Chapter Six
167 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xue Yawen and Celesto sat on a bench, in her hands she held a new phone as he showed her how to use it, even though she knew how to use it she figured it would be rude not to accept his help, especially since he would be useful in the future. They finished going through the phone and finally, Xue Yawen put the phone he had taken of her and He-Wen early as the screen saver and lock screen.

Celesto stared at her every action before he laughed shyly when she looked at him, he cleared his throat and reached down to take the laptop she had purchased. And just like the phone he took his time to explain to her how it could be used, it was after a long time of searching that they had found this laptop that was suited for her studies and daily life, so she smiled and listened intently.

The laptop and the phone weren’t the only electronics she bought so art her feet sat a few shopping bags filled with different things. They went through one by one and set them up, soon a lot of time passed, and then packed the things back.

Celesto looked at her “we’ve been busy all morning since your arrival, so let’s take a break and find somewhere to get something to eat. You could take the time to check on Fortino, he’s a surprisingly quiet baby, very lovely.”

Xue Yawen smiled with pride and followed his arrangements, but even when she did she was in full control, the entire time she was with him as they moved around she had been mapping her every step. She had remembered all the characteristics about the locations and stores she had been to so in case of anything she could run and even if she didn’t she wasn’t afraid of not being able to handle a simple mortal.

They soon came upon a restaurant that had antique-like charm to it and went in, Celesto helped to find a table and as soon as she sat down she freed He-Wen from his sling and put him on her lap. The waiter came over and smiled at them and went through the introduction before passing them the menu. Xue Yawen told Celesto to choose as she took out a bottle of milk and stuck it in He-Wen’s mouth, the baby’s chubby cheek bounced as he happily suckled on the bottle.

By the time the order arrived he had finished drinking, Xue Yawen patted his back and he let out a soft burp, he turned and cooed at his mother. Xue Yawen set down the sling on the chair back, took out a cotton doll for him to play with. He-Wen was distracted as his mother and the new stranger he met today sat and ate while talking about many different things.

A while later they left the restaurant and found a hotel not too far from the school, with Celeto’s ‘help’, Xue Yawen booked a suite for a few days. After she had settled in the suite she gave her new number to Celesto and received his, they talked a while and made an appointment. They would meet tomorrow and find a suitable realtor so she could get her apartment.

After he left Xue Yawen’s clothes changed from what she wore today to some loose and comfy pajamas and even if she didn’t have to and could just use her powers to clean him she decided to give He-Wen a bath. She went into the bathroom and a small baby bath appeared it was already filled with steaming spiritual water. She eased him in it and the baby let out a sigh as the water flowed on his skin, she slowly washed him and his head before taking out soap made from special herbs to latter him with.

By the time he left the bath and was dried off, He-Wen was comfortable enough to fall asleep, yet Xue Yawen still held him as she went surfing the internet. She wanted to look as normal as possible so the plans and things concerning the way she would live going forward became documents on the computer. A few notebooks appeared at her side and instead of using her ability she started taking notes with her hand and did the same with the iPad.

It was almost twelve at night when everything floated up and were packed in their respective bags, Xue Yawen took the time to feed He-Wen and learned to change his diapers without her ability. She knew it was a bit strange for her to move around all day with someone and not take time to change him. So going forward when she is around people she will have to do it, after she was finished she set him in the baby bed and went to sleep.

The next day she got up and prepared He-Wen and herself for the day on the road, there weren’t many houses around the school for various rooms. The most she could get is an apartment but even then she refused to stay in any brook closest so no matter the money she would spend it. Celesto picked them up at eight in the morning and they went to find the realtor, they met with this glamorous elder woman, she spoke well and soon got the specifics of what Xue Yawen wanted before they got on the road.

For the next week, the three adults and one baby traveled around the vicinity of the school before they found the place she liked. Though she had wanted to purchase one, no one was willing to sell such prime real estate so she could only lease. Though the lease was a bit expensive, when she looked at the spacious apartment that was flooded with natural lights because of the many windows Xue Yawen felt it was worth it.

After talking with the owner he allowed her to lease it for a year at first, after the year they would make a decision whether or not to continue leasing it to her. She agreed and soon she was dancing around the open living room with He-Wen, the baby happily giggled at his mother’s antics. The happiness of the two mother and son couldn’t be any more infectious for Celesto and the others.

After she got the apartment it took another week to purchase all the furniture, utensils, and other necessities before the apartment was set up. Xue Ya-Wen who was dressed like a fresh flower stood by the windows looking out with He-Wen in her arms, she leaned down and kissed his head.

Her soft voice causing the baby to twist his head around to see his mother “now that things are settled, I can begin working on building our empire, small steps at first. By the time I’m done, you will really become an un-paralleled existence in this world, no woman would dare to take you for a spare tire. If they dare just show them your power, mother will back you.”

7