Chapter 17-1: My Hot Housemate Thinks I’m Moving Too Fast
1.9k 4 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The month-long hiatus was not anticipated, and I had no idea how busy I would be, or for how long. I had a lot of things pop up, and so I barely had time to keep my Patreon updated. Hopefully I'll be able to resume a more consistent release schedule.

I will probably release 1 part per day moving forward, averaging 4 to 6 parts per week, though that might vary, of course.

Hope you're enjoying the story!

If you want to drop me a small tip on Patreon, I'd certainly appreciate it.

And if you know someone else who might enjoy this story, please share it with them :-)

Copyright © 2020 Kaizer Wolf

Originally Published: October 31, 2020

Submitted on Scribblehub: June 25, 2021

 

Innocent Devil's Harem | Chapter 17-1: My Hot Housemate Thinks I’m Moving Too Fast

After Serenity’s agreement to ‘share me’ with my girlfriend – technically fiancé, since we’d sort of just jumped straight into the deep end – the three of us all fell into a short awkward silence, before I cleared my throat and excused myself to take a shower, so we could head to the bank.

Normally, under different circumstances, I might have used the opportunity to jerk one out while I had the chance, to ensure I was level-headed while out in public, but right now I was far from horny.

Instead, I was nervous as fuck.

Scared too, if I was being honest.

Because what if my best friend changed her mind?

I mean, all this just seemed too good to be true, and I felt like at any moment Serenity might slam on the figurative brakes and suggest she couldn’t go through with it. But then again, I was almost glad we weren’t crossing the line physically first, like we almost did earlier that morning, because it would really hurt to go too far, only for her to then change her mind after we’d fucked.

Or after we’d at least done oral, or something.

So I knew it was better to let her sit on the idea for a while, maybe sleep on it too, before we let it go beyond where we currently were.

However, I also had another problem.

Being this nervous made it difficult to look normal, prompting me to realize I needed to change my mindset and focus on something else. Thankfully, I was able to do it, but it was only through letting the lingering depression to set in, that I managed.

A somberness that came with the fear of being let down.

When I finally got out of the shower, seeing that Gabriella had changed into one of Serenity’s black t-shirts, which almost didn’t fit her because of how busty my fiancé was, both of them knew something was up. However, when they asked, I just shook my head.

“We ready?” I wondered simply.

They both hesitated before nodding, following me down the stairs as I went to go collect my wallet, phone, and keys, before heading out the door. Similarly, my housemate grabbed her black leather purse and followed after us. Outside, when I opened the driver’s door of my silver car to climb in, I was a little surprised when Gabriella offered for Serenity to sit up front with me, only for her to decline and say that she could sit up front instead.

Gabriella hesitated then, before looking at me. “Kai, which would be easier on you?”

That gave Serenity pause, speaking up before I could answer. “Wait, are you worried about him transforming, or something?”

Gabriella nodded. “Yeah, that’s part of it. I just want everything to go smoothly, and I’m pretty sure it’s a little stressful for him to keep it together when he’s around me. Plus, I really don’t mind taking the backseat, although I admit I’m not sure if it would help.”

I finally spoke up. “If you really don’t mind Gabriella, it would probably be a little easier if she sat next to me.”

Really, I just kind of wanted my best friend to be at my side, afraid that showing signs that I had preference for Gabriella would mess things up.

My fiancé focused on me, nodding confidently. “It really is fine, Kai,” she said, moving to the rear door to climb into the back.

My housemate met my gaze for a second, before giving me a tiny sympathetic smile and following suit, popping open the passenger’s side door to climb in.

Once we were all buckled, and I began backing the car up, Serenity glanced back at Gabriella to give her a similar smile, glancing down briefly before turning her head partway.

She then froze solid, looking back and down a second time.

“What is that?” Serenity asked seriously, her deep brown eyes wide.

I was just in the middle of stopping to shift into drive, glancing back myself, realizing that Gabriella had her hands on her knees, a brand-new engagement ring in plain sight on her finger.

Serenity quickly looked back at me before Gabriella could formulate a response.

“Wait, Kai, you already asked her to marry you? You’re engaged?”

“Sorry,” Gabriella blurted out. “I know it’s fast, but I’ve never been so sure about someone before.”

Serenity stared at her in disbelief. “Okay, I get it, but you guys just started dating!”

I took a deep breath, pushing on the gas to begin heading down the driveway. “We can make another trip to the jewelry store,” I said quietly. “I’ll get you anything you want, Ren.”

She gawked at me, putting her hand on my arm. “Wait, stop.”

I looked at her in confusion, slowing down about a dozen feet from the road. “What?” I asked seriously.

She took a deep breath, taking her hand back as she glanced forward at the gravel driveway. “Kai…” She sighed, focusing on me, her tone somber. “First of all, you don’t need to rush all this. It’s okay to take things slower. And second, you can’t marry two people Kai.”

“I disagree,” Gabriella chimed in, causing us both to look back at her, prompting her to elaborate. “I mean, obviously he can’t marry two people legally, but what really is marriage? Think about how they did it thousands of years ago. Nowadays you just have to go to the courthouse and sign a piece of paper, but back then they didn’t have that.” She paused, only to repeat her first question. “So then, what really is marriage?”

I turned forward to think about it, deciding to press on the gas again, while my housemate kept her gaze on me as she considered it.

After a minute, once we were on the road, my best friend finally spoke up. “I guess…” She sighed. “I guess you have a point. Marriage boils down to a lifelong commitment.” She glanced back at Gabriella. “And really the reason why the government doesn’t allow someone to marry multiple people is for tax reasons, since people could abuse the tax laws that way.”

“Oh. I didn’t know that was a part of it,” Gabriella admitted. “But that’s exactly what I’m saying. Honestly, I already feel like I’m married to Kai.” She scoffed. “I mean, what’s signing a piece of paper going to do? We could have easily done that yesterday too. And it’s not going to change how I feel, whether we do or don’t. Not to mention, someone could just as easily sign when they didn’t really have their heart in it.”

Serenity took a deep breath, finally sitting forward in her seat. “Well, I don’t think I could wear a ring,” she admitted. “I’d get too many questions at work about who the guy was.”

I spoke up again. “I could get you something more simple if you want,” I offered, sincerely desperate to take that step with her – to make it feel like this was really going to happen, instead of being afraid she’d change her mind. “And you could wear it on your right hand,” I added.

“Or just your middle finger on your left hand,” Gabriella said in agreement. “Whatever works best for you.”

Serenity sighed heavily. “This is all just so fast. I honestly can’t even believe I’m seriously considering it.”

Considering it?” I repeated, my depression obvious in my voice.

Serenity focused on me in surprise, before seeming somber herself. “Kai, it’s not that I don’t want to. It’s just a really big deal. Like, I might lose my job if people found out, even if we technically aren’t doing anything illegal. And even if I didn’t lose my job, I’d lose all respect from my coworkers. No doubt the guys at work would probably start treating me like a slut.” She scowled then, clearly frustrated at the idea. “No doubt I’d get under-the-breath comments wondering why I won’t sleep with them if I’m so slutty that I’d sleep with the guy I’ve been living with, and been taking care of, all this time.”

“Isn’t that harassment though?” I asked seriously.

She nodded with a frown. “Of course it is. But that won’t stop them from doing it and denying it later.” She scoffed. “They would never let themselves be overheard. And while I’d like to think that most of the guys I work with are decent, I’ve seen signs that it might turn out like that if they found out. They’d at least call me a slut for sure.”

“You’re not a slut,” Gabriella said firmly. “And no one has to know,” she added. “Besides, it’s not like you’re going to stop being good friends just because you become more romantically involved. Like, he’s still the same person you’ve lived with all this time. That will always be your relationship, whether you’re married or not. And whether it’s recognized by the government or not. You’re still best friends, and in many ways, I feel like that is more important than every other relationship either of you have.”

Serenity shook her head in disbelief, focusing straight ahead. “Gabriella, I really don’t understand why you’re okay with this. I mean, how are we even supposed to live our lives from now on? Like, are you wanting to move in? And how do we do sleeping arrangements?”

When Gabriella didn’t respond right away, my housemate glanced back at her.

My fiancé shrugged. “It’s a lot to consider,” she agreed. “And honestly, I wouldn’t mind moving in. I’ll even pay rent if you want. But I’d rather us all be in this together, and figure it out together, instead of making sure it’s ‘easy enough’ before making it official.”

Serenity faced forward again, mumbling, “I wouldn’t make you pay rent,” under her breath. She was then quiet for a few minutes, glancing at me. “I guess let’s stop someplace so I can go in and get my ring sized, and then go someplace else so you can pick out a ring.”

“Really?” I said hopefully.

She nodded, seeming more confident now, her tone gentle. “Yeah, really. I think my hesitation just comes from making this transition to you going from being a person I can’t date, to now being someone I can date. But Gabriella is right. We are first and foremost best friends, romance or not, and there’s nothing actually wrong with us being together as adults.”

“But what if you don’t like what I get?” I wondered, referring to the fact that she implied I would pick something out without her being there. “Are you sure you don’t want to at least take pictures or something to give me an idea?”

She shook her head. “I already feel uneasy about the possibility of being seen by someone I know, even if it’s unlikely. I’d rather just do it quick.” She then abruptly focused on me, her expression apologetic. “And I’ll love anything you get me, Kai. Just nothing too flashy. Like, maybe even just go for a simple wedding band.”

I pursed my lips as I considered that. “Maybe I could get you something a little nicer, and you could just say you got a family ring cleaned or something.”

Serenity was pensive. “Yeah, actually that could work. I could say it was my mom’s old ring, and if I’m wearing it on my middle finger, or even my right hand, then I don’t think anyone would assume it was an engagement ring.” She focused on me again. “I would still prefer it not be too flashy though. Really, I don’t mind. Simple is better.”

“What about a wedding band that has small diamonds all around it?” I wondered, recalling seeing a few such rings at the store when we got Gabriella’s ring.

Serenity thought about it for a second. “Yeah, that could work. I’ve seen girls wear rings like that on their middle, index fingers, and even thumbs before. And if someone realizes it’s a wedding band, then I still have the family heirloom excuse.”

“Sounds good,” I replied, feeling sincerely relieved now.

 

Copyright © 2020 Kaizer Wolf

Patreon: Chapter 17 >>

Thanks for reading! You can read over 70 parts (20 full-length chapters) at Patreon.com/KaizerWolf for only $2.

Currently, at the time of posting this part, I'm up to Chapter 44 and the $2 tier has access up to Chapter 37, which is roughly 70 parts ahead of here, since each chapter is divided into 3 to 5 parts.

33