Chapter 25- Plans
130 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 25- Plans

There's an awkward silence inside the carriage. Elise didn't speak the same way with Alicia and Nero. They were tired and anxious because of the information that Elise told Carson. Nero already knows that there were traitors inside the palace but his suspicion did not reach Carson’s loyal knights. It overwhelms him and he feels the bitter taste of betrayal. He never questions Carson but he is sure that Elise is telling the truth. He is certain that Elise has the information and he didn't know where she got it. He wanted to test his subject later after they arrived at the palace. He needs to talk with his father, the emperor.

Elise's mind is thinking of the plan. One character in the book that she hasn't met yet. The genius magician and craftsman is hidden in the Peru guild. Flix Ddyn Aguztine. The second lead of the book and Rio’s older stepbrother. Flix is a son of the Marquess Richard Vex Aguztine to a baroness that he had an affair with. He experienced a painful childhood by being a bastard son of the Marquess. Rio’s father likes Flix because he is a genius and his awakening is much earlier than pure-blooded noble and to his oldest son Adam and youngest Rio. He also excelled in academics that made the scholars in the empire ashamed of his intelligence. Flix characters are serious, clever, and sharp-minded. He survived multiple assassinations from the Marchioness Rio’s mother. He plans an escape after he reaches the age of twelve with the help of Rj Grimald.

Marquess Richard is looking for Flix as his next successor. He ignored the brutal torture for six years old Flix because he believes that in order to become a tyrant ruler, one needs to experience pain. He admires Flix's sharp eyes and admires him in the distance not caring the envious gaze from his oldest son Adam Vex Aguztine. Adam is bullying Flix, who is only one year younger than him. He hated the fact that his father favored the lowly mistress son. He sometimes inflicts direct pain on Flix and he is silently enjoying his pain while his father is not interfering nor saving Flix despite obvious rooting for him.

Flix is saved because of his intelligence. He stages his death and uses his magic to hide in the Marquess. He mastered in disguise and somehow met Rj along in surviving the black market. He was infected with a curse that blocked his mana making Flix have a hard time surviving. He was about to become a noble’s slave but managed to escape with the help of the Rj Grimald group that inflicted in the black market looking for his sister's cure. Out of pity, the seen potential, and the desperation to live, Rj took Flix and hid him behind his name. Flix for the first time in his life was saved by the leader Rj and they became friends. At an early age, Flix and Rio build a guild, and he is a shadow member collecting information for the guild. Flix also suffers from an illness as the curse effect and slowly eats his mana. Little by little Flix weakened but he is still trying his best to find a cure and get rid of the curse. 

The book plot lets Flix inherit the Marquess and be cured by Alicia’s power. He also fell in love with Alicia as his savior but let her be with the crown prince and continue to help them for the empire. Flix's character has an important role in finding the traitors and his talent helps the prince to create tools that advance the empire's intelligence. He creates tools that can be used as an empire treasure in expanding the economic growth and advances in weapons, communication, and magic that later will be introduced. Flix played a bigger part in the prosperous economy of the Viten Empire. Also, with the help of the prince's wise decisions, the other Kingdom started to ask for the tools that were only made by the Flix company with the partnership of the imperial family.

Elise planned to recruit Flix to use him as the leader of her future business and stand as her shadow. She felt bad by taking advantage of the real plot and stealing Flix's achievements but Elise has no time to feel bad because the plot is changing little by little and she’s wondering if it's only a butterfly effect because of her existence. Elise let out a sigh and looked at the window and saw the endless forest. They will reach the capital tomorrow and Elise plans to go straight to meet Berry. She needs to heal Berry as soon as possible. Berry is also a talented mage that later can help Elise’s plan. She wants Berry to study in the academy to gain knowledge. Elise is planning to make Berry her aid in the future. But it was only possible if Elise could earn her trust and loyalty. 

Another thing that’s on her mind is Alicia’s coming of age. Alicia's fifteenth birthday is near and Elise knows that the empire will change after the announcement of the new Saint. Alicia’s divine power will also fully awaken. The plot stated that the divine power that God bestows to the saint is powerful and once it's completed, the saint can be a threatening being to the other nation. Only the imperial family knows this fact, that's the reason why they need the saint’s power in their bloodline. Also, the reason why Nero and Alicia married in the book. The crucial truth about the saint and the imperial secret to producing an heir that can fight a saint if she decided to become a traitor. The disgusting truth is hidden by the emperor but Elise never heard of the Saint's impure feelings. The book tells how much the empress loves her son. 

Elise checks the people in the carriage. Nero is sitting across from her while Alicia is beside Elise sleeping in her seat peacefully. She gazes at Nero and blinks by the expected sharp glare. Elise didn't back down and bravely meet his gaze. They remain quiet but Nero speaks in his cold voice.

“I know that there's a traitor in the palace but I never thought it would be Carson's trusted guards.” Nero’s voice is bitter but he still speaks without any emotion shown on his face.

“I just warn Sir Carson because his life's in danger. They plan to assassinate him after you arrive at the palace. The traitors know by now that you found the slavery and it will be a matter of time before they create a mess to divert the issues and Sir Carson is the best option.” Elise said without showing her emotions. She sincerely wanted to protect her favorite character. 

“How did you know?” Nero asked after a long silence.

“Are you asking me as a crown prince or as a comrade of sir Carson? Cause either way, I can’t tell you... Not unless we truly trust each other. Find out if what I said is true or not. Let’s talk after you confirm it and expect a condition in exchange of information, Your Highness.” Elise said in a serious tone. 

She expected Nero to shout at her insolence but she felt relieved when he just sighed and remained quiet. Elise wanted to warn Nero but somehow talk to him more because she reads his story and knows him next to his family. Elise admired Nero’s intelligence and his decisions in protecting the empire. Even at such a young age, Nero has achievements, and Elise as a person who knows and understands him is willing to help him for peace though Elise's main reason is to live in this world without any hassle especially with soon to be rulers of the empire. 

Elise is tired and she wants to sleep but she is still anxious because of the unexpected events. She plans to sleep after they reach the capital but Nero notices her tired eyes and speaks to her.

“You can sleep. I will be guarding our journey and the imperial knights are with us. You need to save your energy.” Nero said in a soft voice not minding his tune since he is also tired from their mission.

Elise halted and gazed at Nero who purposely closed his eyes but stayed alert. It’s the first time she received such a kind comment from Nero since she knows that the boy dislikes her. They even have heated arguments and she initially starts to check his thoughts. Elise didn't speak but after a moment of silence. Her eyes voluntarily closed and sent her to the dream world. Elise fell into slumber. Nero opens his eyes after hearing Elise breathing in her sleep.

 

He watches Elise's thin figure and her pale face who experience lots in this expedition. He still feels discomfort about Elise's knowledge but while watching her unguarded like this, she looks like a child that needs protection. He somehow understands Alicia’s mother's instinct while watching this girl doing something big and admires her for surviving the torture she experienced. 

Nero shifts his gaze outside and watches the guards with the plan on his mind. It helps him to easily find out the traitors with information Elise told to Carson. He plans a scheme to get rid of the traitors before the announcement of the saint. He viciously smirks, not minding the evil face.

Nero finally has the reason to get rid of those arrogant noblemen that keep bugging him like a pest. It doesn't matter to him who they are. The noble's greed is like poison giving them a temporary illusion that they can infect the imperial family while acting loyally to the empire. He became busy doing his mission and those rats are getting arrogant after the tiny freedom they thought they have. Nero thinks of a vicious plan and decides not to go to the palace. He remembers Grimald and an evil smile let out on his lips. Nero silently schemes on how he can torture the nobles who betrayed the royal family.

Nero calls for Carson.

End of chapter 25. 

4