67. Zombie wave on the road
5.6k 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
After going back and forth in my mind, I'll be capitalizing all team names from this point forward. E.g., "Overlord", "Starry Sky", "Samsara". May go back and edit at some point, but please bear with me. Thank you!

P.S. Reemergence of the scum team. Prepare your barf bags...

He Zizhong didn't know when third-level zombies would appear, let alone whether the zombie he met today was a third-level zombie. In his previous life, before he died, he had only heard of second-level zombies. But the previous life's memory is no longer accurate in this respect. They have encountered at least six or seven second-level zombies now, but he has never heard of these things in the same period in his previous life. It can be seen that even if there really are third-level zombies, it will take a while before such news will be passed on.

At around midnight, the members of the Samsara team finally figured out how to operate the gas station and drew out almost all the gasoline that could be taken out. Even He Zizhong and Fang Hao's car had six or seven barrels of gas stored in the back. The convoy rested on the spot for one night, and after one night, moved forward again in the direction of city A.

No one knew why the street was so clean when they departed, but there many scattered zombies on the road now. Equipped with new cars, everyone was eager to crash into the zombies they encountered along the way. But after playing for more than an hour, most of them were already numb.

Although there had a lot of weapons in each car, but god knew when they could obtain more bullets in the future, everyone tried to save some. Therefore, all the vehicles closed their doors tightly, hitting the zombies blocking the road.

Along the way, the convoy encountered two man-made roadblocks. The predators driven by Guo Bing directly ran over them, and no one bothered stopping their vehicles. The team members who suffered from being looted raised their eyebrows, opening their side windows and pointed their middle fingers at the robbers hiding on the side of the road.

Around four or five o'clock in the afternoon, the convoy drove from the outer ring of the urban area of city A towards the base. At their current speed, they should be able to reach the base around seven or eight p.m.

No matter how good the cars were, everyone was tired from driving without stopping for a long time. It was easy to panic when tired. Knowing they were nearing the base, people finally breathed a sigh of relief, and the overall speed of the convoy dropped slightly, ready to drive back to the base steadily.

As the car was moving, the intercom suddenly rang, and Chen Ning's voice came out: "Attention all cars! Attention all cars! Prepare to speed back to the base! Be careful, don't get tied up by other cars!" Guo Bing's voice came out: "Fuck! Is that Overlord's motorcade! Why did they attract so many zombies?!"

Overlord?

He Zizhong and Fang Hao looked at each other and frowned: "Ready the guns, and be careful not to misfire."

Fang Hao nodded as they came around the turn. It was only after turning over that they understood why Guo Bing had cursed the street— On a connecting road next to theirs, several cars merged on their current road. While there were only six or seven cars driving over, there were a large number of zombies behind them!

"Zizhong, do you want us to change positions?" He Zizhong's ability can be used remotely, and his marksmanship is not very accurate. Fang Hao is afraid that he will not be able to react to an accident.

"It's okay, our car is strong enough and we don't need to attack the zombies outside for the time being." He Zizhong also felt his scalp tingling when he saw the group of dark zombies outside, but he still calmly judged the situation and picked up the front walkie-talkie. "Guo Bing, if the situation is not good, it's better to go separately. After escaping, everyone returns to the base and reintegrate."

Guo Bing immediately reacted: "Yes, everyone pay attention. If the situation is not good, everyone will escape separately. Try not to fight with the zombies and hurry back to the base!"

As soon as the voice on the intercom fell, one of the cars merging into the road scraped the side of He Zizhong's car, causing them to tilt to the left involuntarily.

"This is still a new car!" They just obtained a new car and was hit like this in one day. The two of them were a little bit angry-if they hadn't met the Overlord team, how could they have encountered such an unlucky thing? !

Fang Hao was distressed about the new car and worried that He Zizhong would be implicated. On the other hand, He Zizhong was filled with old and new hatred, filling with anger towards the other team.

The car that hit He Zizhong's car stopped in place, and barely followed the convoy with half the front of the car.

Suddenly, an Overlord team car plunged forward and smashed into the back of Guo Bing’s car. The window suddenly opened, and one hand grabbed a group of bright red cloth and stuffed it into the rear baffle of the domineering and mighty predator’s car. Immediately, the car turned in another direction as soon as it swung its front, trying to turn at the intersection not far ahead.

"What are they doing?" Fang Hao also saw this scene, and looked at the red, inconspicuously stuck thing behind Guo Bing's car in doubt, and couldn't see any use for a while.

"That's blood." There was a glint in He Zizhong's eyes, and he raised his hand to pick up the walkie-talkie, "Guo Bing, slow down, your car was stuffed with a bloody cloth on the back of your car, wait until we take it off and then accelerate."

There was a noise in the intercom, but it was not Guo Bing who spoke but another car that was also behind Guo Bing and his car: "Damn! I was wondering what they did? So red, using blood to lure zombies to another car? That's just evil!"

Chen Ning's voice immediately sounded: "Let’s stabilize the speed. Come over and check the other vehicles as much as possible to see if there is something more there."

While Chen Ning was speaking, he could hear Guo Bing's curses coming from inside. Obviously, no one would have thought that the Overlord team would so quickly come up with a plan to cause trouble, by letting another team distract the zombies. They were caught off guard.

The two groups of people met unexpectedly. They were originally going their own way, but when meeting this kind of person, it was really difficult to press down the anger in one's heart.

He Zizhong opened the window and approached Guo Bing's side of the car. Fang Hao helped hold the steering wheel. He Zizhong reached out his arm and grabbed the piece of red cloth. He dropped it on the ground and washed away the blood on his hand with mineral water.

"Is there any people with water abilities? Come over and wash their car." Normally it would take a while for the blood to dry. But there are a large number of zombies behind now. Once everyone is separated, Guo Bing and his car will most likely be followed by a large number of zombies!

"I have, I have, let's go there!" The car with the water abilities approached, and a few water arrows shot out to wash away the blood stains behind Guo Bing's car, while He Zizhong's vehicle drove side by side with the predator.

"Be careful! It's down!" At the intersection ahead, a tall dead tree on the side of the road suddenly began to fall. The sound of several cars breaking was heard, and the entire convoy was suddenly divided into several directions.

"Zombies! Mutant zombies!"

"Go separately! Find your way back to your base!"

...

In such chaos, the convoy that was forced together was disrupted. On He Zizhong's side, there were three other cars heading in the same direction. But what made them vomit blood, was all three are vehicles from the Overlord team! Worse, among them was the evil car that stuffed a red handkerchief behind Guo Bing's car.

That car raced at front, leading the way. And behind was a dense army of zombies, blocking the retreating road tightly. From time to time there were zombies swaying out of nearby building to join the chasing horde.

"Why are there so many zombies?" Fang Hao's scalp was numb, as he stared at the rearview mirror suspiciously.

"I'm afraid they have wounded in their car." Otherwise, where did the bloody handkerchief come from? If there was no bloody smell, most of these zombies will not follow them all the way.

"Can you pass them?" Fang Hao looked at the three cars in front of him, only to realize that they were in a triangle formation, blocking all the spots they could possibly overtake them from!

He Zizhong sneered: "Don't be afraid, we can enter the space at worst." He wanted to see how these people could escape? Among other things, today they even added gas on the road, and he didn't believe that the battery life of the three cars in front would surpass that of his own car!

Even if he can't escape the zombies, they can still enter the space. Of course, in order not to reveal the secrets of the space, he will definitely choose a safe place to enter. As for using the Overlord team as a shield? Sorry, he did not have such a noble sentiment.1As in, he doesn't care if he uses the other team as a shield.

"Yeah!" Fang Hao nodded vigorously, staring at the three cars in front with a trace of resentment in his eyes. These people really didn't even want face!2As in, they're shameless in wanting to block the way and preventing them from overtaking it.

"Check the doors and windows are all closed." He Zizhong breathed out. Fang Hao moved quickly, confirming that there were no gaps in the car, and exclaimed: "It's still a solid car. The doors of the car are not deformed."

"Of course, it's a bulletproof car. Their hit earlier was not too heavy either." He Zizhong paused, "Take the binoculars and check if Allen is in one of the three cars in front."

Fang Hao quickly turned out the binoculars and observed it carefully. After a while, he said, "In the car at the front left! Sitting in the back row...the one by the window seems to be a woman...maybe it is your cousin?"

"What about the first car?"

"There are people in the driver's seat and the co-pilot. I don't know who it is. There is only one person sitting on the side in the back seat..."

"There may be another person in the back row. If he is injured, he may not be able to sit."

"There are 6 people in the car on the right. They have supplies in the car, and they can’t see what they are."

He Zizhong nodded, thinking about what to do when the rear end of the car suddenly shook.

"Zombie! It jumped over!" Fang Hao quickly turned his head and looked back. Several level two speed zombies followed the closest behind, one of which had am amazing jumping ability and almost jumped onto their car just then. "Do you want to use the guns?"

"No. You go put away the materials behind." He Zizhong calmly ordered. He did not have an obligation to clean up the zombies for Allen and the others.

Fang Hao raised his hand, and just collected the various materials, medicines, and weapons on the back row into the space. He Zizhong quietly opened the first-line car window and condensed the wind and gold abilities into a handy one. On the toothpick, it shot at a wheel on the middle car in the front!

There was a loud noise in front, Fang Hao quickly turned around, and saw that a bus from an unknown place fell to the ground not far away, blocking their way!

"Hurry up!" He Zizhong said urgently, then slammed the steering wheel. The whole car drifted and rushed into a shopping mall by the roadside!

25