Story Rewrite Plan + New Version
1.5k 31 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What is planned in the rewrite?:

 

I will address a few things now.

First of all, I'll remove or put the Bestiary on the end of the Arc or the into the Glossary. 

Secondly, I'll overwork the path of the story to make it clearer in which direction it goes. Right now many readers are confused about what is happening and yes, I kinda lost myself in too many mysteries. This story isn't supposed to be the Series 'Lost' where you just get plot twist after plot twist after questions that just aren't getting answered.

Third, the protagonist loses her character and identity right now. I planned her as cold, evil, and clever, but right now she is just doing stupid things. Her goal and who she is got blurry.

I never thought that my story would get so many readers and views so fast. I lost focus on what the story really is about. I mean, my god, I have hundreds and hundreds of sites of notes for the Seclusion and ignored my own ideas. 

Fourth, the reluctance of the System. I still want to use it in Arc 1, but I need to change the perspective on how it will be addressed in Arc 0

Fifth, characters are too two-dimensional and not significant enough. They are there, but that's all. Too many characters appear without enough 'screen time' to give them a reason to be there in the first place. 

Sixth, chapter lengths. Way too inconsistent, needs to be fixed. Ashen Hell for example is hella long but misses to give other appearing characters enough room to define themselves. I mean, it's okay to do this from time to time, but I have way too many of those in the story right.

Also, I probably change Arc into Book. Kinda makes more sense overall.

So in the end I will fix all the stuff before I push the story further. Everything else would only destroy the story as a whole.

 


 

The new version is here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/473408/seclusion/

33