Chapter 19
104 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Billy looked into the dark black eyes of Chen Mao as he thought over his answer. It was easy to say no, but why did no one ever say yes? There was nothing preventing him from informing the man of his past. Billy was not afraid of him, he had the confidence to beat anyone here. Kill them if he had to.

"Think whatever you want."

The answer Billy gave was pretty vague, but it was not a no nor was it a yes.

Chen Mao smiled and nodded his head.

"I would like to invite you to join our party. It's not big yet, but it should help with whatever is to come."

"Not even a name to start out with? Don't you have manners?"

Chen Mao stretched out his hand for a handshake.

"I assumed you already knew, but my name is Chen Mao. Many in the gaming community know me by 'Clips'."

Shaking his hand, Billy observed Chen Mao. Why did he get a weird feeling from him last time?

'He's acting... different. But why?'

Billy was left to wonder.

"Billy, and why would I know you? I don't play games very often."

As he released his hand, Billy spoke again.

"And I'll have to decline your offer."

"I see..."

Chen Mao's facial expression changed for a moment, but Billy picked up on it right away. He was disappointed by his answer, maybe even upset that Billy rejected his invitation.

After saying a few more words, Chen Mao left. Billy was glad too, he could finally focus on his book. But, he felt something in his chest. Watching Chen Mao walk away, Billy glanced over the crowd of people.

'Should I?'

Billy asked himself.

Companionship was not something he had in his last life, and it was lonely. While he did not enjoy having long conversations, he did like having someone to talk to.

Although Chang's ambition was unlikely to happen, it was something the lad could strive towards. His thoughts were not bad either, and Billy was sure that they could figure out more information on their stats working together.

Maybe there was something about fighting together in deadly situations. Billy even found himself missing Young-Dae a little bit.

Looking at the book in his hand, Billy wanted to read it. He wanted to see what he would receive if he read it. Billy wanted to know what the book did. However, if he opened it now he would not have time to find Chang and Young-Dae. Based on the amount of time that passed already, it was not too far off from this safe area collapsing.

He had to make a choice.

With a sigh, Billy walked quickly through the massive amount of people. His perception was high so he had an increase in his vision. Checking people over only took him a second, but there were a ton of people here.

'He always found me in the beginning. Always after I came out of the room, so he had to be close by.'

Billy started to recall his past as he moved to the location he always went to before. Once there, Billy gazed into the crowd.

'He emerged from there, so he should be around.'

Billy thought to himself as he made his way through the crowd.

It was foolish thinking on his part. Assuming that based on previous events Chang would still be in the same spot. This life was not the same as his last one, Chang could be anywhere.

Others would call him stupid for looking for someone when he should be hoarding all the items for himself. Become strong at the beginning and the rest would be easy.

Thinking that way was not wrong, but the path to the top often was treaded alone. Billy did not want to be the best, he just needed to survive.

'There.'

Billy spotted Chang.

He was immersed in conversation with two people. One of which he already knew, the other one was a woman he did not recognize.

She was pretty, Billy had to give her that. But, he was not fazed by her beauty. Now was not the time, nor was this the place.

He slowly approached their little group.

Chang was in the center and took notice of Billy. As he looked Billy over once then twice, a look of satisfaction appeared on his face.

"Hey, Uncle!"

Chang shouted as he waved his hand, signaling for Billy to come over.

Hearing the word uncle, Billy's eyebrow twitched. He was not even that old.

'Maybe I should cut my beard.'

Billy thought to himself as he approached Chang's group.

"Uncle, what are you doing wondering around? Are you looking for someone?"

Chang asked Billy.

"No. Why did you call for me?"

Billy only asked this question for appearances sake. He was going towards Chang’s group, but now that Chang called him he could feel at ease. There was no need for him to explain why he wanted to join Chang's crew when he himself has not met him in this life.

"You just looked like you were looking for someone. I thought I could be of help. I'm Song Chang Wook by the way."

"Billy."

"Since you weren't looking for someone, what were you doing? Do you know what's going on here?"

"I wa-"

As Billy was about to explain, the room started to crumble.

Billy was happy that the walls were crumbling. He would be on the open plains once more, and he could integrate into Chang's group easier.

Everyone looked shocked by what was going on, worried looks and fear was spread across their faces.

A strong gust of wind blew past Billy, almost knocking him off his feet. His hair flowed back, almost coming out of its braid.

A loud cry paralyzed everyone present.

Golden eyes with a black slit in the middle. A long pinkish tongue with a pointed tip, razor sharp teeth lined its mouth. Black shiny scales that reflected the sunlight.

Around him was not that lush green open plain he was so used to. Instead Billy found himself standing on top of brown sand that stretched for miles. A large sun hovered in the sky emitting intense heat, enough to cause him to sweat the moment he felt it.

"What the fuck is this?"

1