Chapter 15 – Destiny?
628 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After tending to my injuries, Konan showed me her statuses and with that I noticed something important. I opened my status window and noticed that they all increased by 1, while Konan's increased by 3.

So, I thought of the theory that by reaching level 2 we get 3 strength in each attribute, but above that level we will only get 1 point for each status.

So, we can't rely solely on levels to get stronger. We have to focus on learning how to use ninjutsu to improve our techniques and become stronger from that.

"You are closer to me in terms of strength now" I said to Konan.

"I'm glad it will be easier to protect you now" she replied.

"Okay, okay, let's go back to Yuki. I feel sorry for the poor guy who got all the stress from her, I could feel the killing intent from here..." I said

----------------------------//----------------------------

We went back to where Yuki was and after seeing the state of the enemy genin, I once again confirmed that I should not become Yuki's enemy at all.

After restating my rules for survival, I asked Yuki to heal my leg wound and what she said next made me feel powerless for not knowing medical ninjutsu.

"I don't know how to use healing techniques or anything like that, the one who healed your wounds last time was Sona" said Yuki.

"Crap! So, I'll have to keep my leg hurt until Sona comes to see us tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yes, who told you to be reckless? That's your punishment!" said Yuki.

"I'll be sure to learn medical ninjutsu when I get the chance!" I said.

I sat down on the dry ground near a tree and leaned my back against it to relax my sore leg. Konan came to my side and laid her head on my right shoulder while Yuki sat on my left shoulder.

[ALERT!!! 1 ELITE JOUNIN LEVEL NINJA IS APPROACHING]

GOD DAMN IT! DON'T I GET A BREAK?!

Konan also saw the message from the system and immediately stood up. She put her hand on the handle of her Katana and waited until the ninja showed himself. I was trying to get up in time too, but I couldn't get up quickly because of the pain in my leg.

After a few seconds we saw a light-skinned woman of medium height and looking about 18 years old, with brown eyes and blond hair. She was covered with wounds and looked tired.

She jumped down from the tree she was standing on and landed in front of us. We both stared face to face for a few seconds until she let out a sigh and collapsed in front of us.

(Tsunade POV)

"I name them the 3 legendary Sannis of Konohagakure!!! " said Hanzo of the salamander and then immediately turned to leave.

  "Where do you think you're going-"Orochimaru was going to say something, but before he finished, I hit him hard on the head.

"Do you want to die and take us along or what?! We were being humiliated while 'fighting' him and you still want to continue this fight?" I asked.

"But we won't know if you don't fight-" before he could finish his sentence, I interrupted him

"Are you an idiot?! You don't even have the chakra to continue a fight and you want to drag us to our deaths!" I said with an irritated tone.

Me, Jiraya and Orochimaru were 'fighting' Hanzo of the salamander. We were sent here with the mission to repel Amegakure's attack, but we couldn't even make him sweat properly.

Our almost entire squadron was wiped out because of your poison. Jiraya lost consciousness because of the poison and is only still alive because of me. The same thing almost happened to Orochimaru right now and they both made me sacrifice years of life force to keep them alive because of their idiocy of wanting to continue to go head to head against this enemy. They didn't even care how much I was suffering from sacrificing years of life only because of their pride.

And to finish making fun of our faces, he even gives us a nickname just because we didn't die while he was here.

"But..." Orochimaru spoke

"NO MORE, IF YOU WANT TO RUN TO DEATH THEN RUN!!!"

I didn't want to be too hard on him, and I even understand him because I was also made a fool of in this fight, but that doesn't mean that we have to sacrifice ourselves for no reason fighting a battle already lost.

"Carry the wounded to the base!!!" I spoke to the other survivors.

"You carry this other idiot while I go ahead and lead the way," I said to Orochimaru while pointing at Jiraya.

I was still weak from this senseless fighting, but I am the only one conscious so I had to guide survivors and not let anyone die while I could still save.

----------------------------//----------------------------

Now we are halfway to the nearest camp.  Then suddenly we run into ninjas from Kumogakure 'DAMN! Why just at this time we find ourselves with enemy ninjas? Did they already know we were going to pass through here? Was there a traitor who leaked our route?

"SPEAK UP! MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO GET TO THE CAMPUS!" I shouted these orders.

Our best chance to survive here is only if we split up and the enemy doesn't chase all of us. To increase our chance of escape, I have decided to use what little strength I have left to make it difficult for the enemy ninjas.

"We can't abandon you here Tsunade!" spoke Orochimaru.

"That's right Tsunade-sama!" shouted a ninja from Konoha.

"We'll fight alongside you!" another ninja spoke up.

"YOU WILL ONLY BE A NUISANCE!!! SO DON'T WASTE MY EFFORTS AND RUN!!!"

All the ninja in Konoha shut their mouths and bit their lips.

"Orochimaru, the lead is on you!" I shouted at him.

"Okay, don't die!!!" he replied.

'Why didn't this shit think of that when he was trying to go face to death and making me spend years of my vitality?'

I turned to face the Kumo ninja and took a few steps forward, concentrated all my strength in my fist and hit the ground. The ground broke in the direction of the Kumogakure ninja and generated an earthquake below them

"NOW! RUN!!!" I shouted.

They all ran in the opposite direction from the Kumo ninja. I stayed behind to try to slow them down a bit more. I used my last bit of energy to punch the ground again, causing a bigger shockwave than before and making the ground shake for a while.

I took advantage of this moment and started running with all my strength towards the north.

I kept running as fast as I could with my remaining strength. I ran for a few minutes and apparently only a few of them came to follow me. Judging by their chakra levels they are probably Genins, Chunins and a special Jounin.

I kept running and using what little I had of my chakra I performed the shadow clone Jutsu and set them to run in several different directions.

"Chase her she's weak now, so this is our best chance!!!" said the Jounin.

After that I kept running to the East and apparently only 3 ninjas from Kumo managed to follow me. Two of them were genins and one was a chunin.

I kept running until I spotted a forest in the distance. I decided to run into it and confront these ninjas inside, when I entered, I quickly threw exploding shurikens at the trees in places they couldn't see.

When one of the genin passed near one, the explosion erupted and killed that genin. I kept running until I turned in the direction of the chunin, jumped up a tree and threw myself in his direction, kicking him in the stomach and making him fly away dead.

So now there was only one genin left who was quickly finished by me, but my body was on the verge of collapse and I had no more chakra to be able to heal myself.

I kept running into the forest until I felt the chakra of two genin level ninjas. I wasn't sure why, but my instincts told me to go to them, I don't usually trust instincts alone, but I'm already almost falling down from exhaustion so I couldn't think straight.

I ran there and when I finally reached the place, I bumped into a couple of unknown children. The boy was sitting leaning against a tree with one of his legs injured and the girl was standing alert with her hands on the handle of a Katana.

The boy was looking at me with wide eyes. His eyes were bright green like the necklace my grandfather had given me.

I stared back at him, and we stared at each other for a few moments until I let out a sigh of relief that I didn't see a bandana on them. Both of them are probably orphans wandering around here, so at least I won't die or suffer a cruel fate at the hands of ninjas from other villages. I will suffer a just death if it is at the hands of children who have lost their parents because of this senseless war.

And as much as I didn't want to die, I don't have the strength to fight or to escape any further away from them because I am struggling even to stand up.

As if my body was telling me it couldn't do it anymore, I lost all my strength and my consciousness faded away.

(End of Tsunade POV)

 I was really surprised! Who would have thought that in the middle of a forest, right in the middle of nowhere, I would find one of the 3 legendary Sannins and the best medical ninja in the shinobi world lying in front of me.

I think it was around this time that the fight between them and Hanzo happened because she was injured and unconscious. Without wasting much time, I acted to help her and maybe get a favor from her.

"Konan, take this medical kit and start treating the woman's wounds, and Yuki create an igloo to put her inside it. " I spoke with a tone of urgency.

Konan didn't seem to agree with this much, but she didn't question it and took the medical kit I gave her.

I went to her and told her "I know how much you have had to suffer because of the actions of the leaf village, but please trust me. I have a reason for this.

"*long sigh* all right, I trust your decision" Konan said with a slight regret.

Just as I had ordered Konan went to treat Tsunade

Her situation was more serious than she expected, after Konan took off her clothes to sanitize her wounds and bandage them, we saw that she had several wounds all over her body and her chakra reserves were constantly dropping. Her body was getting more and more wrinkled and her appearance became like that of an 80-year-old woman.

I really don't know how they were able to make her use so much life force, but those two Sannins probably only got out of that fight against Hanzo alive because of her.

Her condition was terrible because her body was old and she had four deep injuries that we couldn't treat with the medical kits we have. Her chakra was draining away and her blood was leaking from her body, so if we don't do something, she will definitely die.

I can't get her to join the group because she has to agree to it, so that option is restricted at this point.

"Yuki, don't you have any way to call Sona here?" I asked.

"I can fly there, but by the time I can talk to her the old woman will be dead" Yuki spoke up.

"aaargh, isn't there any way to save her?" I asked myself.

"Actually, it does" Yuki spoke up.

"You do? How?" I asked.

"Through a connection between hearts!" Yuki spoke.

"What?" I asked.

"It is a contract that is made when people want to stay connected even after death. The heart and vitality of the two individuals will be intertwined and should one die, the other will die, but..."

"But?" I asked

"But you alone won't be enough to restore her to her state she was in before..." Yuki spoke

"What do you mean?!" I asked asking her to hurry up.

"The vitality she has lost is too great for a single heart to get it all back, so you and Konan would have to form a bond with her and your vitalities will be shared"

So, this means that if we want to save her, we will be obliged to have a lifelong bond with her, and if she is not careful and dies, the three of us will lose our lives together.

That is basically making us directly hostage to a ninja from the village that Konan hates the most.

"Can we do that without her noticing it in the future?" Konan asked.

I was quite surprised by this. Is she really considering doing this too?

"I don't know, but I don't recommend hiding something so necessary" Yuki said.

"Are you sure you want to do this Konan?" I asked.

"Don't get it wrong Hiro. I didn't forgive Konoha for doing that, but I can't blame all the people in that village just because of a few power-hungry idiots. I don't resent the ninja, but I resent the people who gave those orders. And besides, I trust your decision! "she replied.

Wow, did I mention she is quite mature for her age? Or is she simply very loyal to me?

"You make me prouder every day to be your boyfriend" I said this and pulled her into a short kiss.

"Let's do this soon before I regret it!" she said a little agitated, with a wide smile on her face and a little red.

"You may do Yuki" I gave the order.

"Are you sure master?" she asked.

"Oh? I hardly ever hear you call me that, are you worried by any chance?" I asked.

"I am you idiot!" she spoke with a slightly red face.

"Wow, this is the first time I've ever seen a tsundere be sincere..., but yes, I'm sure" I said.

"Why are you two so insane hein?" Yuki wondered.

Right after that she immediately drew a kind of contract symbol on Tsunade's chest and after that she took some of her blood and dripped it inside the symbol.

"You also have to put a drop of his blood inside the symbol" Yuki spoke up.

Following what she said, we both bit the tip of our thumbs and dripped three drops of blood inside the symbol, and right after that the symbol let out a strong red glow. 

13