Chapter Two
269 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The child in her arms was another person that was supposed to live a life unparalleled, this was his reward after the great sacrifice he made in his last life. He was supposed to be adopted from an old orphanage that would become abandoned because the old mother was charged with abuse of the orphans. Because of this, he would be adopted by an old master who had no descendants and goes on to live a rich life as a beloved young master, he would make great gains throughout his life and then died peacefully in his sleep.

But because of a pestilence that stole his good luck he almost became one of the victims of the abusive old mother. If the woman hadn’t come to save him his sacrifice in his last life would be for naught and he would get nothing in return. The woman who now became Tung Yawen took her son and left the building with her new son.

She got in the car and held him gently as she drove back to the mansion, she only came to this life to take care of the baby, and she wasn’t too concerned with doing anything for the girl. To live as she pleased the first thing she needed to do was cut ties with the Tung family and then move on. When she reached back to the mansion she got out of the car and went inside, all the servants that saw her acted as if they didn’t want her around them but unlike the original that would cry and scream for attention, she ignored them and went into the living room.

This place was where the wedding was being held earlier, the decorations had already been cleaned up and the things in the living room had been put back in their place. In the living room, a group of people sat laughing and talking as if everything that had happened today was just an illusion. But the harmony was broken by the woman’s arrival, it was clear by the frowns that showed on the faces of each person.

The woman among the group, who was supposed to be the mother of the original that spoiled her in the original story, set down her tea set harshly and looked at her with a scowl. “What are you doing here?!”

If it was the original she would have broken into tears by the cold treatment of her mother, but the woman ignored her and looked at the old master. The old master squinted his eyes and looked at a granddaughter of his that he wished hadn’t been born. All she had done over the last few years was destroy the name of his family and nearly caused the empire he built to burn into ashes.

“What?” The old man asked with a gruff voice.

The girl looked at him coldly as she spoke with a monotone voice. “You told me on my coming of age that you would give me one billion Yuan if I disappeared from your family, is that deal still open?”

For a split second, the old man’s eyes widened before he let out a gruff laugh and signaled to the butler that stood at his side. “Bring me my check-“

“I want cash.” The woman’s voice interrupted him and the old man shot a glare at her.

He sighed and then looked at the butler. “Go into my safe, there should be enough cash, if there isn’t make up for it in gold and jade.”

The butler nodded and quickly left the woman watched him and then moved over to sit down, the older man sitting in the chair shifted down nearly squeezing the woman that sat at his side. The old master and other people in the room observed the woman but she sat down and placed the bundle she had been holding on her lap. It was then the people in the room gasped in surprise, since the woman entered she had been holding that bundle but none of them cared what it was.

The woman ignored them and reached for the napkin on the table, she used the water in the glass to wet and then gently wiped the filth from the baby’s face. The entire time the group of people watched her in silence unsure of what to do. They all glanced at each other and felt weird for being ignored, even the couple that had run out with each other was sitting there but the woman paid them no mind and continued to clean the baby.

It was then someone finally spoke, it was the younger brother of the original, in the original story he looked up to his sister and spoiled her. But in this version, he only looked at her with disgust, a look that stabbed her heart even when she tried her best to get close to him. He was known as being soft and intelligent and the future head of the Tung family but the readers wondered just how dumb he was to fall for the tricks of an outsider.

“Is that child yours?” His voice slightly shook as he asked this, it was strange that he would speak to her like this but the woman didn’t care.

She looked up and nodded firmly “this is my son, I haven’t thought of a name as yet, but he is mine.”

The younger brother sucked in a cold breath before he laughed and threw the tea cup on the ground, his anger flaring. “When I thought the things you did couldn’t get any more disgusting, you actually came home with a child. When did you have him, where had you hidden him, what had you planned to do if you had successfully gotten married?!” The more he asked and got riled up was the happier the world crosser became as she watched the woman with a worried look.

But the entire time he yelled the woman gave no reaction and just cleaned the baby gently, she put the paper down and wrapped the baby back in the jacket. She then held him to her chest and stood up, just as she did the door opened and the butler came back carrying two suitcases.

8