Chapter Thirteen
50 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xue Yawen had a small smile on her face as she walked into the living room, the sight of the one old and one young sitting on the carpet surrounded by blocks as they worked together to build a tower was really a sight to behold. She had figured for him to live as well as he did in the first story then He-Wen would have had to have a deep intellect but due to her interference and the many good things she had been feeding him since her arrival, it would have multiplied.

The sight of a fourteen-month-old standing steady as he helped to build an intricate tower, instructing his grandfather who could reach high, where to put the blocks, would make anyone feel strange. But for her, she just felt reassured, and she was sure the old man was feeling just the same, even when it was time for them to leave he would be fine.

Though she had to work on teaching him social intelligence, because what was the point of a high IQ if someone could take you for a ride emotionally? She handed her bag to the servant and made a sign for them to be silent as she took out her camera and snapped a few pictures. The old man and He-Wen were so deep in their little zone that they hadn’t noticed, she slowly got closer, taking pictures at different angles as she did, a smile coming to her face.

“This is going to be just an amazing series.”

The one young and one old stopped and looked back at her as she straightened from taking pictures, He-Wen cried out and his little legs carried him over to her. Setting the camera aside she picked him up and dance around with him, the little one instantly became a ball of joy. The old man stood near the tower and laughed at the happy scene as he did he wished that Yawen had shown up sooner, then maybe his little one would have lived a happier life from the very beginning.

When they were finished Yawen greeted the old man and the three went to have dinner, every time they visited the old man, they would always stay for dinner to accompany him. He had offered for them to live with her and for a while, she was tempted but after looking at how dedicated the servants were to their jobs she set the thought down.

She liked her freedom and liked to do as she wished at that point in time, having to be cautious in case someone walked in and saw something they shouldn’t didn’t sit right with her. And it wasn’t like she could just up and fire all the people that had worked for the old man for half their lives and also contributed to raising her little one in the first story.

So they agreed that she would live in the apartment with the little one and would come over as much as possible, sometimes the old man would come over to sit around if she wasn’t busy. The dinner was quite joyful as the two adults took turns to feed He-Wen, he could very well and feed himself and he often did, but since the adults found it joyful to look after him he would indulge them.

When the dinner was finished they went for a walk around the mansion before they were walked to the car, they gave their goodbyes and the old man stood and watched as they left until the car went out of sight. He let out a sigh and slowly went inside, he could clearly remember how that child had always been in his sight when he first brought him home.

It was because he was still weak and suffering from malnutrition, the slightest thing could make him sick and since he really held the child dearly he was fully involved in raising him. That amount of time caused him to be attached and even when it was time for the little one to go to university he didn’t want to be far from him, so he purchased a home near the university, and at the end of the day, the little one would come home and have dinner with him.

Looking at the tower they built, he gave orders for a few new sets of blocks to be purchased, while the tower was glued together and moved to a room on the bottom floor. It was the display room he had made for He-Wen’s little creations, even if they looked like stupid knickknacks to an old man like him they were his world, his joy, and the reminder of how he had failed to save his little one’s life in the second world.

On the other side, Yawen walked into the apartment, she let Shin Han set the bags down and then told him good night, as he stepped out of sight the door closed in on its own and the lights switched on soon after. She smiled and walked further into the apartment going to her room, she gently lay He-Wen into his crib and brushed the hair from his sleeping face with a smile.

With a swish of her hand his clothes were removed, his skin was cleaned and his pacifier appeared in his mouth, lastly, a fresh set of nightclothes covered him and she gently tucked him in. With a smile on her face, she went and brought in her bags, unpacked them and sat at the desk that was not too far from the crib, and began to review her day of work.  

She first transferred her notes from her iPad, changed their format, and edited them so they looked like a neat document, she used the notebook to highlight the important parts in the document. So the work she had taken down for the day was saved in both her handwritten version and the edited one. When she was done she took out the textbook and looked at the review terms she was given and began to study.

5