Chapter 2 – Retribution.
4k 11 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**

  

  

The village of 'Isshonisumu'. This small village stood tall for more than a century, small yet ancient. It's just a simple village with no walls or fences surrounding it and Nobody cared for it much cause they all believed that It was of no concern. So why, why is the village on fire right now... Half of the houses are on fire, dead bodies scattered throughout the village, men, women and children alike! Their blood Drowing river's. Why is this happening? How is this happening?? Who did this??? Amongst the chaos one of my questions are answered when I here someone shout out...

" Kill everyone, don't let anyone of these demons escape. The prince has declared so!! "

      

Prince... Wait that crest. I recognize it. Two swords together crossing a golden shield! That's the royal families crest. Why did the kingdom of 'Noaa' a human kingdom suddenly attack this village? There's so much I don't know and understand!! I try to sneak around towards the sound of sword clashing each other. 

I built my cabin a bit farther from the village for peace and quiet but now I'm glad I did that otherwise I would have Ended up the same way as the villages. Looking around at the lifeless bodies I see Demi's but mostly human ones all brutally cut down some missing heads, some missing the lower half of their body. I'm on the verge of throwing up my dinner when I'm stopped at the site of the dead bodies that belonged to my father and brother...

    

    

    

    

*Vomiting* *Vomiting*

My last mental fortitude was shattered! I puked out my dinner, my lunch and breakfast all at once... looking at their bodies all mangled up! Their insides scattered outside for all to see. I can hardly recognise them, but what made me sure was their heads savered from the bodies stare at me with those dead eyes a fare distance from their mangled up bodies. After my mental breakdown I snap back to reality and the situation at hand. Realization dawn on me that mothers body's nowhere to be seeing!! 

I turn to look at fathers and brothers faces one last time. lots of emotions swell up in me but I can't help but feel a strong sadness. Which is ironic as I should be happy! I should be celebrating! I shouldn't feel like this?  Why?  why?? after all they did to me, after all the suffering they caused me, why do I feel like this? I feel a wetness on my face. Bringing my hand up I feel tears streaming down... I silently sob not understanding why? Turning around.

    

"Goodbye father, brother..."

I whisper under my breath before I countinue forward. After dodging a fare amount of fighting and killing I hear a scream that is all to familiar to me.

"Mother...?"

I mouthed before sprinting towards the scream ignoring all the sword clashes and other humans trying to stop me. When I finally reach the scream I'm both mad and mortified from what I'm seeing. Two men holding mother to the ground while another pulled her hair back while groping her chest. Anger swells up in me, and I'm not sure why or when, but I sprint towards them while bending down to grab a bloodied up sword from the ground. 

I reach them before anyone even have time to react. Swinging my sword I cut through the head of the man pulling her hair. The other two are frozen with fear and confusion in their eyes. I look down to also see the relief and confused eyes of my mother. Ignoring her I trust my sword forward, impaling another through his chest! The last man seemed to react then seeing his two comrades die before his eyes but it was already too late for him. Pulling my sword out I rapidly swing it at him. Unable to dodge he puts his two arms at front in a desperate way of blocking my sword but alas the poor man's arms get cut off. 

     

"AAaaaaaaaaaaaaa..."

His screams muffled by the fire's and many others screams. Swinging my sword hopefully for the last time, cutting of his head putting him out of his misery. Finished with the onslaught I grab and pull mother up.

"W-why..."

I hear her mutter under her breath but ignoring it I bring her closer to my arms. Also ignoring her sobing I princess carry her and start running towards my small cabin. 

    

    

    

    

"AAA... Fuck! "

I cry out feeling something wedged in my shoulder. I winced when I saw a arrow head sticking out.

    

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck you__"

I swear to no one in particular. Looking down at mother, I can see the frightened expression she's showing from seeing the arrow. Finally reaching my cabin. Putting mother down I look back only to have two men a few meters away chasing after us into this direction. DAMN...

I had a bag full of supplies for two days all prepared for tomorrow's journey but... Fuck it. Going inside my cabin I grab said bag and hand it to mother.

     

"Here, take this Isabella... It's not much but there's two days worth of food and water. Take it and run towards that direction and you will come across some help eventually."

I said pointing towards east of the village away from the village and forest.

With shacking hands she grabs the bag.

    

"W-why? Why are you doing this Tomas? After all we did to you!! A-after what I said to you. W-why?"

I look at her,

" Haha... Even I don't know the reason. Just go, go know! run, and never look back. I wish you well M-mother."

I see tears stream down her eyes presumably for what she's done and said to me all those years ago. She must also be heartbroken watching her family die like that. Without another word she runs towards the derection Which I pointed at tears still streaming down her eyes. The path which she took is cowered by tall trees so I'm not worried about her being spotted. I see the men still chasing me. with a smug smile on my face,

      

"You fucking assholes over here!"

I shout out bringing their attention towards me. Knowing they would chase me I turn towards the so called dangerous forest' which presumably a demon lord resides in. Taking one more look at the direction mother ran. My eyes begins to water but I smile knowing she would be safe and sprint towards the forest...

   

    

    

    

    

NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR.

Thank you for reading.

See you all in the next chapter...

Bye, darling...

82