Chapter Twelve
57 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After spending the remaining free time together it was finally the first day of school, Xue Yawen woke up with the sun and decided that instead of using the spell she would take her time to get ready, today was after all a special day. She filled the tub with spiritual water and used a glossy liquid to make a mask, she wore it as she sat in the tub and had a good soak before taking a bath.

She washed her hair carefully, and then removed the mask and rinsed her face when she had finished bathing, she brushed her teeth and then examined herself before she smiled. From today she would be fight a battle for her son’s future, wind swirled in the bathroom and her hair was quickly dried. For the first time since her arrival she used the hair iron she had bought, soon her hair looked wavy and bouncy.

She smiled and nodded to herself, not bothering to put on any makeup since she felt it would only cover her beauty, and she simply put on some lip-gloss and went to pick out her outfit for the day. She felt that dressing in red would bring her good luck for her first day of school, so her outfit consisted of red and nude colors.

She didn’t bother to get dressed and went over to the crib in the corner of the room, light hadn’t turned enough to reach the corner. Yawen Peeked into the crib at the little baby that curled up sleeping with his pacifier in his mouth, he suckled gently on it and remained asleep. She pouted slightly not wanting to wake the baby up, with a swish of her hand he was cleaned and dressed in a fresh set of clothes that matched hers.

Smiling to herself as she went over and got dressed before she took the time to do a second check and repack their bags. Her bag wasn’t just her normal backpack, but also her art bag and laptop, she smiled when everything was in place and then took He-Wen to leave the apartment. When she got to the car Shin Han greeted her as usual and waited for her to get in before he closed the door.

Yawen looked at the nanny that sat opposite her instead of the old man and guessed that he wasn’t fit enough to be able to wake up at such an early hour. She decided to think about adding some spiritual water to his food so he last a little longer, she knew how hard he searched for He-Wen, he deserved a reward for treating her son so well.

She held He-Wen to her and then gently kissed his head and passed her sleeping baby over to the nanny when they arrived at the school. This was the only day that she would need to show up at such an early time so this would be the first and last time that he would wake up to find his mama gone. Yawen watched the car leave and then went into the school, just as usual she had mapped out the entire university since her first time here so using it she found her classroom.

The room was very spacious with sitting areas and desk positioned neatly, she found a frontal position and began to set up her stuff. When she was done she pulled out her phone and tapped in Shin Han’s number, because of the mark she knew they had arrived at the mansion but she wanted to use the time before class started to speak with He-Wen, she felt he should be awake by now.

Imagining the catastrophe the child would cause when he wakes up to find she was not there, she felt it best to calm him down quickly. She soon got through and didn’t need to ask because of the loud wailing that could be heard in the back ground.

The mansion was large with arched ceiling so the baby’s already strong voice echoed loudly and traveled further, as soon as Shin Han got her call he put the phone near the devastated He-Wen.

“He-Wen, my son.” Her soft and gentle voice caused the baby to choke as he instantly stopped crying, his small ears that had tune pink because of his crying perked up. “He-Wen its okay, mommy is fine, I just went to school is all, and do you remember what mama told you?” The baby was still reeling from his crying fit and couldn’t speak so he nodded.

Yawen could feel the movement because of her mark and smiled further. “I’m happy, so just spend a good day with grandpa and mama will be there soon, going forward I won’t leave unless you’re awake, okay.”

“Ma…” his soft voice broke in a small sob and Yawen held her chest and sighed slightly. “I good, ma love.”

“Okay, love you too baby.” The mother and son continued to talk until the class was filled and the professor walked in, Yawen ended the call after coaxing He-Wen and then turned to focus on her class.

The professor was an older man with white hair and a jolly belly, he smiled kindly at the class as he adjusted the class and explained the expectations he held for his students. The class listened quietly and the old professor finished what he had to say before he begun the class. Xu Yawen’s fingers moved fluidly as she used her iPad to take down the notes, with a note book at her side for key notes.

When the teacher stopped to have a conversation with the class about what he had just thought she was sure to be thoroughly involved. Even if she didn’t need to do it and could just rely on the old man, she didn’t want anyone talking any nonsense when it came to her work. Because it was only the first day all the classes were brief classes and so soon it ended but she didn’t move and just saved her documents and switched out to new notebooks as she waited for the next professor to come.

 

5