Chapter Fourteen
52 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day Yawen woke up and looked at her schedule, her first class wasn’t till ten a.m. so she had time to sit and eat breakfast with He-Wen, though they didn’t have to, the act was part of building fond memories with her son. She waited for him to wake up naturally and then slowly got him ready for the day, followed by herself before she let him watch her as she used the normal way to make breakfast for them.

As she was doing so she heard footsteps and the slight knock of a cane on the stairs, a smile came to her face and she went to unlock the door before going back to make breakfast. She added extra ingredients and said good morning as the old man walked into the apartment, he returned the greeting and came over to sit in the chair closest to He-Wen.

He looked at the clothing the two were wearing and smiled slightly “every time I see the two of you match it makes me feel left out, tell me what you plan to wear and I’ll match my tie to it.” Yawen laughed lightly but agreed, this old man was really cheeky.

When the breakfast was done she set the table and broke He-Wen’s food into smaller pieces before putting it on his tray, the trio began their meal and ate peacefully. At the end of breakfast, Shin Han was made to get their bags and they all went down to the car after Yawen locked the door. The ride to class was a bit slower and Yawen used that time to talk and play with He-Wen.

She had made a schedule after choosing her classes a few weeks ago, her classes would be two a day, both in the morning and in the afternoons she would go to the studio. The two days in the weekend and half a day on Friday were for spending time with He-Wen and the old man. She made sure not to pick too many classes and settled her time well so she would also be able to do her art without any issue.

Placing a kiss on the little one’s head she passed him over to the old man and then left the car with her bags, at the gate Annette looked up from her phone and walked over with a smile on her face.

“Good morning my love.” They exchanged greetings and walked into the compound arm in arm. “I saw your schedule that you sent me and I can say that it is well catered to Fortino. Out of all the classes and activities and your studio time he gets most of it to himself, I say even in the studio you can bring him with you most of the time, it’s like he comes first and you’re just making way for your classes.”

Yawen laughed and nodded “of course, the only reason I decided to be proper about my career was because of him, if there was no Fortino, I wouldn’t take the time to do my art. I’d live leisurely off the money I had and maybe do a few pieces of art here and there, you should all be thankful to him.”

Annette nodded and let out a giggle “yes, yes, I’ll be sure to thank him when I see him again, we are all fortunate to have Fortino.” She laughed at her little joke and continued to walk along with Yawen having useless chatter until she needed to head to her own class, it was inevitable since she was Yawen’s senior.

Yawen walked into her class and hung her coat up on the back of her chair and removed her gloves, the class was heated so there was no need to be continuously bundled up. She easily took out her things and picked out the new notebooks and did a quick setup. For the first term, it would be mainly about taking notes and gathering information while they would begin their practicals from the second term going forward.

The door opened and a few students entered, one of the students let out a cute squeal and ran over to squeeze Yawen’s arm. “I was wondering when I was going to meet you again, I got scared that we wouldn’t have any classes together when I didn’t meet you in any of the brief ones the day before.” The little girl had a lot of strength for her size so if Yawen hadn’t had her abilities she might have been tossed like a salad.

She gently smiled and patted the little girl’s head. “Mei-mei, so early in the morning and you’re still full of energy.” As she spoke she looked down on the little Chinese girl, Jun Xiao Ran, which was a bit shorter than her country’s average height for girls. She had met her on the second day of orientation and was latched onto as soon as the girl saw her, she just figured that the girl was happy to see such a familiar face in a strange country.

“Of course, it’s because I was looking forward to seeing you and I couldn’t hold my happiness when I found you, Jie Jie.” The little girl chattered for a while, her excited movements causing her braids to bounce.

“Okay I understand, but the professor will be here soon so set up your things quickly.”

The girl nodded and quickly took the space next to Yawen, the girl moved rather quickly but she still managed to set her things up in a neat manner, the setup mirrored that of Yawen’s. She removed her coat and gloves and a doll-like pastel dress came to view, it just added to her cuteness. It was something that didn’t seem wrong with her despite her being an adult just because of how small she was.

Her excitement caused her to mix her Italian with Chinese and the two accents jumbled so aside from Yawen it was hard for others to understand her, as Yawen looked at her she hoped the girl would learn to calm down or else if she continued to be like that it could hinder her progress.

 

5