Whitechapel’s Fake Detective
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She is now sitting in front of her computer, wondering if she'll be able to find anything about this person whom she sees as a mystery.

In the dark sitting in her room alone, the computer screen lits her face. Her whole room is a slum. A ton of files there and a ton of files here....with a bunch of papers scattered over the sofa while her bed as her own findings. No wonder...the outstanding detective Flynn Hebrew was right, she hasn't really slept a wink in the past few weeks.

FLYNN HEBREW, she types and is quite astonished or I would say impressed by the number of articles he owns under his name. It was all good until some last of them defamed him

"What is this about?-" She mumbled.

"The impressive detective Flynn Hebrew of Whitechapel is a fake?!" The word, fake instantly made her eyes widen and her mouth gasp.

"Recently, it has turned out the case Flynn Hebrew was handling has forced him to build up false evidence and proves. He is now just a celebrity detective who wants his fame to remain forever..." She reads in a slow voice as she adjusts her light and delicate silver spectacles over her slender and thin nose bridge.

"He faked evidence?..." She was shocked. She jerked back in her seat, her eyes still stuck on the computer screen.

"16 June 1898..." She read the date.

"This means he has recently been out of prison...." 

Her thoughts flustered, 

When he faked evidence then why does Mr Winchester believe him? And why does Mr Hebrew have such deep trust issues with Mr Winchester? 

She searched the images of those times and found many, which were probably of the time when Hebrew was getting arrested. He can be seen wearing handcuffs while lowering his face to hide in those black and white photos.

"What's the story of you...Mr Hebrew?" She narrowed her eyes as she bent towards the screen of the computer and locked her eyes with the eyes of him from one of his photos.

Searching more she found out an interview of him before being arrested, 

"Mr Flynn Hebrew, they say you've faked evidence. What do you think of this, was it really you?" A reporter asked.

Hebrew scoffed, "If I were really a culprit and then...you'd questioned me this way I would've never admitted it." 

Jessica scoffed at his arrogant behaviour, "You've always been such arrogant?" She wondered.

"But since I'm not. I repeat. I AM NOT. Then I'll disagree with them. I have always solved cases from my wit. Faking evidence is just so childish for anyone doing this..." He claimed proudly. 

"But what about others Mister? They think you're a culprit."

"Who cares...what I care matters the most. What I think of myself comes first. And I know how capable I am..." His eyes twinkled with pride and truth.

The video ended here and the article further wrote "He still, being in prison, never has admitted his crimes. He says, he'd rather die by the hands of the culprit he is against rather than producing false evidence to win the case."

"You never even agreed on your crimes?..." She finds it interesting.

"The more I search on you the more you get mysterious..." 

She let out a deep sigh and stretched back on her chair. Closing her eyes gently she mumbled, "You solve the case I'll solve my doubts..."

                                        ~~~~

"Mr Hebrew?!" The officer frowns.

"Save it! You'll see me every day now." Ignoring his frowns and rather shutting his mouth with his sarcastic comments Hebrew again went to the place where the corpse was found.

"You really found it here?" he asked as if testing Winchester's IQ.

"Ye-yeah!" He hesitated followed with an awkward laugh.

"Don't laugh, it makes you more awkward!" 

Being straightforward was something Hebrew loved except for the others surrounding him. The smile on the face of Winchester quickly disappeared and he looked here and there feeling embarrassed.

"How can they all be so stupid, this ain't true how it seems..." Hebrew was continuously murmuring within himself making others stare at each other as ask if anyone knew what was happening. 

He was concentrating on the place when deep down he could hear a voice. Though he could hear it his mind was so focused on his thoughts that it forgot to process what the voice was saying.

The voice became louder and clearer as if coming from an object gradually nearing him when someone tapped on his shoulder, making him abruptly stop thinking.

"Good morning Mr Hebrew!" He frowned as he saw her standing just beside him smiling brightly.

"Nice to meet you..." She approached her hand towards him. But instead of sharing a handshake, he looked at her hand and scoffed.

"Another day...another try..." He commented.

"It's not a try today..." She exclaimed delightfully.

"I want to- no...no no, I am going to work with you. From...today!" 

"What?! Why!" He turned to her and frowned even more.

"You said I always look at the smaller picture and...you being a celebrity detective had always been so critical while handling case so...maybe you could teach me something?" 

"First of all!" He counted on his thumb.

"I am not a celebrity detective."

"And secondly!" Now comes the index finger.

"I am not a teacher either!" 

He walked away from her. She followed him,

"Good morning Mr Hebrew, I am Jessica Lennon-"

"Who cares?" He shrugged off.

"Who cares?" She questioned still following him.

"I- I care and that matters the most. What I think of myself comes first. And I know how capable I am..." 

Her words stopped and so Hebrew's steps he turned a little, his eyebrows shrunk in between.

"Where...did you hear this?" 

"N-nowhere made it just now...." She lied.

"Why?" She bent a little forward being curious.

He started walking again, probably towards Winchester's car which was standing up on the road.

He opened the front passenger seat and as he closed the door he felt the door of the driving seat being opened. Jessica had followed her.

She opened the door bent a little, "Do not worry, I'm a decent driver." And she sat inside making Hebrew sigh in frustration.

1