Naive Detective
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are the reports ready, Mr Fernsby?" Jessica asked as both she and Hebrew entered the post mortem lab.

Mr Fernsby adjusted his spectacles looking at the corpse of the lady lying in front of him covered in a white blanket.

"Um..." He hesitated.

"You shouldn't see it!" Hebrew decided and pushed her out of the room.

But before he closed the door she bent a little and went inside hurriedly.

"Why can't I? Do you think a woman can't bear the circumstances?! I know it's a brutal murder and...I also know the way of slaughtering her is inhumane but, I am your assistant directive and so, I'll see it too." 

As her speech ended Hebrew sighed and walked towards her furiously. He didn't want her to see the dead body and scare herself enough to dream nightmares instead of daydreams. The way she thinks the world is, it's not necessarily needed to get her out of her less cruel world. But Jessica had her own point of view.

"No! I won't go!" She stood on the other side of Mr Fernsby.

"Stop acting childish! It's not needed. Even if one of us examines the body, it will be enough."

"Don't underestimate me! I am an adult and I've seen enough murders in my career to make me digest it." She challenged and uncovered the body of the victim lying there.

All her senses froze at one place and her breath hitched. Gradually she started to shiver. The Body had a deep cut exposing almost the whole insides of the abdomen region. Though people named the murderer Jack the ripper still this was less cruel then what the actual murderer had committed in the past.

"What the-" She breathed heavily.

"Ms Lennon!" Dr Fernsby jerked her shoulder but she seemed to have gone numb. 

Hebrew pushed Fernsby aside and held Jessica from her shoulders.

"I'd told you!" His voice echoed. 

On the way out, Jessica covered her mouth and went out running. 

"Ms Lennon!" She ignored Fernsby's calls.

It's been almost five minutes and Jessica is still there on the open sink which is placed in between the empty corridor of Fernsby's lab.

Each time she takes a break, again her mind repeats the earlier wounds she witnessed. She is shivering and her body feels weak. 

At last, her stomach emptied and now she is just somehow standing there holding on to the basin bowl. Her breath is heavy.

"I guess you need this..." Someone handed her a tissue paper.

"Thank you!" Her voice is wheezy.

"Are you alright Ms assistant detective?" Hebrew asked sarcastically and Jessica turned to him still heavily breathing. 

Her eyes are flooded due to the force she applied while throwing up. She nodded, "Yes, Mr Hebrew." 

He scoffed, "Look at you all messed up just by seeing a corpse. And you're alright..." 

"Mr Hebrew-" 

"Drink this up and go home, there's no room for a naive detective who lives in their fairyland." He handed her a water bottle and went away.

Jessica kept breathing as the image of that lady kept coming in front of her every second she blinked.

She looked at the silhouette of Hebrew vanishing out of the laboratory, wiping out her tears as she drank up some water. Taking a deep breath she ran out too.

"Mr Hebrew!" She yelled.

Hebrew who was about to sit in the cab closed the door aggressively.

"You are here again?" He was irritated by now.

"Your assistant detective at work sir!" She exclaimed and saluted him dramatically stomping her foot on the ground.

He sighed, "Stop following me." Warning he sat in the car and again he heard the door of the other side open and closing. 

The taxi hustled towards the road...

"Why are you here agai-" But he pauses midway as he didn't find Jessica sitting there but a small note of her.

'You were the most brilliant detective at your time and then...you went to jail. You faked evidence but why I feel you never did so?...

                                          Your assistant detective.' 

The note made Hebrew frown, 

"Stop!" He ordered the taxi driver.

He looked back but no one was standing there. 

'Here's your fare! I'll step down here...' His heart was ready to act this way but his mind resisted...

"Any problem sir?" The driver asked.

"Nope, just drive your way." He said and sat comfortably looking at the front, on the backseat.

His eyes once again looked at the note, "Again," he scoffed arrogantly. "A fake sympathy..." His mind concluded through his whispers and he smirked.

"Sir we've arrived." The driver informed making Hebrew wake up from his slumber. 

Nodding, he stepped out giving the fair. As his eyes went up looking at his apartment on the fourth floor, he found it suspicious as his brows knitted.

He looked at his watch and he realised that Fernsby's lab was quite far as it took him almost an hour to reach his apartment. It was at seven O'clock and he found the lights in his apartment. 

Wondering who was there, his heartbeat raised, he ran upstairs. No should've been here except for his friend who had asked Hebrew to let him visit his house but at night around the dinner.

He was on the other side of the lobby and his house was on the opposite. Panting heavily he took some steps forward, he didn't know who he was about to meet. Clenching his fits and keeping it in the level of his chest was the best he could think of as self-defence at that time.

He went forward and stood bravely on the threshold. A lady was standing inside, looking at Hebrew's glass board. 

"Quite hard-working nowadays? Uh?!" She said out loud.

Greeting her with silence he was not very surprised when she added, "I'm not talking to myself, I know you're standing there..." 

And she turned around, wearing a black coat suit with a white overcoat above. Her red lips smirked as she saw him standing. Her black pencil heels click-clacking over the old floorboard of Hebrew's apartment as she neared him.

"Long time no see...Flynn..." She smiled.

What do you think of Flynn Hebrew
  • Mysterious Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intelligent Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Irritating Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arrogant Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0