Chapter 16 – Clarifications
735 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the red glow reached its peak, it began to slowly fade as a mark was formed on the chest, but specifically where the heart is located, and at the same time this mark was also formed on Konan's chest and mine.

I guess that means that the connection has been finalized. Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, in my head I imagined that we would get older due to the transfer of vitality, but it was the opposite of that. We even seemed to get less tired and my leg injury was healed.

Tsunade's body was also becoming youthful again and her wounds were slowly being healed, but I think she will still remain unconscious for a while.

"Shouldn't we, like...get older?" Konan asked. I had that same doubt too.

"They should, but I think the sword you merged with also helped in that process" Yuki said.

"Does the sword have a conscience?" I asked confused.

"She has a consciousness of her own, but she can't communicate"

"So willingly she helped us?" Konan asked.

"Not exactly. It's more like she has a duty to help you than out of sheer willpower" Yuki said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The weapon is linked to your bodies, so since it will affect both of you it is bound to intervene. That is why I said that your vitality alone could not recover it since you would age to an adult in a single instant. But with the help of the sword you have suffered no apparent changes."

"I think I get it..." I spoke.

So, since it involved both of us, the sword itself had to intervene.

"But it's worth warning that it's not always that she will give you power to help on her own. Sometimes she can get carried away and give you enough power that your body can't handle it and you explode," Yuki said.

"Hmmm, then we'd better not depend on that too much..." I spoke.

After that we take the still unconscious Tsunade and put her inside the igloo. Her situation has already become stable so I think she just needs some rest.

----------------------------//----------------------------

It has only been a few hours since Tsunade arrived and in the meantime 3 more Genins have appeared who were apparently from Kumogakure, but we managed to kill them without too much difficulty.

 I think they were probably following Tsunade's tracks, so we decided to move out of this forest before some ninja too strong for us to face shows up.

She was still unconscious for some reason, so I asked Yuki to create some sort of ice wagon and we put her in it while I pulled the wagon all the way out of the forest.

I don't know whether I should go to a Konoha base and deliver her there or let her wake up on her own and go there herself.

I don't know how the Konoha ninja would react if I showed up at their base with the most famous medical ninja of this war unconscious on a cart.

Even more so because the cart is made of ice. They would think it's a Kekkei Genkai of mine or Konan's and try to take us by force to their village or even kill us to study our bodies.

I can't help but wonder about this possibility since both Konoha and Iwa decided to fight this chaotic war in a land that had nothing to do with their idiotic conflicts for power.

They killed innocent people only to have more resources or set up camps in convenient villages.

If they killed even children who were not even in the middle of the conflict, imagine what they could do to me or Konan if they had an interest in us?

Tsunade could protect us, but we don't know when she will wake up so nothing would stop them from doing something against us without Tsunade knowing anything.

We left the forest and wandered to a location closer to the Konoha base, more specifically where my old village was.

After walking for a few hours, we stopped near a rock formation around here and hid there. Yuki formed another ice igloo and we made it as inconspicuous as possible.

We were roasting a wild boar meat, which we had hunted in the forest, to eat for dinner. Then suddenly we heard a noise.

"Grooo~"

We turned our eyes in the direction of the snoring and saw a confused, embarrassed and hungry Tsunade.

"Hi, the food is almost ready" I spoke as I tried to give a gentle smile.

"Who are you?" She asked agitated and confused.

"You fell unconscious in front of us when we were passing through the forest, so we rescued you"

"But how?! My condition was at a level that only an experienced medical ninja could do anything. How did two children manage that?!" She asked confused.

"Let's just say we have our secrets..." I spoke to her with a mysterious air.

'As much as the secrets are Yuki's and not ours, but she can't see Yuki so it's okay'

"The food is already ready, so do you want to eat?" I asked in a gentle tone.

"Groooo~" another noise arose.

But this time it was not Tsunade's.

"Could you serve this soon?" Yuki asked with a slight blush on her cheeks.

"Okay, okay, I'll serve now" I said.

"How does such a small person exist? And why does she have wings?!" asked Tsunade as she pointed at Yuki.

""Huh?""

My brain stopped working the moment I heard this. How would I explain to anyone about Yuki's existence if she was seen by anyone I passed with!

"Yuki?" I asked her asking for an explanation in an irritated tone.

"What?" she asked as she was eating.

"Why can she see you?!" I asked.

"Huh? What do you mean why? You are linked by body and soul, so obviously she can see me" replied Yuki.

"BOUND BY BODY AND SOUL?! WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME WHILE I WAS DORMING?!?!" asked Tsunade with a desperate expression and an extremely agitated tone.

"Relax, we're not that depraved. We only saved your life and nothing beyond that, but..."

"But?!" she asked in despair.

"Kind of our lives are literally connected to each other, so if one of us both dies, you will die too and vice versa" I spoke while pointing at me and Konan.

"HÃ?!" she shouted and you could see smoke coming out of her head.

"It's better to explain from the beginning..."

I explained everything that happened from the time she fell in front of us until this current moment.

"So, to save my life and regain my vitality, you have linked your hearts with mine and now our lives depend on each other?!"

"" Yes"" me and Konan said at the same time.

 "*sigh* that's a lot to process just like that out of nowhere..."

"We are also concerned about our lives, since apparently you are a suicidal madwoman who throws away your vitality by leaps and bounds" said Konan.

"Really, among the three of us you are the most suicidal these days" I agreed with Konan.

"Why am I taking lectures from two children?"

"Because your life is not only yours now...so be more prudent and don't go throwing your vitality to the wind" I said.

"Argh, I'm a medical ninja so I can't let anyone die while I can save them"

"But doesn't that include you too? If we hadn't saved you you would die alone lying on the ground with no one coming to look for you...I mean, only if you are a Kumogakure ninja infiltrating Konoha" Konan said.

Tsunade did not know how to respond to that statement. She was lost in thought and apparently reflecting Konan's words. But Konan really is right, Tsunade lost a lot at the end of the second shinobi world war.

A clear example of this was the death of his brother Nawaki who was killed because of Konoha's negligence in not having a medical ninja in each squadron. In addition even her lover died in the middle of the battle. The most depressing part of Tsunade's life was that war. 

But lucky for her, I am here to try to prevent that from happening. Also, I will try to somehow keep in touch with her. If the first breath that I learn is flame breathing, then I will try to convince her to let me be a refugee from Konoha.

Wanting to put an end to the tense atmosphere, I said "Well, I think we should introduce ourselves, shouldn't we? We're going to be related for a long time so I think it's nice to get to know each other..." I said

"I will start, my name is Tsuna Hiro, I am from Amegakure and I am 10 years old" I spoke.

"Konan, I'm from Amegakure, 12 years old" said Konan with her inexpressive face and few words.

"My name is Yuki and I am Hiro's servant"

We expected Tsunade to introduce herself, but that didn't happen and the three of us just stared at her.

"well, I'll introduce myself too...My name is Senju Tsunade, I'm from Konohagakure and I'm 18 years old"

One more thing that doesn't agree with the history of my world. At the time of the war Tsunade was over twenty, and she was not that old in her original form.

When we made our connection, the sword helped to restore Tsunade's life force to the maximum thanks to Hamura's chakra and vitality stored within it, and thus making her original appearance 18 years old again, but should she continue in this way Konan and I will suffer as well.

"So...what are we going to do now?" Yuki asked.

"Tsunade-san, I want you to teach us ninjutsu!" I said.

After a moment's thought, she replied "*sigh* I guess I don't have much choice since you can't be weak or else you will be my worst weakness" with clear weariness on her face.

And so, our ninjutsu training will begin, but we didn't even suspect that we had still left tracks in the forest far away from us.

Thanks for read this chapter. Take a look my original novel: Spy Vamp

15