Chapter 14 – First Battle
596 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With our raincoats on, Konan and Yuki and I headed out of the cave towards somewhere that had unsuspecting ninjas so we could get some exposure and unlock one of the breathing techniques.

I had talked about this with Konan before and as long as they are criminal ninjas or ninjas that we consider worth killing, there would be no problem killing them to strengthen ourselves.

We haven't tested this option yet, but it is likely that we will be able to share our exp when we are getting stronger, so we will both work together to kill as many ninjas as possible on our own without relying on Yuki's help.

The fairy obviously doesn't know about the system and probably only Konan will know about it for the time being. So that she wouldn't suspect something, we said we wanted to gain more experience in battle.

Of course, this is no lie since we only fight each other in training, so the more fighting experience we have, the better. We don't know how to use ninjutsu and we only have our kenjutsu and strength for now so we have to accumulate as much battle experience as possible to compensate for our weakness.

Putting all this together, we have come to the conclusion that Amegakure is the best place we have to strengthen ourselves while we have not decided which village we would join.

We continued wandering for a few hours through the lands of Amegakure. Compared to when I was running for my life in despair, now I am much calmer and with each house we pass I realize that this land is extremely poor. Apparently Hanzo of the salamander really neglects his own people, I guess that fact hasn't changed compared to the story I saw.

Night came and as a way to take shelter we had Yuki create an igloo for the two of us in a forest to take shelter and we slept. As strange as it sounds, Yuki manages to make her ice not generate so much cold for both of us and still not melt because of the rain.

I thought Yuki didn't need to sleep because she's a fairy created by Hamura, but she sleeps and eats just like every other living being. So, I decided to activate the alarm mode Nv.1 and we went to sleep on the strangely comfortable ice floor.

----------------------------//----------------------------

It has only been 1 day since we slept in the forest and finally saw a message from the system.

[2 genin ninja and 1 chunin ninja are coming towards you and are 90 meters away]

we find three ninjas coming together in our direction. They are probably here to find us since we can't hide our chakra and we are stronger too.

"Can you take care of the 2 genins together?" I asked Konan and Yuki.

"Maybe, but are you sure you can take care of a chunin by yourself?" asked Konan.

"Maybe, I'm close to the level of a chunin anyway. So, when you two are done come help me too" I replied.

"All right, be ready dwarf fairy!" said Konan.

"WHO'S THE DANNY YOUR NINICA!?" shouted Yuki.

"Let's go!" I said as I stepped out of the igloo we were in and jumped into the trees to try to catch them by surprise.

(3rd person POV)

"They are further ahead, but I don't know their exact position, so stay alert" said a chunin from Iwagakure to the two Genins under his command.

They were after 2 genin level ninjas who were lurking near their hiding place. The stronger ninja appeared to be over 20 years old, while the other two were close to 15. Their main mission was to find a small village that is suitable to raid it and loot the supplies.

Usually in these small villages there were only civilians, so only a single team of ninjas was needed to be able to dominate and kill everyone without much resistance.

The three ninja kept following until suddenly a Kunai came flying towards the chunin leader's head. The Iwa ninja was quick and managed to bounce back, but soon after a boy jumped out of the tree while spinning vertically with his sword in his hands, aiming at the middle of the chunin ninja's body.

*Klang*

The Chunin reacted in time and hit the kunai head-on with the sword. But the sword was sharper, broke the kunai and grazed the left shoulder of the Chunin who narrowly managed to dodge the fatal attack.

"GET IN FORMATION!!!" shouted the chunin to the other two genins who were clueless as to what to do due to the shock of their commander almost being killed by a ninja who was supposed to be easy for them to deal with.

"You shouldn't get distracted fighting me" said Hiro to the chunin.

Hiro advanced again towards the ninja chunin who was holding his wounded shoulder. At that very moment the two genin ran towards Hiro to hit him head on, but ice spears appeared at high speed between the trees and hit the two genin who were distracted running towards Hiro.

A spear hit Genin 1's arm causing a deep bruise, but still not enough to take him out of the battle, and another spear pierced Genin 2's leg and made him fall to the ground in shock from the sudden strong pain.

(Hiro's Fight)

Seeing that he should no longer worry about the two Genins, Tsuna continued to run toward the chunin ninja.

"tsk" the ninja clicked his tongue.

The ninja ran further into the forest and away from his group to face Hiro alone. Of course, Hiro followed him because he didn't know if he would call for reinforcements or not, so he put his katana back in his belt to run faster and chased after him.

They both ran for a few meters, until they came down from the trees and landed on flat ground surrounded by the forest trees. It was a flat ground surrounded by trees and very little rain fell on it, so there were few mud puddles.

The next moment the ninja pulled two shurikens from inside a bag that was around his waist and threw them toward Hiro.

Seeing this futile attempt to get him hurt or just buy time, Hiro leaned down and to the side and dodged the two shurikens. After dodging he looked at the ninja and he was making one-handed seals.

"Doton: Dangan no Jutsu"

After saying this he stretched his arm forward and a large rock formed in front of his hand and soon after it was thrown towards Hiro. He didn't have enough reaction time and, in his attempt, to dodge it, the rock managed to hit a part of his left leg.

'CRAP! I was careless because I thought he wouldn't make one-handed seals' thought Hiro.

It was at this point that Hiro received the notification.

[due to the death of a genin ninja: 7 Exp points were acquired]

[Due to the effect of the title {Land Defender} the points were doubled to 14].

Upon seeing this notification, a small smile formed on Hiro's lips and he thought 'Soon she must be here, so I can't stay behind at this moment.

Then Hiro concentrated his chakra on his feet as he put his hand on the handle of his Katana and a kind of steam came out of his mouth.

He ignored the pain in his feet and concentrated all his chakra on them to move at insane speed and deliver a fatal blow using a iaijutsu move.

The Iwa ninja saw this suspicious movement and armed his guard with a single arm, since his shoulder was too injured to use it now.

'From the speed at which he followed me, his speed must not be greater than mine so I just need to defend myself and deflect his attack' thought the Iwa ninja.

"Kiritsuke" as he said this Hiro moved forward in a burst of speed thanks to his chakra acceleration and as he came face to face with the ninja, he unsheathed his Katana and delivered a single horizontal blow to the neck of the chunin ninja who didn't know what happened as he had lowered his guard.

"W-What?" the moment the chunin said that, his head was rolling on the floor.

He had used the 1st form of the thunder breath as inspiration for this move, but still could not use it at any time as he had not trained his chakra acceleration in his muscles enough.

Needless to say, this technique does not even match the speed of the original, but it is enough to fight careless ninjas.

[due to death of a chunin ninja: 30 Exp points were acquired]

[Level 3 has been reached].

"aaaaaaargh what the fuck!" said Hiro

His right leg fortunately was fine, but his left leg was in a worse state than it was hit and now has a bigger bruise than before.

(Konan and Yuki fight)

After being hit in the leg, Genin 2 quickly recovered and stood up to join Genin 1 who was holding his arm.

"Did you see where that came from?" asked Genin 2.

"I have no idea; I could only see when the spears were already close to us" replied genin 1.

The next moment they saw more ice spears coming their way. Both threw themselves to the side to dodge them, but since Genin 2 had an injured leg he was only able to dodge enough to avoid getting a deep cut.

It was in that simple moment of distraction by Genin 2, that Konan jumped out of the shadows and pierced his heart with her Katana.

"Q-When?" asked Genin 2 with blood dripping from his mouth.

[due to the death of a genin ninja: 7 Exp points were acquired]

[Due to the effect of the title {Defender of the land} the points have been doubled to 14]

At that same instant Konan pulled her Katana back and swept it in the air to clean up the blood. She completely ignored the body of the genin ninja that fell to the ground and directed her gaze to genin 1.

 'Damn! We totally forgot there were 3 people!!!' thought the genin 1

"Yuki, can you take care of him?" asked Konan as she pointed in the direction of the genin.

"A weak worm like that won't be a problem, after all only you and Hiro can see me right now" Yuki said with a wicked smile directed at the genin.

"Okay, I'll go help Hiro now. Don't overdo it," Konan said and immediately ran in the direction Hiro went with the Chunin of Iwagakure.

"Now I can finally relieve the stress I've had these past few days" Yuki said while keeping a wicked smile on his face and directing his killing intent at the genin.

Konan kept running between the trees while looking at the map that showed Hiro's location. As she was approaching the blue dot, she received a message from the system.

 [due to death of a chunin ninja: 30 Exp points were acquired]

[Level 2 has been reached].

She sighed with relief, but kept running to check if Hiro was okay. When she caught sight of him, she saw that he was fine overall, but there was a cut on his left leg and blood was running down his leg.

"Give me the medical kit!!!" said Konan as she reached Hiro's side.

Hiro was not at all surprised by his girlfriend's reaction, he immediately opened his inventory, took out the first aid kit and handed it to Konan.

Without wasting any more time, she began to disinfect the wound and put gas around it so that it would not get infected.

After that she sighed with relief and calmed down a little. At that very moment she felt a warm hand land on her head "Don't worry so much, I'm still in one piece you know?" Hiro said to her as he pouted at her.

"Just don't use a technique that could cripple you idiot!" she spoke while making an expression of anger mixed with concern.

"I know, but I wanted to show you a cool side of me" Hiro spoke up and at the same moment put his hand on Konan's chin and pulled her in for a kiss.

After a few moments, their lips parted and Konan's face began to blush "I think he's forgiven you for now..." she spoke while giving a slight pout.

These kinds of expressions she made only when it was with Hiro. When it is with anyone else, she shows an expressionless face most of the time and speaks with a cold voice. So, Hiro values these moments of the two of them together very much.

"Did you manage to level up?" Hiro asked.

"I think so" replied Konan.

She then opened her status and showed it to Hiro.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Konan

Race: Human

Age: 12 years

Rank: Genin

Grade: D

Status: Normal

Lv: 2

HP: 17/17

Exp: 24/30

Attack: 16

Defense: 13

Chakra: 20

Agility: 18

Resistance: 16

Acquired breaths:
{basic respiration (94%}

Other Skills:

Paper Manipulation (Kekkei tota); Kenjutsu (intermediate)

Achievements: --

Titles:

[Defender of the land]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(End. 3rd person POV)

 

15