69. Crisis vine
5.4k 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As He Zizhong's horizontal knife blocked the second-level speed zombie, Fang Hao's figure beside him flashed, and a stab slammed into the neck of the second-level zombie!

With a "chi" sound, the zombie retreated abruptly, but a hole was still pierced in its neck. Immediately afterwards, He Zizhong's figure seemed to turn blue as he quickly followed up!

"Don't be stunned! Come on!" Yin Dong's voice suddenly sounded, making the members of the Overlord team return to their senses, and they rushed to another zombie whose foot was frozen by Allen.

Even with one foot frozen and movement flexibility restricted, second-level zombies are not so easy to deal with. It took a full five or six minutes before the second-level zombie fell on the marble floor under everyone's combined siege.

"Quick! Go to the roof!" Hearing the voice from the stairwell, Yin Dong quickly reminded everyone. There was no time to even pick up the crystal nuclei in the zombie's brains.

The stairwell that everyone had just used to head upstairs did not lead to the top floor. What really led to the top of the building was a safe passage on the other side. When Allen's group rushed to the safe passage, they were filled with lingering fears seeing the other zombie that had also fallen. It's head was beautifully cut, leaving only a thin hole in the temple... there are only two of them! How can they kill a second-level zombie so quickly?!

It was too late to think deeply as the sound of more zombies screaming erupted from the stairwell. A huge zombie was struggling to climb the gate, and it was even followed by a few speed zombies! It can be seen that if this zombie was not too big to block the speed zombies behind, they should have rushed in like the two speed zombies in front!

"Quickly! Quickly!" The people running in front yelled loudly. Everyone rushed into the stairwell. With their speed boosted by abilities, He Zizhong and Fang Hao naturally did not fall behind. The door of the safe passage was quickly shut by several people, and after that, they remaining group ran to the top of the building.

As he rushed to the top floor, the door below heard the sound of being knocked open by something heavy. He Zizhong followed Fang Hao to protect him all the way upstairs. Suddenly, he felt something tighten around his waist and he was entangled in something living!

Thinking it was a zombie that caught up, He Zizhong didn't turn his head directly, but he just added a gold-type power to his elbow and slammed backwards. The elbow hitting backwards hit empty space, and He Zizhong looked down at his waist in a daze. He had heard of a kind of zombie that can entangle people with his tongue as a weapon, and thought he had encountered that kind of mutant zombie. But who knew that the thing wrapped around his waist turned out to be a dark green vine with leaves?

Xu Lili?!

He instantly thought of people who could control plants as weapons. She saw someone running ahead quickly and wanted him to pull her to move faster?

If Xu Lili called to help and asked him to assist, while he would be unhappy and unwilling, since there was no direct conflict between them since he was reborn and she was still polite when facing him, he would throw something behind and help her block the zombies. But now she was silent and suddenly wrapped him with vines, how can he agree to her wish?

Feeling the force of the vines around his waist, she seemed to be pulling him back to act as her shield. In his previous life, He Zizhong recalled seeing Xu Lili secretly using her ability to pull others to plug zombies' mouths. He instantly applied his gold ability on the knife and lightly swiped at the vine wrapped around him. The dogleg knife was originally sharpened to be very sharp. Coupled with the blessing of gold, even if the vines were evolved plants, they would definitely be cut off by He Zizhong. What's more, the one's wrapped around just some ordinary crops?

Quietly cutting the vines, He Zizhong raised his hand to support Fang Hao's lower waist, and rushed into the top door with him so hard on his feet.

Startled that her hand was suddenly empty, Xu Lili couldn't shake, and almost fell backwards. Fortunately, behind her was her companion who had escaped from city F and her nominal boyfriend. At this moment, he subconsciously helped her. "Be careful!"

"Thank, thank you..." Xu Lili hurriedly continued to dash up the stairs, but the more she ran, the more she felt that the monster behind her was about to catch up! The person following her suddenly screamed and was taken away by a zombie!!

In fact, He Zizhong misunderstood Xu Lili this time. She wanted to entangle a person with vines to flee with her, but the stairs in front were curved, so she didn't even see who she tied up! What's more, they're in a crisis right now. Before they set out on the mission, vice captain Yin Dong solemnly reminded them several times that they should try not to shout loudly even when they are escaping as this will attract more zombies. If someone dared shout loudly when there are zombies, even if everyone escapes safely, they will be punished severely!

She wanted to ask He Zizhong to rescue her, but did not dare speak out.

"Quick, come in!" One person stood at the door and stretched out his hand to Xu Lili-she is the only plant ability person in the team. If she died, the loss this time would be too great! So when they went out to collect supplies this time, she was one of the team's key protection targets!

Rushing into the gate, the person who had been running next to Xu Lili turned around to close the gate, and took the iron rod handed by others and wanted to jam the door. Who knows, a zombie's claws rushed in and scratched his chest!

When the people next to him saw this, they quickly pulled him away and stuck the iron rod behind the doorknob.

"Block the door, Lily, come and build the bridge!" Allen immediately ordered Xu Lili, whose legs had softened to the point where she couldn't take one more step, asking her to use plants to build a vine bridge that could reach the top floors on the opposite side.

Xu Lili trembled all over, almost unable to stand still. Frightened, she took the plant that was handed over by one person, urging her to use her abilities. From the corner of her eyes, she watched the injured person on the side.

Yin Dong stood beside the man whose chest was scratched with a cold face.

The blood on the man's chest dyed more than half his clothes red. At this moment, he was lying on the ground and panting.

"Vice, vice cap..."

"Are there any bites on the body?"

The man desperately shook his head. He knew what treatment he would receive if he was bitten by a zombie. It was only scratched! It's a scratch! It will be okay after some rest, and he will not become a zombie!

Yin Dong nodded his head, his complexion was a little relieved. "I'll let someone take you over in a while. Don't move now."

"Thank you, vice captain, thank you!" The man relaxed his spirit gratefully and closed his eyes.

With a sneer, a sharp air current suddenly cut off his neck, and the last gleam of brilliance was lost in his blank eyes.

Allen turned his head at this time, frowned and asked, "You killed him?"

Yin Dong calmly put away his dagger. "Based on our experience, even if it is just a scratch, there is a high chance to turn. The base proved that the zombie virus spreads very fast, and even a little liquid splashing can cause it to be spread." After finishing speaking, his eyes coldly swept over some people who were in a daze. "If you don't want to be infected, don't move him. We will evacuate as soon as possible."

Allen sighed and looked at the roof gate. "This situation is not suitable for him to be buried..."

"We will pay homage to them when we go back. If we can't get back, we won't even have a memorial service."

He Zizhong stood aside coldly and watched the two people, one with a red face and the other with a white face. It was very lively. He had to say that even if other members were dissatisfied with Yin Dong's behaviour, in the face of Allen's performance, it was also covered up.1Re: They're playing good cop, bad cop. Yin Dong is the bad cop, attracting dislike, while Allen pretends to be the compassionate and humane good cop. What's more, there are zombies knocking on the door.

Fang Hao suddenly leaned over to He Zizhong's ear and whispered: "Real or fake?"

"You can tell?" He Zizhong raised his eyebrows again. Because he knew what kind of person Allen was from his last life, he was able to see that the two of them had put on a play, and acting to stabilize people's hearts. He didn't expect Fang Hao to be able to see it.

Fang Hao curled his lips: "Of course. There is no sadness in his eyes. It is far more fake than the scenes he filmed before the end of the world!"

He squeezed his hand with a smile. Unexpectedly he was quite sensitive to this aspect.

Xu Lili, who had been peeking backwards, finally set up the vine bridge. A little sad and relieved, she secretly glanced at the dead man. That person was the companion who escaped from city F. Because he took good care of her and pursued her along the way, in order to have a backer and because she saw he was quite capable and an ability user, she promised him on the road in front of the base.

After he was injured just now, she was always worried about whether he would become a zombie. Fortunately...

She quietly glanced at Allen, who was standing on the edge of the roof and looking across. Since she entered the Overlord team and saw the idol she admired before the end of the world, she wanted to break up with that person and be with Allen. But there was no good excuse, and it was not easy to kick him to find another role (what if Allen was dissatisfied with what he did?). Fortunately, this kind of accident happened now...

After the green road was built, Yin Dong asked a physique ability to slide over and secure the other end, and then everyone would pass by after that person landed safely. At this time, the Overlord members who saw He Zizhong and Fang Hao killing zombies did not express any discontent welcoming the pair to escape together. Yin Dong didn't move any hands or feet either2As in, he didn't play any small tricks, such as threatening with the bridge.-it was better to keep the two with such high combat power by his side alive.

The door behind was smashed by zombies. It can be seen that the people caught in the stairwell have been finished off by them. He Zizhong and Fang Hao's turn to slide across was in the middle of the team. After waiting for the last person to land safely, one of the team members swung a knife and cut off the vines. A few zombies on the opposing tall building rushed to the edge of the roof and roared.

"It's finally safe for the time being." Allen comforted everyone. "Everyone can relax, and see if we can find a safer place to stay."

Yin Dongze said: "It's not safe yet. The gap between the buildings is quite close, and there are mutant zombies on the other side. If any zombies can jump over...I suggest that continuing heading over there."

26