The Basket
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(On the Phone)

F: Why would he even walk home with us, he said he isn't from here?
C: I don't know... Why don't you try and ask him? He gave me his number.
F: What no, no I never text anyone other than you and aunt Jude.
C: Well, isn't he your friend now? Don't tell me you don't like him.
F: Of course I like him... As a friend aright? But Charlie you know I'm new to this
C: It wouldn't hurt to try though, I'll give you his number and you can think about asking him about it ok?
F: Ok ok fine.
C: Great haha, anyway have you finished doing our assignment?
F: Assignment?
C: What? Miss Dianna gave us one, weren't you paying attention?
F: I don't know?
C: Someone's spacing out, is it because Ryan's distracting you? heh cool
F: What?! No he wasn't how did you even come up with that?
C: It's obvious you were look at him, duh we're seatmates.
F: I was only looking at him because he was new. 
C: Your attention was at him the whole day, you're such a bad liar it's so adorable lol
F: Eh? you know what I'll go and eat and and stop making it look like I like Ryan he's just a new friend
C: Fine whatever you say, I'll explain the assignment after you eat, don't forget to text me alright?
F: Yeah sure. See you tomorrow

 

I went down to eat dinner. I saw aunt Jude still cooking our food so I sat down on the couch at living room and turned on the T.V. I was trying to focus on the show, but what what Ryan did was still bothering me.

"Should I ask him why he walked home with us? or should I ask him tomorrow at school... No! that's even worse! Ok enough let's stop thinking of this"
"Felix sweetie, dinner's ready"

*doorbell rings*

"Oh, I'll go and get it aunt Jude (but who could it be at this time of the hour?)

I walk towards the door and had flashes of scenery in my mind. "Oh no, what if it's a serial killer like what I watch on the T.V. the other night? what if it's some creepy man who would ask for a glass of water then attack us when we're not looking. Is it a good idea to open this door?" I'm so terrified that I began to overthink stuffs. "Let's just look at the peephole to make everything safe". I slowly brought my head closer to the peephole and tried to observe on what's on the outside. "There seems to be no one outside" I slowly opened the door and look left to right. No one was outside but who rang the doorbell? "Now this is a bit creepy". I looked down and saw a basket. "What if this is a bomb? Oh no I'm not ready to die yet, what if this really came from a serial killer". I reached my hand to the basket and slowly opened the red fabric covering it. "Please don't be a bomb, please don't be a bomb, please don't be a bomb". I opened it quickly and quickly hid behind the door. Nothing happened, I looked at the basket again and it was filled with chocolates, My favorite chocolate! "Are you kidding me?! can this day get any more weirder?

 

I went inside with the basket and placed it at the couch. "What do I tell aunt Jude, what if it's poisonous?"

AJ: Felix what's taking you so long I'm almost done with my foo-

We were both silent of a moment, I don't know what to tell her.

AJ: Where did you get that? Is it even ours?
F: I saw it on our porch I think it's for us.
AJ: Well, you gotta eat dinner first before the desserts alright?
F: Are you kidding? What if it's poisonous?
AJ: *took a bar and opened it* Well let's see then.
F: Aunt Jude wait!
AJ: *Takes a bite* it tastes like a normal Toblerone to me
F: Aunt Jude you don't know where that came from.
AJ: The packaging seems ok, it hasn't been open dumdum.
F: Well let me have a taste then.
AJ: No, you go and eat dinner first.
F: Fine and save some for me
AJ: Oh? I thought they were "Poisonous" hmm? *Smirks*
F: Just save some of course if you die I'm coming with.
AJ: Idiot I won't die it's just chocolate, now go and eat dinner before I finish this up.
F: OK, ok calm down aunt Jude.

 

I went to the dining room, I sat down and ate the dinner that was prepared by aunt Jude. "This day's really strange, everyone was acting weird. It's been only the first of school and everything's being weird. I hope tomorrow would be ok. A normal day, I hope. It reminds me though, Aunt Jude and Charlie are the only ones who know about me loving Toblerone, Aunt Jude only bought one, Charlie can't get out at this time of the hour, is it the neighbors? no, Aunt Jude barely speaks to them, Ant Jude only goes out to go to work. Who could this person be?".

After eating dinner I went to the living room only seeing aunt Jude sleeping at the couch with a bar on her hand. "Good thing she saved some for me". I took a bar and went upstairs to go in my room and ask Charlie about he chocolates. 

(On the Phone)

F: Hey Charlie?
C: Hey Fel! took you long, you ready for the assignment?
F: Yes, but I gotta ask you something.
C: Oh sure what is it?
F: Did you leave the basket on our front door?
C: You kidding? you know I can't go out at this time of the day silly, why what's in it?
F: Toblerone.
C: Your favorite chocolate?
F: Yes, and you and aunt Jude only knows about me loving Toblerone that's why I'm a bit disturbed, any idea who?
C: hmm... An admirer perhaps?
F: Admirer? I barely talk in school, who in the world would like me?
C: Me? your only friend?
F: So You really did left it!
C: Huh? no I meant me liking you as my friend, if I'd give you a chocolate it would be more than a basket and I would personally give it to you.
F: Hmm, true. Let's not think of this anymore, for now teach me how to do the homework.
C: Sure then.

 

I tried to forget about the chocolate and started working on the assignment that was given to us. After several hours I finally finished the homework, I told Charlie goodnight and went straight to bed to prepare for tomorrow. I laid down my bed and started overthinking again. "I wonder who could it be, an Admirer? I no one even probably knows who I am in school except Charlie. Let's just go to sleep". 

0