Chapter 6: Results
3.7k 8 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I can't believe food was such an effective strategy. I should've used food years ago. I'm particularly embarrassed that I never thought of bringing food to the prisoners. I might have been treating the prisoners as NPCs who can give soul magic quests if I'm lucky. Maybe this world was a game in my past life, but now, it's real. I need to thank Kasa for giving me an important reminder.

Speaking about Kasa, I couldn't help but feel a bit bad for her when I looked at the state of her 'house'. It was a small area with three things, a bed, a smaller woodshed that could barely fit a person, and lots of magic books. There was one window near her bed which gave There were so many books on the ground that I thought the floor might've been made from books rather than wood. While I wondered where I was going to sit, Kasa created 2 stacks of books and told me to sit on them.

"Since you're here to learn about magic, tell me what you know about magic right now."

"It uses mana to cast spells."

"As expected, you don't know too much, I'll start by explaining things about mana types, affinites, and spells."

"If you have mana affinity x, you can produce x type mana and x type spells.  Light mana is known for it's defensive and healing capabilities. Although Light mana can be used offensively, Light spells have the weakest firepower of all affinities. Dark mana is known for its weakening spells and has average firepower, there are also some taboo branches of dark magic that I don't know much about. Earth and Water mana are better at defensive spells, and Fire and Wind mana are better at offensive spells. No type magic isn't a type of magic, it's just the category of magic that any magician can use, a lot of random magic falls in this category. Do you have any questions?"

"Do you have a teacher?"

"Nope, just like you tutors have no longer visited me since I was 5. I learned everything myself. Stuff like magic is easy for a prodigy like me."
I have to admit, I was impressed by her declaration. Unlike me, she doesn't have memories from her past, the fact that she can self-study at such a young age is astounding. Maybe mages mature a bit early? Either way, I guess she does deserve her prodigy title.

Before I left, I asked Kasa a bit more about no-type magic. A lot of magic like summoning magic, augmentation magic, and even space magic all fell into the no-type category, but some spells were harder to create than others. There were some taboo branches of magic like necromancy and demon magic as well.

I have to admit, hearing all the different types of magic made me a little sad. Didn't I transmigrate, why don't I get some kind of cheat? The more I heard about magic, the more hopeful I was getting about soul magic, I hoped my soul had some special properties because of my transmigration.

By the time I finished my talk with Kasa it was late in the evening. I didn't have any plans for the night so I decided to think about my approach with the prisoners. Rather than looking at them as an opportunity to learn soul magic, I realized I should look at them as an opportunity to gain more resources.

I can acquire food but, what I lack the most is money. If I could start selling food to the prisoners, I might be able to make a slush fund I can use when I run away.

I decided to head to bed a little earlier than usual in preparation for tomorrow.

101