71. Ambition
5.6k 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sudden thought made He Zizhong's heart move. Now that the situation outside is so dangerous, it is indeed a good opportunity. But how would he do it? How can he do it without Fang Hao worrying...

Of course He Zizhong killed someone in his life - how could he avoid it?

In the previous life, once the Overlord team began to hunt him, many people surrounded them outside the base. If they didn't fight back, they would die.

At that time, Fang Hao was by his side. Without any abilities, he could only use his life-for-a-life style to fight for a way out. Afterwards, Fang Hao healed his wounds bit by bit. In those days, there was not much difference between killing people and killing zombies.

But the problem now is-he doesn't want Fang Hao to worry about such things.

Fang Hao leaned on He Zizhong’s shoulder, and didn’t feel that he hid a murderous intent in his heart. But after seeing He Zizhong’s reaction in their last few encounters with Allen and the others, he was definitely sure: "Do you hate Allen and them?"

He Zizhong looked down at him and blinked: "You can tell? Is it obvious?" If joy and anger are visible on his face, could they see it as well? That would affect any actions in the future...

Fang Hao shook his head: "It's not obvious, but I can feel it." He frowned, "Actually, I don't like them either..."

"Why?" He Zizhong was a little puzzled.

"Hmm... I just don't like it very much. The look in his eyes when he looks at people makes people uncomfortable." Fang Hao went down to continue eating.

He Zizhong frowned, and suddenly remembered Allen's... habits. Yes, it is habit. Both men and women are okay. He doesn't separate the meat and vegetables. Although he has a polite and considerate appearance, in fact, there are more than one or two people who have an affair with him. Some people said that the reason he could mix well in the base since the start of the apocalypse was in part due to his ability, but the other part was because his original gold master had a high position in the base. It is an advantage that cannot be underestimated.

And since he could accept even Dai Jun's back then, Fang Hao...

His heart suddenly tensed, and He Zizhong suddenly felt a sense of crisis. Before, his mind never turned in this direction, but thankfully with Fang Hao's reminder...

"He is too enthusiastic towards us." It is not just an enthusiasm to win them over. In retrospect, He Zizhong realized Allen's eyes floated on Fang Hao more times than on himself! When looking at him, he's looking at his strength, but when looking at Fang Hao, he are looking at the beauty! The meaning between the two is completely different!

Feeling that He Zizhong's mood was a little tense, Fang Hao raised his head to look at him, and suddenly laughed: "You are so powerful, of course he wants to draw us together."

He Zizhong shook his head and pinched his chin to softly kiss his lips. "Stay away from him in the future. That person... he's not a vegetarian."

Fang Hao froze, and laughed at first, thinking that He Zizhong was a little worried. But suddenly remembering an event, the expression on his face froze. "That..."

"En?"

"Today... Two times when we slid across the vines, he stood at the end... I was afraid that I would hit and tackle him down, so I simply jumped onto the roof at the end..." In fact, Fang Hao just subconsciously did not want to have any physical contact with people other than He Zizhong. Thinking about it now, the situation at that time was indeed a bit weird. As the boss of another team, why did he come to pick him up? Wasn't this matter the responsibility of that physique ability user?

He Zizhong's face turned black in an instant. When he didn't think about it, these things seemed normal, but when he took it to heart, he felt that there were problems everywhere! He is not a person who can really endure his anger. It doesn't matter if his bracelet was snatched by that bastard in his previous life. In this life, he even dared snatch his wife?!

Maybe he should just kill him while it’s dark...

"Maybe we're thinking too much. But it’s really inconvenient to move with them like this." There is clearly a car in the space, so they can drive away once there's a place with fewer zombies. But now they're forced to mix with them. Even the later escape plan is unclear! Fang Hao expressed his dissatisfaction with this.

A thought flashed in He Zizhong's mind, and the original killing intent retracted. "Yes, let's think of way to separate from them tomorrow."

Dai Jun, Xu Lili... There are many people who like Allen. Some of them are people who worshipped him before the end of the world. Some of them fancied his strength after the end of the world. Letting a person die is very simple. He can wait for them to fall asleep and cut off their heads. But letting them live and making trouble secretly, watching them be unlucky but unable to find the culprit is also a good way... Of course, if they dared blame him, he will never let it go peacefully.

It’s just that he has to find a chance...

Putting his hand Fang Hao’s head, he gently stroked the soft strands. "In the future, stay away from their team. This kind of team that wants to make a name for themselves is plentiful, and also very messy. We don't need to mix with them."

The two of them slept in shifts until midnight when there was a quiet knock on the door. He Zizhong was the night watcher. Hearing the sound, he gently put Fang Hao's head on the rolled clothes to let him continue sleeping, and he got up to open the door.

It turned out to be Xu Lili? It just so happened that he had just thought of an idea, and she came to the door by herself.

"What's up."

"Um...cousin, can I go in and say?"

In the darkness, He Zizhong was silent for a while before turning his body sideways to let Xu Lili in.

The two did not go to where Fang Hao slept inside, but stopped at the door.

Xu Lili lowered her head. She knew that He Zizhong did not want to see her, nor did she like He Zizhong. Who made a female high school classmate fall in love He Zizhong in her sophomore year. But when she helped to mention it, he ruthlessly rejected it and made herself lose face in front of her classmates?

Fine, that girl's appearance was really... even she felt sorry as a bystander. But at the time her mother slandered He Zizhong's mother and him at home, coupled with the fact that she lost face, and later found out that he was gay... All sorts of things combined together and she completely put He Zizhong in the category of 'heaven and earth' enemy.

But now the situation is like this... she has to find a way to improve her relationship with him.

Xu Lili lowered her head, concealed her unwillingness, took out her handkerchief and wiped her tears: "Brother, I know you don’t like me. I’ve always been straightforward and loved to offend people. But now it’s the end of the world, I’m your only relative... Mom and dad on the first day of the last days... Then I ran out of F city with brother De and them. He took care of me all the way, but today..."

He Zizhong's mind made a turn, before realizing the brother De she mentioned was the man who was killed by Yin Dong today.

Seeing He Zizhong did not speak, Xu Lili continued to wipe her tears: "Although I have abilities now, I am not the only ability person in the Overlord team! My ability is not lethal either. Cousin, Allen and his team - they are all very good. Why don't you think about it? It can also be counted as helping me!"

He Zizhong didn't continue with her line of conversation, and instead said: "I think your captain takes good care of you."

"Huh?" Xu Lili looked up, puzzled.

He Zizhong’s figure was hidden in the darkness, so Xu Lili could not see his expression, nor could she see the inexplicable light in his eyes: "Your ability is more oriented towards logistics and support. If you can find good crop seeds, it can play a significant role in dealing with zombies. However, considering that you are a girl, it’s better to do logistics in the base. With your ability, if you can find a good team to support you and help you, if you collect seeds, you will definitely maximize your own benefits.” It’s rare that He Zizhong would say so many things to her. Xu Lili hurriedly pricked up her ears and listened - she always knew He Zizhong was very smart. When he was a child, he would always be used as her mother's "child of another family"1As in, compared with him. It's very common in such cultures for parents to compare their kids with other, better or smarter kids.."I don’t know if you can tell, but I feel that your captain’s eyes are indeed different from those of others. Of course, I can’t guarantee that he has such an idea. But I am a man after all, and he is really good to you."

After voicing such compliments against his own heart, He Zizhong silently lit a wax for his own morals. He did not want to speak such disgusting things. But who made him suddenly have this idea, and Xu Lili even sent herself to his door?

Xu Lili naturally didn't know what he was thinking, but He Zizhong's words and Allen's special care during the day today made her face a little feverish. She lowered his head and squeezed her hands: "He is a big star, what woman hasn't he seen..."

"No matter how good your appearance is, it may not be suitable. It's the apocalypse now and your ability is very useful to their team." After his words now, Xu Lili's heart was filled with all kinds of thoughts, and her mind went crazy.

Fang Hao in the room seemed to turn over and found that He Zizhong was not there. He called out in a daze, "Zizhong..."

"I'm here." He Zizhong replied and turned to Xu Lili. "It's late. We still have rush early tomorrow. You should go back and rest quickly."

Xu Lili nodded quickly, turned and left. She was still contemplating what He Zizhong had said in her heart-since even He Zizhong could see it, Allen was really different towards her!

After the idea entered her head, it could no longer be suppressed. She wanted to take her time originally. After all, her boyfriend just died, so going to Allen so soon would invite people to gossip, but...

As she was thinking about it, the door of a room not far away opened. A figure walked out.

"Who?"

"It's me."

"Oh, Lili, why are you out so late? Although it's safe in the corridor, it's better to be careful." It was Allen's voice.

Suddenly, Xu Lili's heart moved. She lowered her head and twitched her nose twice, making a sob sound.

Sure enough, Allen, who heard her wronged voice, came over and asked concerned: "What's the matter?"

She shook her head. "Allen, am I very useless? If it wasn't for him protecting me..."

Allen has long been accustomed to this kind of hug and embrace. Besides, Xu Lili is now his own team member, so it's not easy to push away immediately. Coupled with her special plant ability, comforting a wounded woman has always been one of Allen's greatest strengths. After hearing the sound, he raised his hand and gently patted her shoulder to show comfort, eyes sweeping towards the closed door of He Zizhong and Fang Hao as he walked Xu Lili in the other direction.

"It's none of your business. If you want to blame someone, you have to blame me. The captain is too weak and can't protect his members..."

"How can I blame you? This time is so dangerous..."

One has the heart to console and intention to win over. One willingly sent themselves to embrace and hug. The two figures disappeared in the room where Allen had just come out.

23