Chapter 26- Back (end of volume 1)
121 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 26- Back

The carriage arrives at the Peru guild Headquarters disguised as a Liquor shop. Elise wakes up from napping, and she immediately checks the surroundings. Alicia is also awake and preparing to go out of the carriage. Their journey is comfortable, and she hints that they used a unique vehicle that has magic for it not to be shaky. In this world, the carriage did not yet develop. The standard used by nobles is wobbly that can cause injury if the coach was not careful. 

Nero is busy talking with Sir Carson. His side view is manifesting his sharp nose that makes him look extra attractive. Nero or His highness's current appearance is different when they were at the Yaven mountain. His hair is jet black same as his eyes. It appears mysterious but dangerous.

Sir Carson even managed to bid farewell to them politely. His expression is severe and scary. Elise is the only person who knows why Sir Carson is wearing a dark facial expression. 

Rio invited them inside the liquor shop. There was someone inside standing at the entrance door who bowed and greeted the members of the guild. Rj got startled because the boy, who's wearing a black uniform, politely welcomed them.

The boy has pink hair and wears an eye patch on his left eye. Elise greeted him back before coming inside the shop, followed by Nero and Alicia. The shop's wooden wall changes by the cemented wall painted by light blue after they go inside. Elise's eyes are sparkling because of the reflection of magic light.

The broad reception hall appeared, and Rj is solemn while the proper form of the Peru guild is showing. The plot in the story never revealed the secret structure of Peru guild headquarters. The crown prince and Alicia have a private place to hold their meeting to exchange information and plan their forces while engaging with the villains. These changes she experienced were because she interfered in the timeline. Elise can't judge if it brings an advantage to them.

"There is a rule for outsiders entering the secret headquarters…. status is no longer ruling inside the Peru guild. There is a magic that protects the members and the guild master. It will be hard for those who didn't abide by the rule." Rj said and thoughtfully stared at Nero.

"I don't care about the formality, Grimald" Nero showed smirks and crossed his legs.

"Then excuse me, my Lord." Rio took off the barrier he cast before they entered inside.

"Serves the tea," Rio told the pink boy worker. He bowed after taking the order.

The pink hair boy worker serves the tea at the center table. He moves gracefully while pouring hot water in white teacups. Nero stares at the boy because of its perfect etiquette in serving the guest. He then bowed politely without making eye contact and left. Elise smells the familiar scent of the cinnamon tea she always drinks in her world. She got the cup and quickly tasted it. Elise can't help but smile, remembering when she often works overtime and drinking tea was her only consolation. 

The taste is sweet, different from what she liked. Elise personally prepared bitter tea. It gives a calm feeling that helps her think fast and finish her job efficiently. But the nostalgia didn't last long. She properly puts down the cup and stares at Rj. 

"Elise…" Rj mumbled. He looks torn, but Elise knows what Rj exactly meant.

"I already made my part of the bargain, and I want you to do yours." Rj gazes at Elise anxiously. 

"It's okay, sir Rj. I'm ready at any time to meet your sister." Elise said and smiled reassuringly at him.

"What do you mean, Elise? Alicia is quietly watching them, but she flinches when Rj speaks about the deal he made with Elise.

"It is…." Elise looks at Rj, afraid about the privacy of their deal. 

Elise knows that Rj is very sensitive to the illness of his sister. She remembered his temper, and Elise does not like to trigger it now and cause a misunderstanding between them. There's a long pause of silence, but Rj speaks.

"I have a sister…." Rj started telling his story. Elise bites her lips after hearing Rj open up about Berry.

"Berry is my younger sister, who happens to be suffering from a curse. Well, I just recently discovered that she doesn't have it. Instead, she has an illness called raven mark." Rj breathes heavily and looks at Nero and Alicia, who have neutral expressions.

"It started when she was awakened as a gift. Her power is more substantial than her age, and sometimes I help her by creating an amulet that suppresses her magic, but it is not enough.  Our family has a dark history, and I quickly conclude that one of our relatives made Berry suffer. Severe bruises started to appear. It started only on her arm, but every day is getting worse. I…. did everything to look for a cure, but curses can't be cured by magic! I was desperate because my sister is dying…" Rj stopped from speaking. His face is desperate as he looks at Elise. His dark expression earlier is gone.

"I met Elise, and she offered me help. I still don't know if her theory will heal my younger sister, but she's my only hope."  His voice is determined while explaining. 

There is silence. Alicia's face is down. She looked about to cry as she listened to Rj's story. On the other hand, Nero had no emotion on his face and just objectively stared at Rj. He changes his gaze and glares at Elise.

"How does she find out the illness? Nero's fierce look made Elise feel the chills. She has no intention of telling them the real reason that she read it from the book. 

"That's because I read about it." Elise met Nero's gaze. Elise indeed read it from the book before she transmigrated into this world. She remembered the chapter because it made Elise pity Rj for being desperate to find the cure.

"Based on Grimald's story, the illness of his sister is a secret, until now. You knew beforehand that he was looking for a cure and took advantage of his desperation. You successfully made a deal with him after identifying the right illness based on the symptoms without a base."  Nero's words are sharp, and Rj was speechless because it was the truth.

"I... I know that you don't trust me, Your Highness. But I'm not going to sacrifice someone else's life for my selfishness… Even using sir Rj's distress is out of the question." Elise gripped her hands and equaled the intense gaze of Nero. Her heart is beating fast, and she can't control her temper.

"Elise..." Alicia holds her hand, trying her best to give warmness that will help Elise to relax.

"Elise is not that kind of person." Alicia finally speaks while holding Elise's hands.

"But it's true that I take advantage of sir Rj's weakness…" Elise bit her lips while looking at the ground.

"I’ve decided to agree with your proposal. Don't beat yourself over it, Elise." Rj looks at her with care. He smiles, assuring Elise that everything was okay.

"Tell me about the medicine Elise," Rj asked afterward.

"I made a contract with the spirit guardian to get in the spirit garden. I'm sorry, but more information regarding that is still unknown. I remember  passing through a passageway dungeon and a big exit  gate ." Elise said while frowning, trying to remember it.

"Spirit.." Alicia whispers.

"Yes. Bwi is still sleeping right now. Even if I called for him to explain everything, he wouldn't answer me." Elise said.

The spirit garden is not a secret in the empire because Alicia will later introduce the medicine and call it Soleil fleur, a flower that grew in the sun.  The main element is the peony flower, and it can cure a terminal illness. It gained so much popularity that many nobles wanted to have it. Elise remembers that the second male lead studied the formula of the Soleil fleur medicine and successfully produced it with Alicia's help. They create a greenhouse that can grow peony flowers using pure mana stones. The procedure is lenient because they need a particular plant to add and a suitable temperature for that plant to grow. It also requires a lot of sunlight to grow. The efficiency of the medicine is only 70% of effectiveness. 

The origin of the peony flower is not discovered yet but now that Elise purposely tells them because of Berry. Elise plans to look for the second male lead to offer him a deal. To do that, she needs to remain in the Peru guild.

"The… medicine is from peony flowers. It can heal any illness." Elise explained after her long thoughts. She went to her keep pocket and got the bottle of medicine and showed it to them. Bwi made it when they were in the cave. The liquid inside is transparent, but there's sparkling yellow dust mixed in it.

"Heal all the illness? And you are the only person that can access that place. Isn't it dangerous, Elise?" Alicia's expression is worried. She holds Elise's hands, sending her warmth.

"Yes." Elise looks at Alicia's bewildered expression.

"If it is exposed, the greedy nobles will never leave you alone," Nero smirks after looking at the commoner girl, yet again, causing another big ruckus to the empire.

"That's why I asked sir Rj to protect me because I can't do it myself," Elise mumbled and looked at Nero indifferently.

"I have so many questions, but I can postpone it for now because Grimald has an important matter with you," Nero said, sounding like a snubbed, and shifted his cold glance to Rj.

Alicia sighs because of Nero's remark. Elise didn't mind it and just turned her gaze to Rj.

"Let's meet Grimald's sister," Nero said and stood up. He gets ready to leave while  Rj is anxious, and he breathes heavily. He nods to Rio that is waiting for his order. 

Rio cast a spell, and they teleported at the Grimald's manor reception hall. Rio is silent while leading Elise and the others to Berry's room. He stopped in the room with a white door. There's barrier magic installed in it that keeps the intruder away and protects the inside of the room from potential danger. Rj uses his magic for them to enter. 

The chamber is cozy and vast for a single person. The interior is European style wrapped in the walls is a textured pale pink that gives a noble's lady impression. The room design is modern and accented by silver and gold leaf drawers. The queen size bed is bespoke wrapped in white silk and pink linens paired with two white pillows.  The curtains on the window are also colored white and pink, creating a vibrant and dynamic space.

Rj goes near the edge of the bed. A servant who was cleaning the room bowed at Rj and hurriedly went to the door to go out. 

Elise sees a petite girl lying on the bed with her long pink hair shattering at the bed's headboard. Her expression is not good because she looks like having a hard time. There's a dark mark on the right side of her neck, down to her arm. It is still apparent even though she is already wearing a white elegant long sleeve in her sleep.

Elise describes Berry's face with the similarity of Rj. They both have skin pale like snow, a high nose, and long eyelashes. Both are super attractive, which is a standard in this world, but Berry's face looks kinder than her brother's. She is skinny too and small which does not match her age as an effect of her illness.

Elise stares at Berry and understands why Rj is so desperate for this fragile child. Rio's expression is serious. Rj’s face is in grief while looking down at her sister. 

Alicia gasps as she looks at the vulnerable girl lying sick in the bed. She expresses her feelings downheartedly, and her eyes are starting to moist. She hasn't met Berry before, but seeing her sleeping form that looks like a corpse today is draining her emotion.

Nero remains his unemotional face, not showing any hint of weakness or remorse. He has seen countless people in the bridge of death, and some had a terrible death but as a crown prince. He learned to be rational and never show his true feelings.

Elise walks at the edge of the bed to be near Bery. She asked for Rj's assistance while getting the medicine bottle in her keep pocket. Rj holds Berry in his arms while Elise is waiting for them to the position where she can give medicine to Berry.  

 

"She needs to drink all of the portions," Elise said and gave the medicine to Rj. He slowly let it into Berry's mouth. 

Elise is nervous, but she clearly remembers the correct uses of the medicine. A bright golden light appeared on Berry's body that had a mark. Little by little, the raven mark is disappearing.

"W-What…" Rio closes his mouth after witnessing the dark mark disappearing on Berry's body. It's been so long since he believes in miracles, and he watches Rj tremble while holding her dear sister.

There's a long silence after. Berry regains her consciousness and looks at her brother. 

"Brother?" Her blue eyes are wide open as she looks at Rj.

"B-Berry… You finally…" Rj hugged her sister tightly and buried Berry's face on his chest while she's still confused. 

Berry looks at Elise's side, which is sparkling golden lights around her. The others didn't notice it beside Berry, but for a moment, she felt the warmness of the sun and a kind atmosphere while staring at Elise.  She smiles at her while Berry's heart beats faster as she continues to look at the bright image. Rj titled his head and glanced at Elise. His eyes are wet with tears and mouthed.

"Thank you."

END OF (chap 26) SEASON 1.

--

A/N: Hi guys! Volume 1 is now officially finished!!!!  Volume 2 will be coming shortly, and I will introduce the 2nd male lead in the book "The Lazy Lucky Princess."  There's also the upcoming age ceremony birthday of Alicia Forbe. I will have a lot of revelations, from the secret of Elise's transmigration to the book. Samantha Forbe appears with a bit of backstory and the emperor's deepest dark secrets.


I really want to give my sincere gratitude to all of you! Please bear with me a little. Thank you for the support, and I hope you will still wait and be curious about Elise's journey!


 Please look forward to volume 2!


-Min

6