Question Of Relation
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A sudden knock helped Hebrew to get out of his slumber, sitting on the sofa yesterday he doesn't remember when he fell asleep. 

He was about to stand up to open the door when the person helped themselves in making realise the door was open whole night,

"How can a detective be so careless?" Jessica entered as she looked at the doorknob she was holding.

"You know you have all the proof and all the findings I've collected till now, don't you?" She nagged as if she was too close to him.

Hebrew laid back on the sofa again and rubbed his face abruptly with one hand while the other laid on the arm of the sofa. He sighed in frustration...

"Why are you here again?" He asked, keeping his eyes closed.

"To tell you WHY I think that the person is her boyfriend!" She emphasised the word why.

He looked at her from between the fingers, she was standing folding her arms. She came walking towards him.

Today she was wearing a pencil heel which disturbed him with the sounds it made and her hair was neatly tied in a low ponytail making him wonder if she did it on a purpose.

He sat upright and motioned her to sit in front of him.

"You thought I was just a mere woman who has always been an assistant cause I never looked at the bigger picture? But as you said, I know more about this case than you so....will you take a look at my side?" She said confidently.

"Whoever's side it is, I just want the details..." He crossed his legs and bent forward.

She took out her laptop from her handbag and a small black pen drive. As she opened it and set the pen drive she turned it towards him and motioned him to take a look at it. A smirk formed on her lips which made him feel challenged.

He played the video which turned out to be CCTV footage of the police station in which a man could be seen coming towards the officer probably crying. Though the footage was quite clear Hebrew couldn't see his face as he kept looking down continuously. He was wearing a casual white t-shirt and a pair of jeans with shoes while his hair was a bit messy.

The footage ended where he could be seen going out of the station. Hebrew looked at the lady sitting in front of him who was continuously looking at him with a smirk plastered on her face.

"What does it prove?" 

"You're a detective then...you must have observed that man quite carefully, mustn't you have?" Jessica sat upright.

"Then tell me about his appearance, can you do that?" 

She again challenged him, and he sighed...

Standing up as he started walking he spoke up, "The man is approximately thirty years old, and was wearing a casual white t-shirt with jeans. With his messy hair, he wanted to look casual as if he just came running from his house when he didn't find his girlfriend there but he made it so obvious that he forgot to think that if a person is in a hurry and is worried then why would he be bothered to wear a shoe which even needs to be held together with shoelaces." All in one breath.

She raised her eyebrows and nodded slightly as if appreciating him,

"Anything else?" She asked.

"Yup!" He exclaimed and looked at her.

"While talking to the police he cries continuously as if he knows that the woman is already dead, finding a person missing dose makes the relatives worried but crying of him makes him obvious that he is exaggerating." 

"Done?" He nodded.

She scoffed, "Just like you said, I never look at the bigger picture then how come you...forgot to look at a small detail which you kept missing each time I asked you?" 

He looked at her, this lady has made Hebrew frown thrice since yesterday counting the facial expression of his right now. He looks away from her and suddenly he finds himself thinking about what he has forgotten.

"I've never felt nervous like am I feeling right now, then...how come I am not confident?" He thought.

Jessica walked towards him, "How can you forget the ring he was wearing on his middle finger, Mr Hebrew?" She asked as she pointed at her laptop which had a zoomed photo of that man while he had kept his hands on the desk of the officer.

"You know where else I found this ring?" She questioned and he looked at her.

"Here..." She showed him a photograph of the victim's hand wearing the same simple diamond ring which the man in the footage was wearing.

"What do you think now...Mr Hebrew?" She questioned.

Hebrew looked at her and her eye bags made him laugh again, she frowned,

"You've been up all night again, right?" She took some steps away from him probably feeling uncomfortable.

"What will you do if I still don't believe you?" He asked.

"But-but why?" She questions being restless.

"Because she can never be in a relationship." 

"WHY?!" She yelled.

"CAUSE I KNOW!..." He yelled on a high pitch which made her flinch.

He inhaled and exhaled deeply closing his eyes. Rubbing his face with both of his hands he said, "Leave!" 

Jessica stood there utterly astonished by this sudden change of behaviour of Flynn, she wondered what had triggered him this time. 

"I said, LEAVE!" He grabbed her shoulder and pushed her out of his house. He glared at her one last time and she looked at him being confused before he closed the door rudely on her face.

She simply nodded and left for her house without debating any further as she knew what she had to do now...

1