12. Our Space
9.8k 1 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He Zizhong stood in front of the window watching the show coldly. In his previous life, he did not have such leisure, he remembered that on the same day in his previous life, he stood in front of the window at home for half an hour.

"It's done?" He saw someone getting out of the bath last night, but this time He Zizhong didn't dared to get up and seek death.1As in no mood / the situation outside is worrying.

"Hmm..." Fang Hao's voice hesitated.

"What's wrong?"

"That... there seems to be some strange noise in the bathroom..."

Fang Hao thought that someone was fighting in the bathroom at first when the sound came from the pipe. But the more he listened, the more he felt that the sound was a bit scary.

He Zizhong raised his eyebrows and walked to the bathroom.

Sounds of someone walking on a sticky floor covered in glue, and someone else was chewing some delicious food, faintly came from the pipe.

Suddenly, a scream came from the direction of the door, and Fang Hao's face which had turned red from the heat whitened immediately.

"Don't be afraid." He Zizhong realized the fear in his heart at this time; he had also experienced such fear. After he was just reborn, seeing normal people on the street always made him feel a sense of unreality.

Fang Hao was held in He Zizhong's arms, feeling his heart beat wildly all over the place. He didn't dare to ask in a loud voice: "Senior...what happened outside?"

For some reason, he always had an ominous hunch.

The hotel room doors did not a peephole, so the two of them cannot see what's outside, but...

He Zizhong lowered his head and glanced at Fang Hao. This is something Fang Hao has to face sooner or later, as well as what he himself will face.

"Come on." He put his arms around his shoulders and led him to the window. A tragedy was unfolding at the gate of the hotel not far below. Several people managed to escape and drove out of the gate, and several "people" who were walking around gnawing on something slowly got up, staggering and chasing them in the direction they were driving away.

Suddenly, there was a sharp braking sound, and the car that had just driven out, hit the guardrail, and someone in the car screamed-someone in the car turned into a zombie!

Fang Hao couldn't help trembling, staring at the terrifying scene below. He just slept. How could he wake up... and enter such a strange world?

How can that be? Was this really reality? He was not dreaming! Wait, dreaming!

In the distant city, a puff of smoke rose from an unknown place, and it seemed that something exploded. On the streets within sight, pedestrians who escaped from the wreckage of vehicles fled in terror.

Fang Hao increased his strength by grabbing the arms behind him and moved the two big hands firmly over his shoulders to throw himself into the warm embrace.

"Senior..."

"Don't be afraid, I'm with you."

The firm voice calmed the tremor from terror in his heart. He still had him. There was someone who he was in love with for so long, has thought about for so long, and is willing to be with him.

Fang Hao raised his head and looked at He Zizhong, pressing his hands on his chest: "No matter what happens, I will be with you."

Yes, if he said that when they first met, he would be worried. He was afraid that over time, the social pressure and passion would pass, and the two would not be able to get along for a long time.

But now...Fang Hao didn't know what happened, but he had an unknown premonition--it was not that simple.

In the face of such danger, he didn't care; all he wanted was to do his best to stay with him, and walk side by side!

 

He Zizhong was washing in the bathroom, and heard the roar of zombies in the bathroom.

It is still morning, and his mobility is greatly reduced because of his low-grade fever. He needs to look for supplies outside, but not immediately. He must wait until the afternoon.

In addition, there was another important thing - matters about his space. Should he explain to Fang Hao?

He Zizhong knew that in his previous life Fang Hao knew the existence of the space. After all, with such an arrogant boyfriend, it was impossible not to expose the space.

But at that time, he didn't ask anything. Even afterwards, when he ran away with him, he never asked.

In this life, a while ago, he deliberately showed that there was space in front of him, but he still didn’t ask. At most, when he found missing something, his eyes widened with some excitement, and even worship, looking at him with such eyes.

But... did he want to clarify everything?

They could live in his space, and sometimes it would be safer for the two to hide together than to stay outside. Especially since he had a low-grade fever twelve hours a day, and his mobility would be affected.

But...

He Zizhong closed his eyes, and dowsed his face in cold water. He was afraid that after Fang Hao knew that he had space, he would change... This was the sequela caused by Dai Jun in the previous life. Obviously he know that Fang Hao and Dai Jun were completely different people, but he still worried and feared...

Walking out of the bathroom, Fang Hao was sitting on the sofa in front of the window, using his mobile phone to surf the Internet. The military telescope lay on the sofa next to him. At the moment, he was frowning and looking at the phone screen without blinking.

When the sofa next to him sank, Fang Hao realized that He Zizhong had come out.

"Senior, the problem seems to be very serious. The same situation is happening not only in our city, but also in the country and even abroad. Many people woke up in the morning and found that their family members have become zombies! Most people have changed in the middle of the night. Now there are zombies all over the world."

He Zizhong was naturally aware of this situation and nodded silently, holding Fang Hao's hand and reading the post he opened.

At this moment, although the major websites and forums are still in operation, and there are no problems with electricity and water sources, He Zizhong knew that in at most one week, these things will basically be cut off.

Fang Hao seemed to be thinking about something. He looked at the chaotic street outside the window, waited for a while, and suddenly said, "Senior, I am going to prepare to go out."

"Huh?" He Zizhong raised his eyebrows puzzledly, and looked at him.

Fang Hao smiled: "I agree with what was said in a post. This situation is happening all over the country. I am afraid that the military and state agencies cannot save everyone alive. We can only find a way to save ourselves.

Although the current situation is dangerous, if we want to survive, we have to eat and drink. No one knows how long this situation will last... Some people online speculated whether the living dead will be like in the movies or in novels, and evolve...I want to take the opportunity to go out a few times before..."

"Why would you go out by yourself?" He Zizhong looked at him.

Fang Hao has a long mouth, lowered his head, and unconsciously grasped his hands together, his voice so low that it was almost inaudible: "...Senior's body is not very well in the morning...I don't want you to risk..."

He knew that this decision would damage senior's pride as a man, but he really didn't want He Zizhong to get hurt even a little bit! He was even more unwilling to let him go out to take risks when he is obviously sick!

He Zizhong looked at the person who bowed his head in front of him and it suddenly became extremely clear in his heart.

What is he still thinking about? If even such a person can change and betray himself, what's the point of living in this world?

"Going out is a must, but not it's not 'you' going out, but 'us'."

"Bu…"

He reached around wrapped him in his arms: "We will act in the afternoon and you can go out with me. It will be more efficient."

?

Before Fang Hao could ask, he felt that the surrounding environment change. Two people who were clearly sitting on the sofa fell to the ground, the earth spinning upside down. Fang Hao saw a few green grape vines hanging above his head, filled with emerald green, transparent bead-like grapes that looked like jewelry.

"This, this..." Fang Hao guessed a few days ago that He Zizhong had something similar to a space or a qiankun bag2e.g., storage bag; term from xianxia novels. But he only thought it was a treasure that could hold things and made things more convenient. But now... "Senior! Is this your space?!"

Sitting on the ground, Fang Hao looked back and forth at the bamboo house behind him. There were several grape vines, gourd vines, and other unrecognizable plant vines in the yard.

The fields with young shoots outside the fence yard... was this He Zizhong's space? It can grow things?!

Seeing that there was only surprise in his eyes, He Zizhong smiled and bent over to pull him up: "Why didn't you ask a few days ago?" When most people find that someone around them can make things vanish, they would ask many questions about 'how', right?

Fang Hao blinked, with surprise on his face, the redness lingering because of excitement: "I thought there was no need to ask..." He took things away in front of him, and Fang Hao thought it was a tacit understanding between them. He knew that He Zizhong had a space, a qiankun bag.

"Come on, walk with me." He Zizhong took his hand and walked outside the courtyard after patting dirt off his body.

"Senior grew all of these?" Fang Hao couldn't help ask, pointing to the field facing the bamboo house.

"Well, I only grew some vegetables for the time being. There was no time to grow food..."

Fang Hao turned around. He was going to talk to him face to face, but he saw the "hillside" behind the house and the various domestic animals and poultry scattered at the foot of the mountain. His eyes widened again. "Those are also raised by you?!"

"Yeah." He Zizhong turned around a little amused, "Remember the apples you ate at home? That was grown from the space. I originally thought that the fruits and vegetables grown in the space tasted very good, and could be launched on the market to open a specialty pollution-free fruit and vegetable shop, so I collected many seeds and machines. But I didn’t expect the sale and purchase to be done, but zombies came first."

To pay for the seeds, solar energy equipment on the roof of the bamboo house, and various materials in the underground warehouse, He Zizhong maxed out three cards, and then used the compensation for the demolition of the original house, the money he saved over the years, and the money left by his parents.

If time was not too tight, even if he bought the house and cannot use it before the end of the world, he will even sell the house.3Not sure exactly what 'house' is being referred to, but basically saying he would sell his property if it wasn't so tight on time.

If the end of the world didn't happen, he really could only find a way and use the remaining money to open a small pollution-free agricultural product shop to live.

After his maternal grandfather passed away, his aunt and his mother, and grandmother separated. The aunt asked for a two-bedroom and one-living room house, and leaving one courtyard with five shabby rooms comparable to rundown shacks for his mother.

But no one thought that after a few years, his aunt's building became a fringe area due to the urban planning, and the house price did not rise. But the broken yard of He Zizhong's mother became a golden area. When planning the city, the house was divided into two sets.

The things in the space today are the money from those two houses. Because of that incident, his aunt said many slanderous things openly and privately. After his mother's death, she forcibly occupied his grandmother's real estate for fear that He Zizhong would get it cheaply.

38