Chapter 3.5 – I – The bloody witch of Meldech
149 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3.5 - I - The bloody witch of Meldech

 

Well, this was one of those ‘boring days’ here at the Holy Palatial Gardens…

 

“…”

 

For a time now, I’ve been keeping myself busy, all the while the others were doing their businesses as well.  They said that the ‘Holy Congress’ was coming, and so, there were a lot of preparations were being done to accommodate the visiting human rulers.  I had nothing else to do, given that Lily kept on shooing me away whenever I tried to offer my help, even to the other servants.

 

Maddie was once again right beside me, loitering around in the library.  I didn’t know, but ever since we got unofficially engaged, she would always make time to come and see me.  Not that I disliked it; however, I’m anxious that I might become a nuisance for her daily responsibilities.

 

We’re not married yet, and I’m seeing myself as a distraction to her.

 

“…”

 

And why am I thinking of marriage?  I mean, it’s not that I’m not attracted to Her Holiness and all, but she’s technically a child.  She looked like my students from before—maybe, in Earth’s reckoning, she’d be of the same age.  That girl should find someone more deserving of her love, other than this broke old guy from another world.

 

“Ow!”

 

A book from the shelf suddenly flew out and hit my head, fair and square.  I turned to the Saint, who was reading a book several chairs away from me.

 

“…” Oh boy, she’s glaring at me.  Must be that she read my thoughts…

 

I went back to my book.  In the corner of my eyes, I saw her stand, close the book gently and float towards me.

 

She rarely uses her legs…and it would be bad for her health…

 

“Fuu…”

 

“!!!” I felt her softly blew unto my ears, which made me jolt.

 

Ah right.  You’re ticklish on your ears.” she took out a quill with ink and started writing on her hand, “I’ve got to remember that part; it’s one of your weaknesses!”

 

Err…Your Holi—”

 

“Hrmph?” her face contorted horribly, and she pouted, upset.  Haha!  She’s cute to behold!

 

“I-I mean, M-Maddie…” I quickly pretended to correct my mistake and switched back to calling her by her preferred nickname.

 

“Yes?” Maddie also reverted to her sweet, loving self.  

 

Hmm…I wonder, are these the infamous ‘mood-swings’ of girls?

 

Uh…well, don’t you think we’re going way too fast?”

 

Hm?  What do you mean, Kuro?”

 

“Well, our relationship.  You see, you’re still way younger than me.  And honestly, we just met each other one season ago.” I explained to her, “Aren’t you creeped out with that setting?”

 

“Nope.” Maddie chuckled, “Why would I fear the man who repeatedly saved and risked his life for me and my loved ones?”

 

Oh…so she thought of me that way, huh?

 

But well, honestly, I saved Maddie just because I found her situation contrary to my beliefs and ideals.  Suicide was wrong.  Forced marriages sucked.  And she’s my friend, so, naturally, I’m concerned about her.  Even back on Earth, I treated my students as I treat her now.

 

“Well, isn’t that love?” Maddie, who was reading my mind, asked.  Well, I’m used to that attitude of hers anyway, so I’m just letting her be.  Heh, I would be very much bewildered if an hour passed without her reading my thoughts…

 

Hmm…it is.  But it’s a friendship-type of love, not  a romantic one.”

 

Oh, is that so?”

 

“!!!”

 

Another book flew from the shelf and nearly missed my head as it traveled with great speed.  It ended up hitting the wall of the library with such force that it was lodged in it.

 

“Kuro, are you telling me I’m friendzoned?” the gentle, seemingly cheerful smile on Maddie’s face didn’t match her threatening aura.

 

“N-no!”

 

“Then, is it because I’m not that attractive to you?”

 

“Ha?  No!” I answered that question quicker and with greater conviction than the previous one.  Heck, contrary to that, I found Maddie beautiful.  Her long, silver hair gave her an appearance that seemed on par with the gods.  And hey, those deep, silvery-blue eyes were charming to look at.  

 

I also love looking at her eyes, see?

 

Not only that, her chest and hips…well, I didn’t know what to say.  I just find her form heavenly to my eyes.  Add Maddie’s lovely fair complexion and those supple red lips…

 

Heck, I can’t understand why someone like her chose trash like me…

 

“Enough!”

 

“!!!”

 

A third book once again found its mark on the opposite side of the wall, right behind me.

 

What did I do wrong this time?

 

I noticed Maddie’s face, blushing.  Oh right, she must’ve kept on reading my mind and saw all those physical assets of hers that I find attractive.  Heh, wait ‘till she sees the charming aspects of her personality—

 

Awawawawawawa!!! I said enough!” Maddie was already in panicking and fully embarrassed mode.  I could picture steam rising from her head as her face got even redder.  However, that’s not my concern.  In her attempt to distract me, she inadvertently caused the entire contents of the bookshelf behind her to fly around.

 

Ah!  Maddie, calm down!”  Half-amused, half-panicking as well, I tried to appease this cute girl beside me.  Good thing she calmed herself before the library got chaotic beyond control.

 

“Pervert!” Maddie playfully stuck her tongue out at me.

 

Oh well, that’s what you get for violating my mind’s privacy.

 

 

Maddie could only pout to express her annoyance at what I just did.  I patted her head to ease her heart, and to make amends as well.

 

“You know, you may hold me in your arms…” she suggested, still pouting.

 

Hmm…as much I wanted to, I can’t do that just yet.” I gently replied.

 

Eh?  A girl’s already inviting you, and you’re refusing her?”

 

“Well, I have to.” I answered, before explaining, “I respect you and your family, see?  It’s not that I don’t find you unattractive; I’m doing this because we’re all alone in this library, and you’re a pretty girl, so…”

 

“So…?”

 

Haha!  I’m a healthy human male, even if I’m way too older than you.  Do you get the idea?  Alone and in love…”

 

Maddie never uttered a word.  She just floated with her back turned towards me.  However, I could see Maddie’s ears as red as a beet.

 

I hope she understands what I mean…it’s for her best, anyway.

 

“O-of course!” I heard her say, “And that’s the very reason I fell for you in the first place, Kuro.”

 

Oh god, now it’s my turn to blush.  Not wishing to wallow in this sickeningly sweet air around us, I told her something I wanted to say before, “You know, would it be fine to you if we take our time to get to know each other well?”

 

“Isn’t that what we’re doing now?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Don’t worry, Kuro!” Maddie winked at me, “It’s not like I’m in a hurry to marry; I still want to do many things before settling down.  I just want to make sure that you’ll be mine.”

 

Oh…okay…” Honestly, I’m impressed by her straightforward manner of expressing her feelings.  If it was me, I’d find myself dilly dallying and mincing my words before I spoke what I meant to say.  

 

Is that from her mother as well, I wonder?  

 

I better not let Maddie’s expectations down.

4