Chapter 6
157 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Billy swiftly reached into his pouch and pulled out another pill. His eyes focused on wondering how this small item managed to net him an increase in his attributes.

Was it the same for the other food that was located in that room? If it was, then he should have grabbed more.

A lot of people were focused on weapons that many probably did not even get food.

Billy put the other pill into his mouth and let it dissolve.

[Spirit pill has been consumed, obtained 1 point.]

[A strange energy entered your body, Mana has increased by 1, sense has increased by 1.]

There it was, the same announcement. He grinned. His time was here. The low luck he had ultimately gave him something good.

Reaching into the sack, he snatched a handful of the pills and devoured them all. Except, the notifications had stopped coming.

After the tenth one appeared, he did not hear that voice in his head anymore.

Still, this was better than nothing. Billy had ten whole points he could spend, and he would use them too.

If his base attack was five, he now doubled that. Should he increase it some more? Thinking about it for a second, he shook his head.

The wolves died effortlessly with a thrust of his spear. Who knew what else was out there, but it should not be impossible to overcome.

He thought about mana but, he did not learn any magic, so that was pointless right now. Sense was confusing, and he could not comprehend what it did.

His stamina could use some work; however, it was not that bad. Strangely enough, his low luck could not be improved, nor could his potential.

He was tempted to increase his defense as he did not want to die again.

Billy held off, for now. Instead, he focused his attention on the weapons and elements.

Would picking an element mean he could use magic? If not, then he did not want to waste his points on it.

The same could be said for the weapons on the list. What would change if he placed a point into them?

Granted, he did have a total of ten points to spare, but that did not mean he wanted to waste them. After pondering for a bit, he increased his spear.

[Weapon has been chosen, all other options are closed off.]

[You have gained the class, Warrior.]

Billy was stunned. What did they mean all other selections were closed off?

Hastily he checked his status information and found out that the only weapon left was the spear. There were no elements to choose from either.

He was pretty troubled, as he did not even know if this was a good idea or not. At this point, he made his selection and had to stick with it.

His eyes hovered over his class, and with it, a new set of information appeared.

[Warrior skills will now be shown.]

[Warriors will - The will to fight, the will to live. You will never give up, never give in. Recovers Stamina over time during battle. Costs 5 points]

[Howl of glory - Glory awaits, and with it so does victory. Behind you are your comrades, in front your enemy. Increases Stamina and attack power by 10%. Costs 5 points]

[Oversight - Never miss a beat, nothing escapes your eye. You are battle-ready. Sense increases by 10% and increases Stamina by 5%. Costs 5 points]

Billy could see the description of each skill but felt that he could only choose one. He was not ready to pick yet. Thus he closed the window and went back to his stats.

There were still nine points left to use, and since he already picked spear, it would not be a terrible idea to place a few more points into it.

As he held the spear in his hand, he could sense a familiarity with it. As if he and the weapon have been close for days.

With the rest of his points, he dumped them into his defense. Increasing it to ten as well.

"Billy, come here for a second!"

Chang shouted as Billy finished upgrading himself.

Strolling over to Chang, Billy was looked over by a middle-aged Korean man. He had on a black blazer and some black jeans. What annoyed Billy was his feminine features.

Billy hated to admit it, but this guy was pretty handsome. Comparable to those kpop men.

"This is the one?"

The man looked over Billy from head to toe as if displeased by what he saw.

Chang nodded his head.

"Billy, this is detective Kim Young-Dae. He and my father grew up together, so he is like my uncle."

Chang explained.

"Former Detective. Doubt I can be considered one where we are. What about you?"

Young-Dae questioned Billy.

"What about me?"

Billy asked, amused in response.

Young-Dae did not like the tone in Billy’s voice, as he was used to being respected. Americans and Koreans did not talk the same way, which was shown here.

Billy gave him less respect than Koreans would have. It might be due to the change they were experiencing, or it could just be his attitude in general. But for surviving, Young-Dae did not let Billy’s tone get to him.

"What did you do before all of this?"

"I do not believe that matters now, does it? Just as you no longer are a detective, teachers no longer teach, and actors no longer act. All our previous jobs are behind us, so why ask about them?"

There was logic to what he said, and since Billy did not want to give out any information about himself, Young-Dae stopped asking.

"The only reason I am still here is because of Chang. He said that you were a capable person, and with me, the odds of us surviving are greater."

Billy glanced at Chang, looking for confirmation. To which Chang nodded his head and smiled.

The two had not interacted much, so Billy was unsure why Chang assumed he was a capable person. Billy was far from it, especially when it came to fighting.

Look at his two previous lives; both were wasted and ended too soon. This life may have been as well if not for his quick thinking to use Clips group to help ease his burden.

Looking at it from Chang's point of view, he could see how Chang saw him. But, that was merely due to his knowledge. In the future, he would not be so lucky.

Billy knew this and was not counting on luck to survive.

"Chang has spoken too well of me. I am just a normal person. Just like everyone else, I am trying to survive."

Billy responded.

"Uncle Dae is a Martial Artist. It is a class he obtained that sounds useful."

Chang chirped in, trying to raise his father's good friend's value. Something he need not done. Even without a class, Billy figured that Young-Dae was capable of hand-to-hand combat. He would be more useful in a fight than Billy.

Billy raised his eyebrow as if looking for more answers.

"You have your secrets, and I have my own."

Young-Dae commented.

Billy was curious as to what a martial artist had to offer. What skills did they have? What weapon did he choose?

Billy assumed it was one of the three unarmed ones, seeing as how he had no weapon.

"And Billy is a Spearman or Warrior."

Chang added.

This little comment of his caused Billy to look at him again. How did he know? There was a chance he was saying that based on Billy's choice of weapon, but something was telling him that was not the case.

Billy was a novelist. He's read so many books in his lifetime and written many scenarios. Plots like this were not unfamiliar to him. If everyone was given a Trait of their own, who was to say that some could not peak into others' stats?

If that were indeed the case, that would explain why Chang approached him starting from his second life. Maybe he could see his title and hoped that Billy would carry him through this tutorial.

This theory of his would have to be proven first. So Billy made a mental note to keep an eye on Chang. If this were his ability, the young man would be handy.

7