Chapter 26: Coordination training
54 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After we finished the quest we walked to went to the place where the exam is held. There were a few people most were about the age of 14. There were a few that looked a bit younger and a few that looked a bit older.

The first test was a written (general knowledge of things. The theocratic part) test, the second was the magic test and the third was the sword (or any other weapon) test. Everyone had to do every test but the points for the ones you didn’t pick were only half and the minimum requirement for passing was 40% so even if you only picked one you could pass if you had zero points in the other two.

In the written test there was magic theory, combat theory, mathematics and other stuff. Soma could do most so I didn’t need to help him much. I could the a few people I could clearly tell were muscle heads. And some were just idiots.

In the magic test you had to show a bit of the magic you can use. Soma used earth magic to make a wall that was double the height of himself and then used wind magic to blast himself up on top of the wall. He then jumped down and used water magic to make the earth wall into mud. For light magic he just made a blinding light and the healing magic he couldn’t really show because there was no one hurt around. I looked around and saw a few people just sit around. They probably couldn’t use magic.

Now we came to the last part. Weapons. Soma can’t use weapons well so I took over. I didn’t plan to be super good but I wanted to get some points here too. I selected small twin swords.

For the weapon exam we had to fight examiners. It is a good thing we didn’t came first so I could see how the others do and I decided I will do a bit worse than them. Well the problem is I am not really that good in holding back so I almost beheaded the examiner. For my luck I could make it look like it was beginners luck after I let Soma take over and only helped him a bit.

After that we went back to the inn and fell on the bed. We both were exhausted because of different reasons. He because he had to fight using weapons and me because I thought I had blown our cover. We decided to rest for the day.

The results would be announced in 3 days. Till then I planned to test this body to the fullest. We went into the dasos forest. To be precise into the abyss where I became a ghost. We jumped down and walked to the big door. We left the body for a short while and put it inside my dimensional storage and then went through the door.

We possessed the body again and walked through the caves. We trained out coordination inside the cave for about 2 days. We now functioned good together. I then contacted nitos to get an A rank quest for us. He didn’t hesitate and got us a Wyvern extinction quest.

So that it will be a challenge I used a new skill I got in the last two days. The skill is called ‘Seals Of Stragismus’. It is actually a cluster of Skills. Like the name suggests the skills all have something to do with sealing. One of them is a skill to Seal stats to a certain extend. I used that to make our stats half of the ones we had before. The same goes for my skills. Restricted a few of them. That also allows to hide our strength from people with special ability which doesn’t ‘check’ the status but the extend of our magic power or something like that.

We went to the place where the Wyverns are. It was a small mountain with trees and a big cave where they can nest. The problem is that there are Human settlements nearby so there is a good chance that they attack to get food.

We saw the cave and a few wyverns. We started our assault.

Soma concentrated mana and casted a light magic spell. It was in the form of “Spears”. In the meantime I was floating beside him and casted a fire spell. Fire Ball. The light spears pierced one of the wyverns wings while mine fireball which was about the size of a human obliterated another wyverns tail. Both fell to the floor. One because his wings were broken and he couldn’t keep up and the other because he couldn’t manoeuvre all so well without his tail. He crashed into a wall.

After that attack the other Wyvern noticed us of course. I and soma switched positions, and I unsheathed my sword. It was a blue blade with light blue lines going along it. The handle was light green with white lines going up circular. It was western style like one of those holy swords and stuff from anime except it isn’t holy. But that was to be expected an undead made it after all. It was a magic weapon with both water and wind attribute effects.

I made it not long ago. How do you make a magic weapon you ask? There are two possible techniques I know of. One is you make it in a place where certain elements are strongly present the problem with this technique is that there aren’t many places with one don’t even with two elements strong enough to make a magic weapon. And it need a person who knows his stuff but that is obvious.

The other way is to contract elemental spirits and bind them to the sword. Of course that isn’t easy either because it isn’t easy to contract elemental spirits. Oh and there is a big difference between elemental spirits and Spirits or artificial spirits. Elemental Spirits are the personification of the Elements. The biggest problem is with Elemental Spirits is that if you bind them to a weapon it depends on what rank that spirit is on how many and how strong effects the weapon will have and you can only contract elemental spirits if you have the attribute for the element of which you want to contract a spirit.

Now back to my magic weapon. I contracted one lower level water spirit and a middle level wind spirit. The water effect is just that if I use mana on the sword while slashing an extended “blade” of water is made that slashed forward. The more mana I use the denser the water will be.

For the wind are two effects. One is if I were to fight against someone in close combat and our weapons or what ever meets and I use mana on the sword it will generate shock wave that pushes the weapon and other stuff away. If I hold it up before me and channel mana in it it will generate a wind shield that can block attacks. The more mana I put in the stronger the air pressure and stuff. The shield will hold up as long as I channel mana in it. Of course I can’t really fight while doing it so I am wide open from the other sides. I can still turn around though.

Anyways I used the sword to slash at the wyverns with a wave of concentrated water. It severed one of the wyverns head of. That’s some bad ass shiet. But it costed a whole lot of mana. Meh worth it.

While I did that another wyvern breathed poison gas at us. A poison wyvern it is then. Soma casted a barrier to protect us from the poison. When the poison gas died down soma disabled the barrier and I boosted forward severing one of the wyverns heads and soma used earth magic to create a boulder and drop it on a wyvern.

That went on for quite a while. After we finished we were battered a bit and laid on a mountain of wyvern corpses. The sun was about to go down.

 

Announcement

So yeah. I am completely stupid. I know new information but hear me out i out dumbed me today. Or should i say last update. How some of you maybe already noticed i uploaded the wrong chapter. Meaning i wanted to upload this chapter (Chapter 26) but uploaded chapter 27: Scholarship. Well anyways i hoped you had fun. And if you join my discord before the next release and make fun of me because of this stupid move you'll get a new role. (The first one to do it get's to decide the name*)

 

(*Tomopher(me) can say if the name is too bad and can decide not to take the name that you decide if that is the case you can decide for another name. You have two chances)

How stupid am i(Tomopher)
  • Moderatly Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Extreme Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Unspkeakable Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Stupid Votes: 1 50.0%
Total voters: 2 · This poll was closed on Aug 31, 2021 11:50 AM.
0