Chapter 24- Exit Part 1
131 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 24- Exit Part 1

The wind blows but unlike before it's now calm but the coldness is obvious. Alicia changes the towel in Elise's head then checks her temperature. She's not burning, unlike this morning. The breeze is cold because of the coming winter season next month. She's afraid that it would be too cold for a sick person but thanks to Rj, Elise is fine. 

Twilight comes. The sky changes its color to pink and orange. Rio prepared for their food. They camp at the highest peak of the mountain, covered by the tallest trees but still near the river. It's safe to have water near the area.

Nero and Rj checked the surroundings. They cast a barrier and an alarm for wild animals and invaders. Nero meticulously cast strong magic so that they were safe.

"We can have dinner after they come back." Rio said to Alicia. 

"Yeah, but where is sir Carson?" She asked. He's been out of sight since this morning. 

"I heard that he's on a mission." Rio casually answered. 

"Hmm." Alicia almost forgot her mission because she was preoccupied with Elise's condition. She's guilty of not helping but her priority is for Elise to get better.

***

"I already prepared everything for Your Highness." Carson said after joining Nero. 

They arrived at the last place and now Rj was the one who made a barrier. Nero checks it first then they decide to come back. 

"Let's go back." Nero said on his serious face. 

***

It's a cold evening. The breeze is freezing and thanks to Rio's hot meal, they manage to end the night. Nero did not sleep the same as Carson and Rj. They aren't tired despite being busy all day. 

Alicia watches Elise, her complexion is fine and she's not pale anymore. All she has to do is to wait for Elise to gain her consciousness. Her anxiety has never left her since this morning. She prayed for her fast recovery. 

The morning comes, and the breeze is still cold. The mountain has a refreshing surrounding but not today. The falling leaves added to the chillness of the atmosphere. 

Alicia yawns and then glimpses at Elise. She flinched when she saw her opening her eyes. She hurriedly checks her temperature and sighs in relief when Elise is fine. 

The first thing Elise noticed when she woke up was the frosty wind. Her body is fine and she's not sick anymore. She looks at Alicia who is in tears while staring at her. She was surprised. 

"Elise, Thank God you're fine!" she said then held her hand. 

"Please don't cry." Elise told her then smiled. 

--

They gathered at the camp after eating Rio's meal. Nero told them his plan about investigating the whole mountain since it was his real mission coming here. 

Elise paused for a moment. Bwi is still sleeping in his realm, same with Rin. She's not sure if it was the right time to go to that cave. 

The book Elise read stated that there's a group of people collecting slaves and camping here in Yaven Mountain. She originally wanted to tell this to Alicia after leaving the mountain because of how dangerous it was. But they already encountered the dark magician and according to them, He was dead. 

Normal mostly commoner people are being the victim of slavery. Elise bit her lips and tried to talk with Alicia about the camp of the slave trader. She is aware that they are near here but Elise also checks the surroundings. There were knights from the empire gathering near their camp. Elise knows that it's only a matter of time until Nero will discover the slave trader that the nobles are doing. 

Elise recollects the story, They are near to climax. After Alicia was bestowed as a formal Saint of the Empire. Duke Molten treason will be revealed and the traitors in the Kingdom will surely be arrested. Elise wonders what will happen to her once the story comes to an end. 

Time passed and some knights came to Nero and Carson. They report some mercenaries acting suspiciously and desperate to go inside the border. Elise knows that it will be time for them to depart. 

"Hi, What are you thinking?." Rj asked Elise after he sees her frowning. He is worried that Elise was still sick. 

"That we will be departing soon." Elise answered then look at Nero who's giving an order to the knights. 

Nero receives a report of mercenaries acting suspiciously. He knows that time that they already found the hole and all they have to do is to go there and get them. He felt someone's stare and shifted his gaze only to see Elise with Grimald. For a moment, Nero's intuition convinces him that Elise knows what they are looking for and she is just waiting for someone to confirm it. 

"We will be departing now. Hold the two suspicious mercenaries and torture them if they don't speak." Carson orders the knights. 

6