Chapter 2: The Twists of Life
4.4k 5 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It seems that genetic traits in this world follow the same principle as my last life. Despite the dominant genes of both my parents being large mana pools, I received the recessive traits of having poor mana control and poor mana capacity. My dream of being a magician in this life ended as soon as it began. As we got onto the carriage to return home, my father suddenly spoke to the driver.

"Now that we're in the city, we might as well get his martial talent tested. I hope for his sake he can at least comprehend ki. Change our destination to the Martial Association."

'Wow this world has cultivation as well, maybe this is my chance to become a peerless war sovereign and get all the jade beauties.' I chuckled to myself while looking outside the moving carriage.

Unfortunately, it seemed this world was a fan of kicking someone when they were down, unlike mana, I couldn't even feel ki.

The trip wasn't all that bad though, I got a see a real jade beauty this time. Although I couldn't see her face, I was definitely sure she was a peerless jade beauty. Why you ask?

Her skin was as green as a jade .

On the return to the mansion, my father only said one word to me, "Trash". While I felt it was pretty harsh calling your 5 year old son trash, at least he said something to me. My mother hadn't uttered a word to me after the first test.

After we entered the mansion, my mother just told the servants to get a guest room ready for me as she shut the door. 

"Mom what about my stuff?"

"..."

A few minutes later, a servant came back and escorted me to the guest room.

Thinking about the current situation in my life so far, I started to get a bit worried. I wasn't worried about not being able to use ki or mana, it's sad but I didn't use them in my first life either. I was worried about being assassinated. 

There were two main candidates for the next successor of the Duke. The son of the beloved third wife, my older brother, who to my knowledge could use magic, and me, the talentless son of the first wife. Although he is better qualified for the role than I am in almost every way, I have the most important qualification, birthright. If I remained in the vicinity of the Duke's area, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up headless a few years later. As I pondered these somber thoughts I wondered why I didn't get any cheats from god.

Although having memories of my previous life was helpful, I'm not sure it could be considered a cheat. I majored in computer science and there are no computers in this world. I can't shock the world with my cooking, usually, I just ate cup noodles or threw a bunch of vegetables into a slow cooker. The only real advantage I got out of them was having my self-esteem lowered after becoming an infant.

"Well whatever, time to focus on my current situation."

The next few days I thought up a few plans, running away, killing all the other sons, and befriending my siblings so they don't kill me.

With my current talents killing them is possible.

Running away is a good idea but unless I become an adult I'd be brought back right away if someone claims I'm "kidnapped".

Befriending my siblings would work well early on but they would probably still kill me, in the end, to tie up all loose ends.

"Thinking about it closely, plan 3 ensures that I live early on, and plan 1 ensures I live, later on, combining them would be perfect!"

Patting myself on the back, I began drafting up plans to befriend each and every one of my siblings.

Two years later, I got to see the fruits of my plan.

104