Chapter 25: Preparing for school
89 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the sun disappeared behind the horizon, I began preparing my next big adventure! Well, I call it my big adventure but it is actually just my lazy ass watching someone else’s school life. I went to my work room and tested a few things till it was morning…

After testing and confirming that my little vacation plan will work out, I went to Soma and told him that it will be time for my original plan to go in motion. Enrolling into the Royal Academy of Valus. He already wanted to leave the body so I could posses it but I stopped him.

<B-But why? I thought our p-plan was it that you g-go into the royal academy with this body…>>  soma said obviously confused.

<Well you see I had a lot of work the last few weeks and am a bit mentally exhausted and want some rest so I thought I use my new skill [Ghosts Connection] so I could watch you and help you a bit while you go to school.> I said explaining what I wanted to do and even so he didn’t want to show it he was excited. After all he never went to school.

“R-Really?!” Soma said almost shouting but then swiftly lowering his voice because we were still inside the guild

<Yes like I said I had way to much work to do. I also think it will be quite entertaining to watch. Well anyway you have to come into my dimensional so we can link and then we will register you for the entrance exam>

After I told him that we went to my dimensional domain. To be precise we went into my home. We were both in our Spiritual Forms. Soma was a bit more nervous than normal. It didn’t took long to link but it was a weird feeling. For the time being I let Soma control. He tried to move and it worked pretty normally. It was pretty weird after all for me it was like my body was moved by someone else.

<Everything good?> I asked soma. He jumped a bit.

“It is a bit weird. It is easier to move my body. And it feels a bit weird but otherwise everything seems good.”

<That’s good. That you can move easier is probably because our stats are now higher then before because we linked. Anyways try to give me control. You have to loosen up a bit for that. After that I will take over.>

“Okay”

<Oh and try not to talk out loud if we are in public.>

“O-Oh right…”

He tried to loosen up and allow me to get control. I could probably force to take control but that could damage both the link and Soma. After a bit I could take control. I moved the body. Took my sword and swung a bit. It was easier then before. That’s probably the strength bonus of the link.

<Okay take control again Soma.>

<O-Okay…> He took control again. Then I tried another thing. I tried to activate ‘3rd person’. It is a function that makes a projection outside the body. No one can touch it and normally only Soma can see it. I can let other see it though. Also it allows me to go of a bit but not more then 2 meters. If I activate that I can see proma from the outside.

Also in 3rd person it is easier to use one of the best abilities of links. Dual casting. Normally it is almost imposible to cast two spells at the same time. If you are linked it is easier but still hard. But if you take 3rd person it is even easier because in that state magic is channelled through the projection.

<Okay now let’s try dual casting. Let’s see… I will cast a barrier while you cast a Fire Arrows.>
<Okay…> I casted a barrier where my own spells can pass through and he casted about ten Fire Arrows. They passed through my barrier just fine.

<Okay next is Skill Sharing. Try to use a portal for my Dimensional Storage>
He nodded and try to use it. It took him sometime to figure it out but in the end he did it.

<Seems all works fine for the moment. Then let’s go enlist you into the entrance exams.>
<Okay> He had a bit excitement in his voice. Let’s see how this works

We walked to the place where you could enlist. It was near the town centre. There was a building with a small crowd of people in front of it. I guessed that that was the place. We walked over. I was 3rd person at the moment.

“H-Hello I would like to enlist into the Royal Academy” Soma said. The man infront of us just nodded.
“Name?” He asked.
“Soma” We decide that we would enlist him with his name. If anyone asked we said he is known by both.

“What part of the Academy?” The man asked. He meant if we were for normal the knowledge, the magic or the combat with weapons.
“Knowledge and Magic…” Soma answered

“Age?” He asked
“14” Soma answered. It was the age I told him to use and I used for the registration by the guild. He looked up and probably checked if the age is okay. Then he looked back on his paper.

“Okay then. The exam is tomorrow in the morning right here. If you pass the test you will be appraised. If you lied you won’t be excepted. Oh and don’t forget the fee for the Academy you have to pay if you want to go.” Soma just nodded.

We then walked back to the inn and Soma laid down. <That was scary> Soma thought. <I think he is supposed to be scary so people who want to lie or something don’t.>  I told him. <Oh yeah before I forget to tell you. You can think stuff without me noticing. You just have to concentrate a bit more on it. With time it will come naturally.> I told him. <Okay…>. He then rested a bit and I took control.

I walked out of the Inn and went to the guild with proma. On the way I took a look on our stats. We had about 55000 MP and the rest were at about 45000. Out mental power more then doubled. The level stayed the same. Out race was now Ghost-Spirit. It probably means we are both at the same time. The titles were added together. After thinking for a bit I used Status info Alteration to let it look like before.

We walked into the guild and took a quest. It was a normal extermination quest of a lower ranking goblin tribe. We only did it because it had reasonable pay. Why? Because school costs money of course.

 

Announcement
Hey there folks i am back with a new chapter and a small info. I thought about how i could make it easier for mysel- i mean how i can make this story better so i had the idea to post new chapter first on my discord so you guys can help me correct it if you want. You can of course just take adventage of it just reading the chapters earlier with out helping me but that is of the point. If you want to help me you can join ma discord here: https://discord.gg/3P2RPRMsS8
Anyways bye
2