if she will end the magic or she's that powerful because the divine powers have limits. It can reduce someone's life if utilized uncontrollably. It will never be enough. And Elise read it with a happy ending. Nero will marry Alicia and the peaceful empire will continue. 

How come he's saying different things? Elise recollected the night of terror where Dilon told the children about the Reader. Who is the reader? Why does he know about the Saint's power and How did he brainwash people? 

Until now Elise has no resources or full knowledge about the forbidden magic... Not only that, she only read books about it in the orphanage and it was restricted. She's not sure what was the connection of divine power to ancient magic, the reader and the dark magicians knowing something about ending the whole era of magic. Miraculously, Elise is gifted that she can read those difficult signs or spells but maybe because her soul was not originally from this world. She had privileges. Helpful or not, Elise's skills only can be beneficial if Alicia won't be harmed by this time. 

The wind turns amazingly sharp. The trees are dancing vigorously and they have a hard time discerning the surroundings. Elise's heart pounds faster. She's nervous and afraid that the people she's with will be in a dangerous situation. The anxiety that keeps forming in her heart sends cold sweat to Elise's face. She wished to save them but she didn't know-how. 

The story tells how Rj and Alicia become the victim of a dark magician. He casts a spell taking them to dimensions that control their minds. It was like a scenario repeating the traumas they experienced. Elise read the story of how Alicia crumbled and barely died but was saved by the prince. It was a hellish excursion for both Rj and Alicia. In the end, their minds drifted and the scary scenes were affecting them but Alicia was helped by the spirit guardian to accumulate her right mind. She was saved and Nero destroyed the dark magician. 

Now, Elise's anxiety doubled when both people were unexpectedly present at this time. She was clueless. She never thought that bringing Rj here would endanger his life. She plans to introduce Rj after their journey and already commencing her plans. But because of her, both people that are important to her will be at risk. Same with Rio and the others. 

"Elise! Elise!" Alicia called for her. Seeing how pale she was, Alicia's heart thumped and the impassiveness she felt earlier started to melt. 

Alicia's face hardened. It was not the time for her to be weak. This person becomes her friend and a family. Elise once suffered anguish and she was guilty of leaving her alone in the orphanage thinking Elise was safe when she was accumulating her strength. It was wrong of her. Now, she found her... She will never let Elise be in that situation again. Never!

The pale face of Elise dissipates on her entire face. It was influencing everything. Her breathing becomes sensitive and she is having a hard time. 

"Unusual soul! your thoughts again!" Bwi said.

Bwi's golden eyes become bigger. He knows that Elise was thinking negative ideas and it was dangerous because the dark magician was using ancient magic. It will only arouse bad feelings in them. He can't jeopardize it especially since Elise is acting vulnerable. 

Elise's eyes changed and the light disappeared. Bwi panicked, he still can't release a bigger amount of magic because he will sleep for the entire day and it will be risky because he's protecting people. If he will help them all... Elise would be affected and she would die. But these people were significant to Elise, though he didn't care about them. In the end, Elise's desire is his priority. And it always will since before.

The surroundings shift and Elise knows that the dark magician is launching cast spells that will control their minds. In her consciousness, Elise gave a command to Bwi. 

"T-tell the prince the information of the dark magician, how I read it in the book... H-his weakness... And..." Elise puffed up blood, she was on her limit. 

"Protect them Bwi." Elise commands in a firm voice. She tastes the metallic blood but still, proceeds and continues speaking. Her surroundings turn black and for a moment, Elise collapses.

"In your command." Bwi responded. 

The golden light spreads like wildfire. Rj, Rio and Carson were already asleep. The green aura was covering them, affecting their minds. It was a miserable scenario for them. 

--

Nero knows the risk if he uses his power but still intends to use it because he finally understands why these people wanted to kidnap Alicia. They meant for her death. 

The hasty gloaming aura forms in the air and spreads widely that changes the atmosphere. The windstorm is moving towards them making it hard to see the area. 

Nero saw how the dark aura attacked them and it was too late when he cast a spell to protect everyone. Though he was sure that Alicia can protect herself he was not sure for the others. He spits blood when he releases divine power. He protected them but still, there is more forbidden magic circulating faster than he guessed. He cannot just use his power again because he still doesn't know the portion of magic that damages that attacks them. 

The dark magician, Elliot grinned when the scars in his body glowed. His green aura came to be the color of blood after the spell he cast. Quickly it assaulted the Saint but Elliot never intended for a single person. He plans to kill all of them. He laughs crazily. What a glorious sight. He is thrilled!

The scar on his body slowly dissolved and the painful heat started. Elliot didn't notice that his body was functioning weirdly. He scowled and a small shout came out. He was burning… Elliot laughs crazily… it's happening to him! God chooses him! A blue fire came out on his body, a burning heat that deliberately killed him. He perishes.

Alicia's eyes change to gold. Her power is overflowing and she can't understand why she feels lighter. But the attack was meant for her and had circulated with everyone. He saw Nero protecting them but his strength wasn't sufficient. She saw Rj, Rio, and Carson collapse. She's worried but she knows that she can use her power to save them. 

The silhouette of a dark magician laughing crazily formed in the side. The green aura changes to crimson blood making it look eerier. His attacks with forbidden magic are powerful and efficient. Before his shadow vanishes his eyes expressed great satisfaction.

 

Rj's eyes change the same with his surroundings. The sky turned red and in the blink of an eye, He was in a room.  A plain room that is very familiar to him... 

He saw his sister Berry laying down on the bed and there were people around her. They were his colleagues. The sound of whimpering was so loud that it made Rj's heart beat faster. He was uneasy. What the heck is wrong with his sister?! He walks slowly to be near her to see his sister looking pale. It looks like there's no blood circulating in her veins. It was a terrible sight. Berry was not breathing. Rj felt the coldness that spread on his body...  

"N-No...." he said. 

The pain of seeing his sister on death bed was excruciating. He breathes heavily and tears form in his eyes. The scenes become blurry. He won't accept it! He will never let his lovely sister die. It was his fault! No, Please... Rj feels the pain of losing the person he loves the most.

--

"Alicia, don't do anything." Bwi said, speaking in her mind. 

Alicia stops using her divine power. After a few seconds, she saw the people laying on the ground without their consciousness. 

"Nero, Alicia listen..." Bwi seriously said after looking at Elise. It will be difficult but It was the only thing he can do to help and for them to fight the dark magician. 

--

Nero frowned after hearing Bwi's information. He said that the dark magician was already dead and he couldn't attack them anymore. The forbidden magic used to them was for the caster to sacrifice his own life to be able to trigger the painful trauma to the receiver. It was only meant for one person but he spread the magic to everyone and to fulfill that, he would need greater life sacrifices. It was all meant for that. Sacrificing one's life. Horrible magic to attain. 

Alicia froze after hearing Bwi. She never heard of ancient spells. She was terrified of how many people were used to have power. Her heart cries for innocent souls. 

Nero dwindled his eyes and became cold. The anguish he felt is new and slowly drives him into the darkness. He was so angry and sad. Both emotions he doesn't experience. It doubled after he was influenced by the forbidden magic. Nero cough of blood. 

Bwi said that he will help them once but only if Nero made sure that Elise is safe and sound. Bwi also said that he knows the weakness of ancient magic but he was forbidden by keepers to tell humans. He would be asleep for days and those days were crucial. He can't defend Elise by that time. Elise can save him... Bwi paused. He was silent. then Nero's ears heard the words he said. 

"The ancient magic is purposely made for saving people but not anymore after God prohibits it to be used by humans. It was a story of a God that got slain by ancient magic." Bwi paused... the silence followed made Nero and Alicia look with awe. 

"The weakness of forbidden magic is none." Bwi said after a moment. 

"The only thing we can do is to forfeit a life." Bwi continues. 

"Elise told me she's ready but I have a way for her to be safe." 

Silence... 

"Follow my command." Bwi mumbled

The wind hammered and the dark sky transformed to gray. A hole from the clouds unwrapped and the white ray of light illuminated the ground.

Bwi golden eyes sparks and the shape bubbles white power encloses them beating the crimson aura. 

Alicia's heart beat faster and she saw how Elise's face became paler and the blood in her face was rushing out. 

"No... Please..." Alicia shouted and went to Elise but Bwi prevented her. 

"Listen! I won't let Elise die. Focus your power and Clean the area!" Bwi told Alicia and Nero. 

Nero is coughing blood and his head is disoriented. He can't think clearly. The forbidden magic is so powerful that Nero with his divine power makes him relinquish the control on his mind. He was at the door of darkness. 

"Now! Alicia!" Bwi shouted. 

The golden power flickers on Alicia's body. The clouds have a wide hole of light. It was a bigger amount than Nero anticipated. He helps the future Saint and the spirit guardian. He's near his limit, on his trembling hand, he releases his power. 

The thunderstorm stopped and the ray of sun stretched entirely, making the crimson aura vanished. Bwi was on his limit and went to sleep in his realm. 

Nero stopped using his power. Alicia can't control her power but tries to stop it. She spits up blood. 

The surroundings came back to what it was. Nero saw the dark magician without a life, The small amount of green aura was surrounding the corpse and Nero felt the tension seeing the dark green aura. 

Elise is vague like a corpse. The green aura travels and goes inside of Elise. He tried to use his power to prevent it but Nero was exhausted. He needs a moment to get back on his feet. 

Alicia almost lost consciousness because of the unbearable grief. She's exhausted. But her power isn't gone. Unlikely, Her power became vital and it circulated painfully inside her body. She just released a big amount of power but Alicia still has so much that she can't overrule it. She wanted to help Elise but She can't even lift her arm. 

Alicia saw how the green aura went inside of Elise. She cried expecting her to die but she heard a voice... A familiar voice but she couldn't recognize it. 

"Let's save her." 

Rin appeared.

8