Chapter 10: The new aide
201 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the next few days I read books, looked through the things from the treasury and researched and experimented in the research room/laboratory. I read magic books, books about the “animals” on this continent, things about different kingdoms and much more. I tried things out in the research room. I found out that there existed other kingdoms of demi-humans. No kingdoms of beastmen but there was a “kingdom” of Elves, fysis, and a “Kingdom” of Dwarves, naven. The elven live in the Dento forest and the Dwarves live on and in the great Ortik mountain. Both normally don’t interact with other races and as long as it doesn’t danger their race they mostly don’t care about what happens in the outside world. There are some Elves and Dwarves that go into the outside world. Dwarves are good at crafting thins and mining but their fighting power isn’t to be underestimated… They normally wield weapons like big hammers or axes. Most Elves are fast and use bows, daggers and light swords. There are always exceptions. About some other “demi-humans” isn’t much known for example the seafolk and the harpies… no one knows if they have a kingdom or something… Seafolk normally use thrusting weapons and about harpies is even less known… there are some harpies that live in countries but they never speak about others of their race… some harpies use thrusting weapons like the seafolk, some use bows and some don’t use weapons at all… But there never was a harpy with a heavy weapon… probably because it isn’t good when you fly…
I also found a book about artificial bodies or homunculus. In the book stays it’s theoretical possible to create a homunculus... there are 2 problems first is its hard to gather the materials and 2nd is that even if you have the resources to make one they don’t “function”… no one really knows why… even if the structure of the body is almost the same as a human or elf or something they just aren’t alive… most of the people say its because “they lack a soul”. And there aren’t many races that can control, summon or create (etc.) souls. And the races that can don’t like to interact with other races, don’t want to “hurt souls” or are monsters like ghosts. Does that mean I can make homunculus? Probably… maybe there is a book about ghosts or undeads somewhere here…

Oh here it is! Fantastic Undeads and where to find th- I mean “Undead Dictionary”. Ghosts… Ghosts… here they are! Now something with souls… Here! The book says that C rank ghosts or higher can control the souls of the dead, A rank or higher can summon them… And only a few really strong can create souls and or spirits. The ranks are something the guild arranged… They go from F to A and there is also S… S stands for “Special Rank” and “Special Rank” is not really defined like the others it just says “Strong” or way above the A ranks. The same rank system applies to the humans working by the guild… and it seems there are way less S rank people working for the guild then there are S rank monsters… Anyways we were by homunculus and Souls right now. It doesn’t seems like I have any Soul control skills… Does that mean I am below C rank?! {Authors note: Sad Kreon…} I thought I was at least B rank or something ;C… no no no that can’t be I defeated 3 A rank monsters on the way to the mansion! Even if it was with cheating! Maybe its something like “only some ghosts get this skill” like with the ghosts memory collection! Mhm lets see if I find a soul control skill or something in the skill list! Here is something!... I think… Its [Spirituel Creation]

[Spirituel Creation]
This skill can only be possessed by spiritual beings or beings that trained their Mental Power over 1000. This skill allows the user to create spiritual things. What things depend on the level of this skill. Costs depend on what is created.
Low: Small “spiritual objects” like spiritual weapons. Costs: Depend on size of the object.
Middle: possible to create Weak souls and big “spiritual objects”. Costs: Depend on Size of object or strength of soul.
Advanced: Possible to create weak spiritual beings, strong souls and gigantic spiritual object. Costs: Depend on Size of object, strength of soul or spiritual being
High: Possible to create strong spiritual beings, super strong souls and gigantic spiritual objects. Costs: Depend on size of the object, strength of soul or spiritual being.
Superhigh: Possible to create super strong spiritual beings, super strong souls and gigantic spiritual objects. Costs: Depend on size of the object, strength of soul or spiritual being.
To acquire: 90 Skill Acquiring Points.

That seems to be what I need! But what are spiritual object and what is the difference between a soul and a spiritual being? The difference between souls and spiritual beings seems to be that 1st souls are generally weaker then spiritual beings and 2nd souls can only survive with a container like a body by living things. And Spiritual Objects seems to be just an object for spiritual beings. It can be used like a soul just that it can only be used by spiritual beings or a normal being with a really strong soul. It seems spiritual objects can also be linked with objects like a soul with a body. But it seems to be really hard to do… It seems that it becomes harder when the shape is and size is different from the object its linked with. So to say the similar an object with a spiritual object is the easier it is to link the two. Anyways I think I am going to take this skill and level it up to superhigh! It’s seems to be pretty useful and I also have enough points for it.

After I got the skill and levelled it up I started to try and make homunculi. The first thing is to get the materials… it would be best if I have a bit more. While I was flying through the Dasos forest I started thinking: Maybe I should also make me artificial bodies. Different bodies for different uses like a body for fighting a body for researching and so on… if I make a body for fighting it should probably be small… because I concentrate on swiftness… I should probably make two bodies for researching with different hand sizes… or maybe if I can try to make a body where I can change the hands to different sizes…

I flew through the forest and searched for the materials and thought of different bodies I could make myself… I found all the materials I need. And if you think “you can find all the materials to make a homunculus in the forest?” than you are wrong. Some essential things were in the mansion. I now should have enough to make up to 5 homunculi.

The first body was a success! It’s a ca 170 cm high body with almost white skin and short blue hair. I used telekinesis and forming to make it. I could have made it without them but its easier this way. The first homunculus I made is for a helping hand. So now I am trying to make an artificial spirit. Why I am not making a soul? Artificial spirits are stronger and can also survive without a body. While making an artificial spirit you have to focus on what the spirit should look like how strong they are etc. … Lets see… a male because even thou the homunculus I made is genderless like the most it looks more like a male than a female. I want a strong partner. A personality is hard to make so I am just giving it a push in the right direction the rest is pretty much random. I gave the artificial spirit part of my knowledge. The look should somehow resemble the homunculus. And… Finished! My very first aide! I name him Proma. I know my naming sense is the best. I linked proma with the body. It seems he isn’t waking up. Maybe it takes some time…
{Authors note: I am going to give every character that has somewhat of a main role or speaks more than 4 times an abbreviation of their names. For example Kreon gets K. and if people are speaking I will put the stuff they speak in these things: <<stuff they say>>}

After some time he opened his eyes.
<<Hello proma>>(k)
<<Proma? Is that me?>>(p)
<<Yes. You are the first artificial spirit I created to help me research and protect me>>(k)
Proma stood up and bowed to me.
<<Yes! I will do as you say my creator!>> (p)
I got startled for a second there.
<<Please just call me Kreon or something.>> (k)
I am not good with this honorific stuff because of my last lives job. Some of my seniors were… unique…
<<Okay lord Kreon>>(p)
Oh god I think I know what personality he got.
<<Like I said please just kreon>>(k)
<<I can’t…!>>(p)
<<Yes you can>>(k)
we continued arguing about how he should address but I gave up at some point.

To be continued in chapter 11…

Thanks for reading this chapter!

6