Chapter 24 Part 2
147 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They went to the south border of Yaven mountain. Unlike the rivers, the whole place is different. There's a lot of tall trees surrounding the cave. Elise halted then shallow hard. She is weak with caves and dungeons. She feels her hands tremble and the wind breeze adds to the cold occupying her entire body. Elise shivers, she knows what will happen and she's trying her best not to waiver. 

Alicia is standing near the cave and studying the whole area. She felt magic inside and an aura of people. She knows that Nero already felt it too. Her eyes change to yellow and continue to let her guard up. Upon checking the possible danger, Alicia remembers something...

Nero is frowning and thinking of the plan, he talks with Carson and Rj. There are only ten knights with them and Nero thinks that it would be overkill if all of them will go inside. He checks the commoner girl, and she starts to look pale again. Nero decided that only five people will go inside and the rest will stay outside to secure the area. He called for Alicia. 

"Carson, Rj, and two guards will come with me inside. I want you to guard the exit, Alicia." Nero retorted. He nodded After making sure that Alicia agreed to his order. 

"I also can't go inside Nero. I hope you understand." She said determine. Alicia's eyes are starting to be gold. Nero sharply gets her words and just nodded his head. He stares at Rio who's talking with Rj as he hears them talking about the plan. 

Finally, the group of Nero departs. They went inside the dark cave and slowly they vanished from their sight. Alicia automatically went for Elise and stood guarding her. Rio uses magic as a barrier for possible attackers. Elise then suggests a plan for Rio. 

"There will be two men that are using invisibility to escape. I want you, Sir Rio, to deal with them." Elise said and smirked after remembering the story in the book. 

"Do you think Nero and Carson and well, Rj wouldn't know?" Rio sarcastically said to Elise. He's trying to be funny and his remarks made Elise and Alicia raise their brows. 

"Of course they are like that so just follow my advice." Elise said not minding Rio's remarks. 

"Right. Their personality is just like that." Alicia agreed and nodded her head enthusiastically.

"What?" Rio frown and don't understand the two girls. 

"Sir Rio needs more humor eh?" Elise teases and giggles. 

Rio follows Elise's advice and puts magic at the exit of the cave because technically she is his boss. After all, the request is still ongoing. They have not left the Yaven Mountain yet and his mission is to protect their contractors. Rj also reminds him that Elise's safety is their priority. 

After half an hour, two men are running quickly trying to escape. Blue bubbles appeared before they even exited the cave. Rj grinned after confirming Rio's power that caught the two slave traders. 

Carson is impressed while Nero ignores it. They got a total of 7 slave traders and 20 slaves including children. Carson orders the knights to bring things that will help the slaves. 

Alicia's golden eyes shine brightly. She and Rio went to the slaves to heal them. Nero is talking to Rj and Carson while Elise is silent. 

The face of the slaves is pitiful. There's a lot of wounds in their skin and their eyes are out of light. The children are trembling in fear while some of the teenagers have no emotions on their faces. Elise felt the pain as she watched them terrorized and weak. She holds herself not to shed tears for these poor souls. Her emotions are full and her legs give up. Elise feels the exhausting life she's living. 

She realizes that her new life is never easy and she is always confronted by the saddest reality. She is already part of this world and she's been struggling to stay alive while figuring out why an outsider like her keeps encountering and suffers in this world. She thought that in her next life at least she won't be experiencing hardships but Elise is wrong, She feels that God is punishing her for the sin she wasn't aware of. 

"Hey, Commoner girl, are you in pain?" Nero casually asked Elise. 

Elise was taken aback by Nero's distance invading her personal space. She is thinking deeply that she didn't notice him until he's near. Elise met his eyes and looked at his handsome face. Her mood rises after seeing a beautiful person.

"I'm fine. I just realized how scary the world is. The victims are mostly children." Elise seriously answered and a frown escaped from her face. 

"There are always greedy people everywhere. You can't find a world without evil deeds. That's why I'm trying to eliminate them as much as possible, for people in the empire to live in peace." Nero said and stared into Elise's brown eyes. 

5