The First Murder
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No news of any murder makes him feel comfortable but also anxious. Still, ignoring his inner feelings he is relaxed and comfortable, sleeping on his bed. But the sudden ringing of the telephone continuously is dragging him out of his sleep as he urges to sleep more. The alcohol he had consumed last night has taken over his whole head making him feel that it will burst anytime by now. 

Covering his ears with the pillow or embedding his head into the mattress won't aid anymore, as the only solution is to pick up the ringing telephone which is in the hall of his one-room apartment.

"Ugh!" He groaned in frustration as he yawned and got out of his bed. The bedcover which was wrapped around him is now lying on the floor as it gets untangled as he walks towards the door of his room.

The telephone is still ringing...

Making him wonder who has this urge of talking to him all of a sudden in the morning. As he picked the handset of his ordinary-looking black and gold telephone up and took it near his ear, he was astonished to hear what the other side said to him...

"A murder has been placed we need you there..." 

This sentence wasn't a much of detail to surprise him as a detective but as he heard this, a newspaper slid under his door showing the front page written in huge fonts with black ink, his green eyes went dull and his face went pale as his eyes read in silence,

"The Whitechapel Murderer Has Returned..." 

"Mr Hebrew...are you listening?... Are you there...?" The voice kept asking him while he just kept staring at the newspaper heading which had slid under just now and was lying near his barefoot. 

He gulped...

His hands shivered, "I-" he paused realising that his breath had gotten hitched by this sudden incident and so he inhaled and exhaled deeply.

"I'll be there..." He kept the handset on the holder and slowly picked up the newspaper.

Unfolding it he read the small fonts underneath that huge flashy headline.

"A woman's body has been found under a bridge. The way she has been murdered dates back to those times when Whitechapel was in the terror of Jack the ripper. The same method of murder used is making the residentials living there frightened to death. Who knows, who is his next target?...." 

The whole article said. He looked at the main door of his house and he determined, "I have to go." 

                                           ~~~~

Hebrew got out of the taxi as he gave the fare. His steps hurried towards the police station as he kept looking for Mr Winchester. He can't be seen, instead, Hebrew could see the other police officers working under him running here and there in the police station. Several telephones are ringing as everyone tries to reach out for them. It's a whole lot of chaos inside here and is created by someone who no one knows where resides.

"Mr Fynn!" He kept walking straight as someone tapped his shoulder.

"Good morning Mr Flynn, you are here..." She gradually lifts her head and raises her eyebrows.

"To meet Mr Winchester." He completed and she nodded with a smile.

"Come with me then..." She says and walks ahead of him.

"Inside..." She guards as she opens the doors of the chamber.

He nods towards her and she smiles as he goes inside. 

Hebrew can see Mr Winchester in his usual police uniform. He is standing near a red soft board that has multiple pins on it, some of them are photos or newspaper clips or even writings of his own. Hebrew keeps looking at him as Winchester scratches the back of his bald head. 

"Ahem!" He clears his throat and Winchester turns around abruptly.

"Flynn?!" He is surprised and delighted to see him.

He pulls his chair out and before sitting he offers Hebrew a seat in front of him too.

"Sit, sit... it been a long time since I've seen you." 

Hebrew pulls his hat down from his head and places it on the desk as he pulls a chair out too, "The pleasure is all mine, Mr Winchester." He sat down upright, looking straight into Winchester's light blue eyes.

Winchester is pale as usual but this time his uneven half-grown beard is white too making Hebrew wonder if it's really been a long time since they met or he got more older in a really short period.

"How...have you been?" He asks as he opens one of the side drawers of his desk and searches for something in it.

"Just earning somehow..." Hebrew said honestly without showing much of his expressions.

He looks at Hebrew and says further, "I know it's been hard for you ever since your last case, but I would like you to be on this case. It's time now, bud!" He took out a blue file from the desk and placed it over the desk, pressing it towards Hebrew.

Hebrew took it in his hands and opened it gradually, many things are there. Some photos of the victim taken from different angles with a small description of her whereabouts. He had observed up to this much when Mr Winchester interrupted.

"Would you like to have something? It's cold out there so... a coffee may work I guess?" He looks at him being unsure.

Hebrew glances at him for a moment and smiles slightly looking down, the other. 

"Tell me more..." He says, He keeps reading the small description of the blue file in his hands.

"Till now...you must have heard from the news, people are calling the murderer the second Jack the Ripper, I'm afraid how this will end. The woman was murdered the same as it was done by him, slit straight from the neck down the abdomen." 

He scratched his visage and added, "But the thing unique here is she was not a prostitute or either her organs were snatched by him."

"He...has his own ways..." Hebrew concluded.

"Maybe..." Winchester stretched back in his chair and supported his head with both of his arms.

"More like...inspired by Jack the ripper." He looked at the ceiling.

Hebrew smirked as he looked at the photograph of a small note written from the blood which he concluded is of the victim. There's only one sentence written on it and it makes him smirk even more.

He stood up while his eyes weren't able to tear apart from that note. Mr Winchester looks at him and stands up too.

"So what do you think?..."

"I never expected this..." He mumbled, inaudible to Winchester.

"It's time for you to brush the dirt up from your skills." Winchester looked at him with hopes in his eyes.

Hebrew looked up at him and thumped down the photograph of the note. With determination and confidence, he claims, "My skills had never dirtied up..." 

The note read, "You'll never be able to find me just like him..."

1