Chapter 1-4: Does She Know my Secret?
3.8k 3 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I hope you're enjoying the story so far. It's going to be a really fun ride!

Currently, I'm up to Chapter 37 on my Patreon, and my supporters love everything about this story. There's hot MILFs, busty girlfriends, and sexy supernatural women (succubi). All of whom either have feelings or develop feelings for our main character for believable reasons.

Copyright © 2020 Kaizer Wolf

 

Innocent Devil's Harem | Chapter 1-4: Does She Know my Secret?

“Well, obviously we aren’t related,” Serenity began explaining. “Some of the kids found out about our situation, and they actually teased him about us living alone together.”

“You’re kidding, right?” Gabriella said in disbelief.

“I know it’s ridiculous,” she replied. “I really wish they hadn’t found out to begin with. But when everything first happened, he was sent to a foster home for about a month, because he’s actually adopted, and the missing adoption paperwork caused a bit of a snag with me being able to take care of him.” She paused. “I’m not sure if it’s because they wanted to try to find his real parents, or why it even mattered, but some of the teachers found out about the issue with his unexpected change in living situation, and I guess it spread to his classmates that way.”

“He’s adopted?” Gabriella repeated, clearly choosing to focus on that aspect, sounding surprised. “At what age?”

“His parents adopted him when he was about two years old,” she replied, before returning to the bullying topic. “But you know what’s interesting? Even though he doesn’t really talk to anyone, I think he still cares about them. For example, there was a fight at school a couple of years back – both of the guys involved were kids who had bullied him in middle school – yet he stopped the fight without hurting anyone, defending the kid who was getting beat up.” She paused. “He’s also always doing nice things for strangers, just little stuff even, like opening the door for people when we go out. I’m really proud of the man he’s becoming.”

Honestly, I had conflicting feelings about my older friend’s statement, especially the last part. Because a big reason why I did stuff like that was because I wanted to make her proud. I needed her approval, probably more than she’d ever know, and in a way she’d likely never be able to give me, since I had no intention on ever telling her my secret.

The risk of rejection and losing her forever wasn’t worth it to me. However, I didn’t linger on those thoughts long, since I heard her place a bowl down on the table in front of Gabriella.

Sighing again, I quietly dashed to the stairs and called out to her. “Serenity, that has bacon in it!”

She immediately apologized. “Oh, I’m sorry Gabriella! I forgot!”

“No, it’s fine!” she exclaimed. “I’m not religious about it. I’ve just grown up as a vegetarian because both my parents are. Although, I have to admit I’ve never eaten bacon. Only chicken a few times.”

“Are you sure?” Serenity asked. “I can get you something else.”

I heard Gabriella take a big bite in response, causing my housemate to chuckle. I then heard her shift in her chair in surprise. “Wow, this is really good! You’re a really good cook!” she exclaimed.

Serenity laughed again, sitting down at the table with her own bowl. “I’m horrible at cooking. Kai made this.”

It was quiet then, which only made me wish I could see Gabriella’s face, desperately wondering what her expression was like.

“He…he did?” she finally managed.

“Yep,” Serenity confirmed. “He does basically all the cooking around here. One day when he was fourteen, he officially banned me from using the stove for anything other than boiling water.” She laughed again. “He was kidding of course, but I think I’ve only cooked a handful of meals since then.”

“Oh…” Gabriella said quietly. “So…he eats potatoes?”

I could tell Serenity was confused by the question. “Well, yeah. Why?”

“No reason,” she said quickly, shoving another spoonful in her mouth.

Of course, that only confirmed my worst fears. Gabriella must have recognized me after all, because her heart rate picked up significantly. Not to mention the weird question about my diet.

What did she think I ate? People?

I wondered if I could still somehow convince her that it wasn’t me, in the event she asked about it, or if that was a lost cause. ‘I can just play dumb,’ I thought to myself. ‘Act like I don’t know anything.’ I wasn’t sure if it would work, but it was my last chance at this point.

Serenity was still talking about me, whispering now. “I don’t know how he does that.”

“Does what?” Gabriella whispered back.

“Know I was about to give you this soup.”

Gabriella paused for a moment before responding. “Well, it does have bacon in it, which is a pretty strong scent. Maybe he smelled it when you were heating it up and just assumed?”

“Yeah, maybe,” she agreed. “But he’s always done things like that. Like when I came home earlier, I was crying. And somehow, he seemed to know. Normally, he just waits for me to come inside, but as soon as I pulled up, he came out to get me.”

“Maybe he saw you from the window?” Gabriella offered.

I groaned internally, suddenly realizing what she was doing. She was covering for me. She did know it was me, and now that she realized my housemate didn’t know my secret, she was helping me hide it.

Dammit! I already liked her a lot, at least physically. Why did she have to start covering for me? I mean, it was what I both wanted and needed, but now it was like we had our own little secret. I groaned again at the thought.

‘Dammit, dammit, dammit. You can’t be with her,’ I chastised myself. ‘She’ll make you transform every two seconds for the rest of your life!’

I’d already long since realized that being with someone wouldn’t be an option for me, but it wasn’t like I was lonely. I had Serenity after all, and as far as I was concerned that was all I needed. Granted, there were a lot of complications that came with that arrangement.

For one, what was I supposed to do if she ever finally got a boyfriend?

I’d been lucky that she’d put it off for so long, despite the fact that she was twenty-three and objectively hot, with her instead focusing on making sure that life was stable for us by not having random men in the house. But I knew it might happen eventually, especially when she realized she didn’t have to bring them home, and could instead go to their place.

Just the idea made me feel conflicted in so many ways.

Being completely honest, I would probably end up feeling jealous if she dated, though I knew I had no right to, especially with the age gap.

However, it was much more complicated than that, with a strange desire in me almost wishing she would date.

Why?

Honestly, because there was a shameful part of me that wanted to hear her fuck. And then there was an even more shameful part of me that wanted to be the one fucking her. Obviously, if I could really choose, then I’d pick the second option, but I knew that was never going to happen in a million years.

Or at least, it felt like it would be a miracle to have my significantly older friend actually be able to view me as more than that, more than a friend, considering we’d known each other for so long and we’d gone through so much in the last five years.

The platonic way she felt about me was probably already set-in-stone, and would likely never change. If anything, she’d probably be sincerely weirded out if she knew how I felt deep down.

Which meant I could almost live vicariously if she dated, especially with my heightened senses.

At the very least, I felt like listening to her fuck was definitely better than nothing, although I was aware of the fact that I’d probably feel miserable and jealous once I’d jerked off.

But I knew I shouldn’t even want that, or even think about it. And with Gabriella? I couldn’t have her either, even if she somehow decided she was okay with the fact that I wasn’t human. I shouldn’t even hope for such a thing, because the devastation that would come, when things didn’t work out, would be unbearable.

Feeling annoyed and defeated now from my own dejecting thoughts, I ran back to my room to grab my earbuds, so that I could try to ignore their conversation. Technically, I could still hear what they were saying if I concentrated, but I had gotten fairly decent at ignoring all the external stimuli bombarding my mind every day. I then gathered the large blanket I planned on using and headed down the stairs.

Both Serenity and Gabriella stopped talking when they heard me, and my housemate called out my name, but I ignored her.

Turning on the lamp sitting on the small table on one side of the couch, I plopped down on the soft cushions and got comfortable. Getting my earbuds in, I then turned up the volume as loud as I could tolerate with my sensitive ears and tried to settle in for the night. I was able to successfully ignore them for about ten or fifteen minutes, but then I heard someone walk up to me from behind the couch.

Quickly sniffing the air, I relaxed when I caught Serenity’s comforting scent.

“Kai,” she said. “I’m going to take a shower, and then head to bed. Can you please be nice to Gabriella? She’s been through a lot.”

Without turning down the volume, I waved my hand to acknowledge her. “I used up all the hot water. Sorry,” I said sincerely. “It might be warm enough now for a few minutes of heat, but you may have to wait another half hour.”

“Oh.” She paused, not seeming upset. “Then, I’ll just make sure Gabriella can rinse off first. I can take one in the morning.”

‘No, no, no! Don’t tell me that, Ren!’ Suddenly, all I could see in my mind’s eye was Gabriella naked in the shower, imagining her heavy unsupported breasts as water ran across her large nipples, her otherwise thin body exposed, vulnerable, wet…

Shit! I was a virgin if I’d ever known one!

I quickly covered my head with the blanket as I felt my hair begin to turn white. “Sure,” I replied quickly, wanting to get rid of her now. “I really am sorry about the hot water. I put plenty of blankets and pillows on my bed for her. Please make sure she feels at home.”

I could tell Serenity was surprised by my sudden hospitality, but I already regretted my own words. My hair was definitely white now, since I finally registered that Gabriella was going to be spending the night in my blankets, cuddling with my pillow. I knew the scent she left behind wouldn’t leave my bed for at least a week…hopefully longer.

Dammit! I was cutting it way too close! My housemate was right there, and I was actively transforming!

I pulled the blanket more tightly against my head. I knew she probably wanted to ask about my odd behavior, feeling like her deep brown eyes were watching me carefully, but she finally sighed and then wished me goodnight.

I then heard two sets of footsteps walk up the stairs and found myself unable to ignore them any longer. Serenity took Gabriella to her bedroom and let her pick out a set of pajamas to wear – I realized they must not have stopped by Gabriella’s apartment, instead coming straight here after being questioned by the police.

I wondered what Serenity’s boss thought when they found out she had been the first one at the scene. Granted, who could blame her? Still, I wouldn’t be surprised if she got reprimanded for it, which was likely a small price to pay in Serenity’s eyes.

She’d lose her job entirely if it meant saving someone she cared about.

Gabriella picked out a set of pajamas and then was led to the bathroom, so she could take a shower. Serenity warned her about the hot water, to which Gabriella offered to let her friend shower instead. But Serenity politely declined, lying by saying that she normally took showers in the morning anyway. Gabriella thanked her, closed the door, and then quickly undressed while the water warmed up.

I tried to focus on the music again, attempting to pick out all the subtle differences in the beat, only to sit up abruptly when I realized Gabriella was crying. I pulled out my earbuds entirely to listen to her carefully over the sound of the running water. She was sobbing quietly, although she didn’t seem to be out of control like she had been in the woods. I wondered if the warm water was just helping her relieve some of her stress…

I hoped it wasn’t because of me. Had I been too rude after all?

Carefully homing in on her scent, I sifted through the smell of bacon, potatoes, wood, carpet, paint, cotton, water, shampoo…happy. She was happy, or least significantly relaxed. Similar to fear, I’d looked it up once, wanting to understand why people had a certain scent when they were happy. It was most likely due to a hormone called oxytocin, as well as another few creating the right combination. The higher the level, the stronger the scent, and it was exceptionally strong from her right now. I realized she was likely getting a rush of it in her blood, now that she was safe behind a locked door away from anything dangerous.

Deciding I couldn't resist listening anymore, I pulled the blanket over the top of my head to hide my re-whitening hair and remained sitting up on the couch. I then pulled my knees up to my chest, resting my chin on them, and wrapped the blanket around so that only my face and bare toes were showing.

I’d been right about the hot water. After a few minutes, I could smell that the moisture in the air had cooled slightly – oddly enough, water smelt a little different depending on the temperature – and then I could hear Gabriella pick up the pace. Barely a minute later, and she turned the water off and got out, quickly drying off. I then heard her stand still for a few minutes, and began wondering what she was doing.

Thinking about it from her point of view, I suspected she might be examining her bruised body in the mirror.

I heard her make a few odd noises, sounding pained, and wondered if she was touching her darkening skin to see how sensitive it was in various spots. She then began getting dressed, and I was unexpectedly shocked by the sound the fabric made as it slid over her skin.

Suddenly, I was very concerned about what she had picked out from my housemate’s selection. Most of Serenity's pajamas were made of cotton or something else soft – she liked to be comfortable. And since she hadn't ever really gotten serious with anyone, I knew she didn't have anything to impress a boyfriend…especially since I’d snooped plenty of times.

Yet, I was confident Gabriella was putting on something made of silk or satin. Had it been pajamas that Serenity only bought recently? And if so, why? I couldn’t imagine that she’d had them for a while.

Either way, the skin down my neck and spine had already turned dark gray, and I felt myself blushing as I listened to Gabriella make her way to my room above me – the unmistakable soft swishing sound accompanying her every move. I was so conflicted again, partially because I wanted to see Serenity in those pajamas.

Dammit, when did she get them?

I sighed heavily as Gabriella began readjusting the blankets and pillows on my bed. I was glad at least the shower part was over. I kind of felt like a creep listening in on her, but it was extremely difficult to help it when my senses were so sensitive. I would have to go out of my way to avoid it, and even then it could be difficult.

Trying not to think again about her being wrapped up in my blankets, in my bed, clothed in silky pajamas, I focused on the other noises outside of the house, listening to an owl far off in the distance. Slowly my graying skin turned back to normal.

However, just as my hair was beginning to return to its normal color, I noticed footsteps at the top of the stairs. They hesitated, before quietly making their way down, step-by-step, the unmistakable swooshing accompanying them.

I wondered if Gabriella was still hungry, coming down to raid the kitchen, although that thought didn't stop my hair from shifting back to snow white. I rested my forehead on my knees to hide my flushed face as I listened to the footsteps reach the last step.

She hesitated again, and I listened carefully to see what direction she went.

Her heart was racing.

 

Copyright © 2020 Kaizer Wolf

Thanks for reading! Advanced chapters can be read at Patreon.com/KaizerWolf

Currently, at the time of posting this part, I'm up to Chapter 37 and the $2 tier has access up to Chapter 31, which is equivalent to 3 full-length books worth of content.

96