Chapter 5
170 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A large wolf stared at the crowd of people that were slowly coming closer. It let out a howl, one that instilled fear in the weak.

“Don’t stop moving; we can win this!

A man shouted in a deep voice urging the others to continue.

The other wolves howled in response then proceeded to retreat.

Seeing the beast retreating, some people let out a sigh of relief. 

Billy’s arms were sore, but looking around at the plain and all those that were left, he felt grateful. After all, he was a survivor.

This battle was not one without injury or death, but the ones left would grow and evolve.

There were tens of thousands of people around; some may have escaped during all the commotion. From what he could see, there were only a couple thousand left.

The initial attack of the wolves is what killed many people. However, once people realized how easy it was to slay a wolf, the fear they had would be gone.

What Billy did learn from this was that hunting solo provided one with more points than working in a large team. Two wolves for him meant one point, but it wasn't until the fifth wolf that he gained a point working with these people. If he wanted to survive the tutorial, he needed points, but working with a large group may not be the best way to obtain them. A smaller group would work wonders, especially if it were only three or four of them.

A Chinese man approached Billy. He sported a dark blue jacket and some blue jeans.

"Hello, I am Chen Mao. Many know me as 'Clips' in the gaming community. May I know who you are?"

Behind Chen Mao stood another man; this one looked more menacing. If Billy had to compare the two, Mao looked like a high school nerd while the other man looked like a street thug.

He still did not know if everyone started on equal footing or if their stats were distributed differently. Whatever the case may be, he did not want to get too caught up with these two.

"Billy. What do you want? Clearly, you want something seeing how you approached me."

Cutting straight to the chase, Billy stared at Mao, waiting for a reply.

"Yo-"

Mao put up his hand, causing the man behind him to shut his mouth. Seeing this action, Billy could tell that Mao was the one in charge here.

From how he was commanding the people, Mao was skilled. Just because a person is experienced does not always mean their intentions are pure. This is why Billy was vigilant against them, even if he was the one who ran into their group for help.

"You have great insight, Billy. I want to request the sword by your side, and I can see that you are not using it."

Mao stated his intentions clearly, believing that the man in front of him would not be dumb enough to deny him this request.

"Who says I am not using it, though?"

Billy smirked.

"You cannot use two weapons together, especially when they are of different sizes and types."

Billy nodded his head.

"That is true, but I cannot give you the sword, for it is not mine. It is my comrade's blade, but it fell out of his hand during the initial attack. I managed to pick it up for him during the commotion."

Billy explained to him.

Mao's eyes lowered as he listened to Billy's explanation. It did not suit him, but seeing as he was starting to build up his force, he could not commit any wrongdoings yet. There could be a side effect if he did, which may cause him to lose people's trust.

"But, do not get me wrong. I am grateful for your help, so instead, I shall give you this shield. It was taken as an extra measure, yet, I do not see myself using it."

Not wanting to be on Mao's bad side, Billy offered him a shield instead. It was not a weapon, but this way, the man would have some form of protecting himself.

Mao thought about it for a second and agreed. Something was better than nothing. This was just the start; there would be many chances to obtain a weapon. 

After handing the shield to Mao, Billy turned his attention to Chang, who sat on the grass with his arms outstretched.

"How did it go? Are we going with them?"

Chang asked as Billy approached him.

Shaking his head, Billy looked at his surroundings once more. There were fewer people around now; he could see that they were leaving.

There was nothing here for them, and since not everyone picked up food or obtained water, they had to get their own.

"No, he has his own goals, and I have mines. For survival, it may be good to join him, but there is no guarantee that we would end up surviving. Not to mention I have a bad feeling about him."

Chang lifted himself.

"Besides, who is this 'we' that you speak of?"

Billy asked Chang with crossed arms.

Chang simply smiled.

"Whatever. You can tag along, but you'll need to pull your weight."

Billy told Chang.

"Erm… I don't have any equipment…"

Chang was hesitant to ask Billy for his sword.

Rolling his eyes, Billy unlooped the sword from his waist and passed it to Chang.

"Use this for now. But the two of us would have a hard time; we may need another."

Billy suggested.

Chang shrugged his shoulders. He did not know anyone here. But that did not stop him from looking around.

His eyes grew big when he saw someone.

"We can try to get him."

Chang suggested as he pointed to a Korean male. He looked more mature than the two of them and did not have a weapon in hand. Billy was hesitant about Chang’s suggestion.

Chang smiled but said nothing.

"Then you go. I have to look into something."

Chang nodded and went off, leaving Billy by himself.

Name: Billy Hartwell | Age: 25

Class: | Year: 0

Affiliation:

Trait: Regressor [3rd life]

Prestige: 0

[Stamina] 10 | [Mana] 0  | [Sense] 0 | [Luck] 25 | [Potential] 250

[Attack] 5 | [Defense] 5

[Physical Resistance ] 0 | [Magical Resistance] 0

[Critical Chance] 1 | [Critical Damage] | 200% [Critical Resistance] 0

[Blade] | [Spear] | [Sword] | [Shield] | [Bow]

[Fist] | [Palm] | [Finger]

[Fire] | [Water] | [Earth ] | [Wind] | [Thunder] | [Darkness] | [Light]

[Points] 5

Nothing changed much for him, and he did not even see a proficiency bar for his spear skill. Meaning that it was not increased based on how much he used it.

What did he need most right now? More attacking power, that was a no-brainer.

Billy placed all five of his points into attack, raising it to ten. He did not feel a change, but he might see one once he got into combat.

His hand reached down into a small sack that was tied to his waist. It was a sack of food.

What he pulled out confused him as it was nothing more than a small pill. No larger than the size of a pea, but light brown.

He smelt it, then squeezed it. It was odorless and hard. Still, it was food.

He knew that because there were apples, rice, and other food in the section where he grabbed this sac.

Putting the pill into his mouth, it had a sweet taste to it.

[Spirit pill has been consumed, obtained 1 point.]

[A strange energy entered your body, Mana has increased by 1, sense has increased by 1.]

Billy was dumbfounded; what kind of cheat was this?

5