Chapter 22: Trap Dungeon
141 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From what I know there are currently 3 known Dungeons inside Dasos Forest. Maybe what was behind the door I found at the bottom of the abyss is also a dungeon but I am not sure about that because I didn’t find any chest or similar things. But I could also just not have seen them on my rampage.

Well just thinking about it won’t help me so why not just check it out! And with that thought in mind I went into the dungeon.

I walked down the stairs and with every step I take it got darker till I would probably not be able to see anything if it wasn’t for my naturel ability to see in the dark because of me being a ghost and having the skill night vision. (Which I – the author – forgot to write in the Status at some point)

After going down for quite some time I saw a feint light which grew bigger the further I walked in. Short after I came to the end of the Staircase the colour of the stone changed from white to grey at some point. The light came from torches on the wall.

Now I am pretty sure that this is a dungeon. But one of the Fantasy-Standard ones. Because I was interested and thought if I am already in a fantasy world I have to at least conquer a dungeon ones I walked in deeper.

After walking for a bit and going around some corners and always going right if I had to make a choice, I encountered my first monster in this dungeon. It was a goblin… I somehow already wondered when I will encounter it… It was like it is always described. Green skin, ugly, and a brown rag. I can’t say anything about the smell, because of obvious reasons. Because of exact same obvious reason, it didn’t notice me.

 After looking at it for a bit I decided that I looked at this standard fantasy monster for long enough I looked at it status just to be surprised that it is actually quite high-level. Well it was to be expected from a monster inside a dungeon in one of the danger-zones of this world.

Name: none
Species: Green Goblin
Level: 224
Status: -
Title: Labyrinth Monster, Goblin

I just used Ghost Mental Theft to kill it. I didn’t get any new skills, didn’t level up and only got a few skill points. That was disappointing… but what did I expect. My level is about double of that from the now dead goblin. While I was thinking about it the corpse disappeared and… it left a small pouch with a few bronze and silver coins and… a small crystal. That was the point I started to worry. It was normal for monsters in dungeons to disappear and leave loot, but normally only the “floor boss” drops a magic stone…. There are only a few dungeons where almost every dropped a magic crystal… but these dungeons tend to be extremely dangerous. Well you could think now “but the Goblin wasn’t really strong” yes but that is also a characteristic of the so called “Tryp Dungeons”. Why trap dungeons? Because they lure people in with weak enemies at the beginning and good loot and then when they come in, they will encounter enemies that are up to 5 times stronger than the baits…

I was now hesitant to go any deeper… There isn’t one “trap dungeon” that was finished yet. They are often so dangerous that they will be sealed as long as the monsters at the beginning aren’t lower than level 90. And this dungeon is in the Dasos Forest and the first monster I encounter was over level 200. With other words the chances aren’t low that the normal monsters are level 1000 here….

After thinking for a bit I came to the conclusion: “What the worst that could happen? That I die?” So I went further in. After walking for quite a bit I encountered a few more “baits”. They were all around the level of the goblin from before but there were different species. There were Green Goblins how you already know but some of them had Weapons. Like spears or axes. When they died an disappeared they left their weapons. Aside from the Green Goblins there were also red goblins. The only thing I noticed different about them was the colour. But it’s not like I really fought them. I always killed them with Ghosts mental theft. Aside from Goblins I also found slimes and wolfs. The slimes came in different colours and again except for the colour I can’t seem to find a difference. Probably because again, I didn’t really fight them. The wolfs looked like normal wolf just a bit bigger and about the strength again I can’t say anything about that.

After I walked for another few encounters I saw a group of two monsters. I stopped. One of the two was a blue goblin. A colour I didn’t see by any other goblin. But that wasn’t the reason I stopped. Beside the goblin was a… ghost. I got flashbacks and checked their status.

Name: None
Species: Blue Goblin
Level: 780
Status: -
Title: Labyrinth Monster, Goblin, Spear Wielder

Name: None
Species: Ghost
Level: 615
Status: Visible
Title: Labyrinth Monster, Ghost, Bound Ghost, Undead

 

I stopped again and weight my options. I could run away and that would be it. But I don’t want that. If I fight I can just ignore the goblin and concentrate on the ghost. The problem would be that the ghost has a way higher level then myself. But I already won once against a ghost of higher level. And because of my super good reasoning I will now fight them or rather I will fight the ghost and ignore the goblin.

I started to attack the Ghost with ghosts mental theft and attack. The ghost noticed my presence fast and started to also attack me. My HP went down fast but he didn’t have Ghosts Mental Theft so in other words while I made him damage I recharged my MP and HP while extending my MAX HP and MP and lowering his. 

It wasn’t as exciting as I thought it would be. After attacking for a bit he started to concentrate more on defence as a sign that his HP or MP maybe even both are running low. Short after he vanished. In other words his spiritual body is destroyed. That reminded me on the fact that I am not immortal just because I am already dead. Which is sad.

Well a good thing is that I am pretty hard to kill. Even for higher level Ghosts. Talking about Level let’s see what my level is doing after killing those two high levels.

 

 

Menu

Name: Kreon
Species: Ghost (Human ghost)
Level: 605
Status: Invisible
Occupations: None
Titles: Ghost, Undead, Otherworldler, Free Ghost, undead killer, sorcerer, Monster slaughterer, swordman, weapon creator, spirit weapon creator, homunculi creator, master of parma, Wyvern Slayer, Wyvern Slaughterer, Wolf Slaughter, Space User, Creator of a Dimensional Domain, Illusionist, Dungeon Diver, Explorer of the Omichi Dungeon,

Health points (HP): 17360/17360
Stamina points (SP): 17540/17540
Mana points (MP): 28200/28200
HP Regeneration: 868 per minute
SP Regeneration: 877 per minute
MP Regeneration: 1410 per minute
Strength: 1561
Vitality: 1736
Agility: 1754
Mana: 2820
Mental power: 2029
Attributes: Earth (max), Fire (max), Water (max), Wind (max), Darkness (max), Light (max), Heal (max), Indefinite (?, all)

Skills:

Stolen skills:
Bodyarmor (super high), Spiderthread, Leader (superhigh), Howling (superhigh), telepathy(superhigh), forming, complete body control, air cut (superhigh), Poison breath (superhigh), Poison fangs (superhigh), Poisonous (superhigh), poison resistance (superhigh),Poison creation, fluid control (superhigh), Wyverns Fire breath (Superhigh), Wyverns Frost breath (Superhigh), Wyverns body armor (Superhigh),
Normal Skills:
Earth magic (low), Fire magic (low), Water magic (low), Wind magic (low), Dark magic (low), Light magic (low), Healing magic (low), Space Magic (Middle), Illusion Magic (Super High), Fog Sight (High), Fog Control (High), Fog Creation (High)
Special skills:

Status Check (middle), info Check (high), telekinesis (high), Dimensional Storage (Superhigh), Set Title, Status Info Alteration, clothe making(superhigh), Dimensional Domain, Space Control (Superhigh)
Normal Species skills:
Visibility control (invisible), Scaring (High), Influence objects (disabled), Possession (Superhigh), Ghosts Mental Attack (superhigh) Ghosts Mental Protection (superhigh), undead creation(superhigh)
Special Species Skills:
Ghosts Mindreading(High), Ghosts Mental Theft (Superhigh), Luck alteration, Ghosts Body Link, Ghosts Memory Collection(low), Ghosts Connection (low)NEW

Skill acquiring points: 945
Skill points: 489
Stat points: 1105

(Author Note: I changed Bodyfluid control to fluid control. It can now control any fluid as long as it has a bit of MP from the user in it or is inside the body of the user. It doesn’t work on fluids that are in the body of another person.)

That’s quite something. I levelled up big time! And I even got a new skill! Let’s see what it does.

 [Ghosts Connection]

This skill allows the user to connect/link with another individual that has a spiritual form. The higher the level the better is the connection/link. The higher the level the more people can be connected/linked. The strength of the connection/link can be changed depending on the level of the skill. The skill only costs MP by establishing the connection/link depending on the level of the skill and the strength of the connection/link.
Connect: If a connection is made with another individual the two individuals can communicate with each other no matter how far away they are. The connection can be blocked by Barriers if it isn’t strong enough. (Low 3 Individuals; Middle 4 Individuals; High 5 Individuals; Superhigh 7 Individuals)
Link: It is possible for the user to link two spiritual forms together. Linked persons can communicate with each other. Can be blocked by skills if it isn’t strong enough. Linked individuals can let the other individual see part of their memories. The stats of the “linked individual” will be stronger than the based strength of the two individuals. The stronger the link is the stronger will the linked individual be. (Low 2 individuals; Middle 2 individuals; High 3 Individuals; Superhigh 4 Individuals)

(Authors note I think I need to clarify the linked part a bit because I think I couldn’t explain it probably in the system form. So, for example if 2 individuals would link one having 1000 HP and the other one having 1500 HP then would the HP of the linked individual be something about 1700 with a “low” link, 2100 with a “middle” link, 2400 with a “high” link and something around 2600 with a “superhigh” link)

That’s a nice skill… depending on how you use it, it could either be really useful for communication or very terrifying in a fight. For the time being let’s get that skill to Superhigh

And with that I dived deeper into the dungeon.

To be continued in chapter 23

 

Hello there. General Keno-
-Take two-
Hey! I am back with a new chapter. And a funny thing is i had this chapter finished a week ago. And now you are probably wondering why i posted it now and not then. And the answer. I forgot. Or more like i thought i had published it but i didn't. And that brings us here. I hoped you liked reading this chapter and see ya in the next chapter. Oh and it would be really cool if you told me if i did something wrong or similar things. bye bye.

1