Chapter Eight
144 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xue Yawen didn’t bother to look around as she was lead into the presidential suite of a grand hotel, a place like this was no better than her servant's quarters back in her kingdom. She just kept a steady pace as she followed the butler, soon the butler pushed open a door leading to the living room for the suit. As Xue Yawen walked in she saw the old Master sitting in the head chair, his hands resting on his staff as he looked ahead.

She arched her brow and was about to walk ahead only to be stopped, a woman in an olden English style maid costume reached out with the intention to take He-Wen. Xue Yawen gave her a dead stare and the woman’s eyelashes trembled slightly before she lowered he head and stepped back. Xue Yawen ignored her and walked over to sit in the chair that sat across from the old master.

The old man looked at her up and down, his eyes finally landing on He-Wen who had fallen asleep. He looked back at her and huffed “you’re quite bold, do you always just randomly get in the car of strangers after they invite you.”

Xue Yawen rolled her eyes at him, “Don’t pretend with me you old ghost, we both know why you called me here.”

After she spoke the old man sighed and a sad look came to his face as he looked at He-Wen. “I don’t understand how everything could change so swiftly, one minute we were living a happy life together, and then the next I was being told that I had never adopted him and he had been killed in that place. I really couldn’t understand it at all and I figured if I died again I would go back, I’m old so I took the chance, yet I woke up in this world once again.

The only difference was that he had been adopted by a mysterious woman in a red dress, so you know how long I spent looking for you? When you first entered the plane I didn’t see his face, if I had I would’ve spoken with your right away. I won’t ask how you were able to get him back in good health so fast, as long as he’s healthy I would be happy.

My only wish is that you give him back to me, that’s my precious grandchild, that I raised and cared for, I died just to find him again, can you return him to me?” As the old man spoke his voice shook and the rims of his eyes reddened as if he was about to cry. Seeing his weak gait Xue Yawen squinted her eyes and looked at him deeply.

“Don’t even think of taking He-Wen from me, it’s because of your incompetence that I needed to come here to look after him, what we’re doing as his guardian that you let some vixen play with him. And then that wasn’t enough you actually allowed him to die and almost die for a second time. Do you think your current actions will make me trust you, no they only make me feel that coming here was a waste of time?” She huffed and looked away.

The old man sighed and nodded his head. “I was wondering why someone I hadn’t met in both lives would suddenly appear and adopt him. Are you his guardian, the reason I found him in the first life?”

Xue Yawen shook her head “I am his mother.” Her voice was firm as she spoke and the old master straightened up his slouched back and stared at her.

He nodded slowly “then can you make a compromise with this old ghost?” She glanced at him and he smiled slightly “you might not need me and find me unnecessary but for me, that child is my life so allow me to make contact with him in a different way?” When he noticed Xue Yawen giving him her full attention he continued. “Let me adopt you as my child, I will provide you with whatever you need and allow me to spend time with that child. At the end of my life, I will hand everything I own to him, you’re a variable and I’m sure with your presence the outcome of his first life can change, so please consider this old man’s request.”

Xue Yawen looked at him and sighed, she glanced down at He-Wen who curled up in her arms and puckered his lips as he slept. She sighed again and slowly nodded. “Fine though you’re not that necessary having another helper wouldn’t hurt. I will allow you to be with He-Wen as his grandfather, but my only condition is that you unconditionally listen to me. Everything I say and do is for his own good, if I say I only love him a little no one would dare to say they love him the most.”

A bright smile came to the wrinkled face of the old master and he nodded heavily. “I will listen to you… daughter.”

Xue Yawen arched her brow and huffed, she relaxed in the chair and placed a soft kiss on He-Wen’s head. After the decision was made the old master seemed to let go of all his worries and with a wave of his hand the butler entered the room with the adoption documents. Xue Yawen picked them up and looked them over before casting a glance at the old man, it was just as she thought, there was no way he could raise her son as well as he could if he wasn’t an old fox.

Xue Yawen was truly impressed with him but she would keep that to herself. “I won’t change my name, I already changed it before, and changing it again will only be a hassle.”

The old master nodded with a soft smile as if he was looking at his daughter who he had spoiled all his life. “My wife’s maiden name was Xue, I could just say that you were given that name in her honor, no one would dare to question it.” Xue Yawen slanted her eyes slightly and then leaned down to continued signing the documents under the old master’s caring gaze.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6