Chapter 6- I’ll go
342 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hah hah hah," Ella sat upright, drenched in sweat. She felt something trickling down her face, she felt it with her hands. It was blood.

All of a sudden  she felt a tremendous amount of pain. She curled up and yelped.

Ithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurtsithurts...

The pain subsided after what seems an eternity. "Owwwww," she whimpered.

"... I thought was gonna die."

 She raised her blanket, "I'm gonna have to change sheets."

But what the hell was that!? She looked at her bloodied hands. What the hell is this!? What the hell happened!?

"Can someone please tell anything?" She complained.

"..."

Of course not, damn it.

She sighed, "Let's clean up first. It's not like I can do anything."

She got up and took the sheets outside and washed them.

"Tsk, I hope they don't leave stains."

After washing, she hanged the sheets to dry.

Ah, a stain. She sighed.

She was about to head back inside when he saw someone syanding restlessly to the side. It was the captain.

"Uh.Is-is it... that time of the month?" He whispered.

"When did you get here?" Ella smiled.

"Uh. Jus-just now? Ahahaha," the captain laughed awkwardly.

"Hooooooohhh. And?" She glared at him, still smiling.

"O- ah. I'm here to, uh- You know what? Let's talk at the post. See 'ya!" The captain ran.

"..."

Ella went inside and slam the door shut.

... ... ...

"Where's the captain?" Ella said as she entered the guard's post.

"Uhhh... He went out just a moment ago. Did something happened? You look like shit," Greta replied. She sitting on a desk.

"Nothing really." "Ooooookay..."

"When's he coming back? He said we needed to talk."

"Ooohhh, so that's why?"

"What? What why?"

"He said I should inform you for some reason."

"About what?"

Greta took out a letter, "The priestess wanted someone to deliver this letter to the Grand Monastery in the Academy. The captain said he'd persuade you into going."

"Well? Where is he?"

"He also said you can refuse if you don't want to."

"... It's fine, I'll go."

Greta stared at her.

"What?" Ella asked.

"I thought you'd think about it," Greta replied.

"Good! When will you depart?" a voice below Greta interrupted them. It was the captain.

Ella stared at him in replied.

"E-ella?"

Ella stared at the captain, then sighed, "Tomorrow."

"So soon?" Greta said.

"The sooner I go, the better right? If this letter is quite important.."

"You're right. I also sent a request to the Adventurer's Guild to provide an escort. If someone's gonna accept it," the captain answered.

I really don't want to associate with them. "Are they coming here or do I have to meet them at the capitol?"

"You'll have to go there. Procedures."

"Oh okay. Is that all?"

"I believe so, yeah. Here, this will identify you as the requestor" the captain handed Ella a badge. It has a simple design, a sword and a hammer crossing. A shield behind them.

"I'll go and pack up then," she asked.

"Of course! Of course!" The captain laughed. Ella looked at him sideways, before going out.

The captain sighed.

"Did you do something?" Greta asked him.

"Oh yeah. Inform the guild that we an escort by tomorrow." The captain ordered.

".... They're not gonna do a thing but alright," Greta sat on her desk and wrote on apiece of paper before stamping it.

... ... ...

Ella looked at the bag on top of the table, "..."

I don't have that many clothes, huh.

She looked around, "Let's clean. And store things."

She entered her room and started from there. 

"Ah, the sheets." Ella went outside and got the hanged sheets before stowing them in her room.

By the time she was finished, it was late in the afternoon.

"Okay, done," Her stomach rumbled. She looked at the kitchen. It was empty.

To the guard's post.

=====

(A Different P.O.V.)

The same day, in the capitol.

An old man entered the adventurer's guild branch. His hair was grey with a streak of white here and there reaching his lower back. His long beard reaching his stomach. He was wearing a brown worn out cloak, and a brown pointy hat. He was holding a black wooden staff, a sheathed sword strapped on his waist.

Upon entering, he went straight to the billboard plastered on the wall.

"Finding a lost cat... the Underpass... orcs encampment... ah, Escort to the Academy," he took a piece of paper out the billboard.

"Excuse me, young man. I would like to accept this request please," he walked to an idle receptionist.

"Of course. Can I have badge?"

The old man took out a badge and gave it to the receptionist. The badge had a sophisticated A engraved on it.

The receptionist took out a round piece of wooden board, with an orb embedded on it. He placed the badge above it. The orb glowed, and engravings on the board appeared, a magic circle.

The orb dimmed and the receptionist returned the badge to the old man.

"You have successfully received the request. The requestor has yet to update us so please be on standby," the receptionist informed him.

"Thank you," the old man walked out of the building.

"Now then, how do I pass my time?"

6