77. Experiment lift-off
5.5k 7 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing the woman getting angry, the rest of the people understood and pointed fingers at Guo Bing and his party. "Those are our relatives! You claim they became monsters, so they are monsters? What if they can be cured? You still have to pay for murdering them all of a sudden!"

The man in the lead also sighed, raised his hand to stop the crowd, and said to Chen Ning: "However it's said, you are considered as having helped us. We should pay some at the very least..."

"Third uncle, they killed my dad!"

"If we don't kill him, how can we get out?" That third uncle spoke to the person behind him. After winking, the people behind him grunted and said nothing.

The woman holding the grain suddenly stood up and lifted up the fifty-catty rice bag with great effort. "Go wherever you like. Anyway, I am not going anywhere. I'm still waiting for my son to come back and pick me up. No one should have the idea of taking my family's food!"

Guo Bing put his hands in the pockets of his jacket, squinted at the scene. After waiting for the woman to finish speaking, he sneered, and pulled out his gun to shoot at her feet. Those people were did not expect he really dared shoot, and stared at him with wide eyes. 

After sweeping around the group, Guo Bing twirled the gun in his hand around. "Okay, don't waste time talking. Go back to wherever you came from. You guys, continue with the previous task."

Hearing his sound, the Samsara team walked into the yards again. The man called 'third uncle' and crowd behind him did not dare move, but the fat woman threw herself on the bag of rice. "Why don't you give it a try?! I don't believe it - if you have the ability, kill me!"

Before her words fell, there was another "peng" sound as a bullet hit the woman's leg, and she screamed like a pig.

The person who shot this time was Chen Ning. Still wearing a good-tempered smile, he raised his chin. "Throw her back to the previous yard." Mengzi nodded. Without a word, he silently lifted the woman like lifting a small chicken, and threw her back into the yard where the group of people were hiding before.

Chen Ning turned his head and looked at those people. "Okay, go back. The excitement of this world is not that beautiful."

Those people flew back to the yard trembling, and quickly shut the door behind tightly.

Guo Bing then said again: "Everyone go back to work." Then, he pointed to a team member carrying a small gun. "Keep watch. If someone cares come out, shoot them back."

"Yes, I'll complete the task." The man stood at the gate of the courtyard with his gun in his arms.

"Go, let's go collect things." He Zizhong turned and took Fang Hao back to the previous yard. He Zizhong had nothing to say about these people. They hid in the yard since the apocalypse, and even dared bite back the people who helped them clear the zombies at their door... Do you really think that those who go out after the apocalypse are bodhisattva-hearted? Willing to save people for free and send them to a safe area for free?

Before dark, the people gathered all the food they found in this village into the Guo Bing courtyard selected. Because many things had gone bad, they were left behind. But the combined number of intact things piled together was not small.

After counting the numbers, Zhang Xiaoming, who was responsible for counting and registering the items, recorded it down.

Guo Bing crossed his hands behind his back and spoke first: "Everyone has seen what happened today. I will add another rule to our team. Don't be messy and save people when you go out in the future! Today we met someone who wanted to bite back. The one tomorrow might want to stab a knife in the back. At that time, you'll have to see how many lives you have!"

"Boss, don't worry, there are no fools in our team." All of them have mixed in society since before the apocalypse. After being discharged from the army, they have encountered difficulties everywhere and no one has not eaten bitterness1As in unlucky or bad things happening.  They're not fools who will believe what others say easily... not to mention how many dark truths seen when escaping or in the base after the end of the world? Who knows how many times their world view has been refreshed.

"Okay, let's do it like that. We'll look for seeds when it dawns tomorrow." Seeing that no one behaved unusually, Guo Bing nodded in satisfaction.

Those things like food, which were afraid of water spoilage, were first waterproofed. After they were checked and registered, Chen Ning arranged for people to put things on each car separately.

After one night of stiffly sleeping on the cold ground, Fang Hao rubbed his sore neck. He Zizhong smiled bitterly: "In a while, I'll give you a rub back in the car." Now they're still in the house and with others around, it's not easy to use abilities.

The two got up and washed briefly, and Guo Bing went to find them after breakfast.

"Although we got some grain this time, and some of its unopened, it's hard to say whether it can be eaten or not. And no one has found any seeds in this village yet."

He Zizhong said clearly: "Go to another place to see the situation?"

"That's what we plan to do. We have to collect more stuff once we come out, otherwise we won't even have enough gas money." After that, Guo Bing laughed, lit a cigarette and looked at the rain outside the window with a little worry. "Don't know when the rain outside will stop. Things like seeds are bad in humidity. If it falls for too long, we may not be able to grow something even if we can find it later."

"Fine, we have no problem. "He Zizhong understood what he meant. After thinking about it, he decided to sell some good news. "I heard that there is a crop exchange meeting in city M in H province in March and April. They usually sell to all the subordinate towns in H province. Although the seeding season has passed, there should be a lot of related shops."

Guo Bing's eyes lit up: "M city?!"

"M city is not far from here, so our current firepower should be enough to find supplies there." He Zizhong nodded. Among the seeds he found online, there is a shop with a relatively complete variety in M City. He also accidentally saw such news online before.

Guo Bing patted him hard on the shoulder. "Thank you brother. If there's anything in the future, just say so!" If this kind of news is sold in the base, they can definitely earn some points. This time their Samsara team is cooperating with He Zizhong and Fang Hao, and took advantage of the situation. Otherwise Guo Bing estimated that even if the pair didn't go themselves, they might not necessarily sell such news.

He Zizhong laughed. "There is no way to go only with the two of us. It's safer to go together."

He Zizhong is not the only one who knows the news . Many people on the base also know about it. But city M is away from city A. It can't be considered too close, but can also be considered far. Especially now that no one has the ability to travel more than half of H province to get there. Let alone how many zombies might be there? The situation in H province is also unclear.

Even if some of the remaining ordinary people know the news, it is farther from the coastal area of city A than city F. Ordinary people would rather move around city A first and collect more supplies, since the seed mission gives many points. But even if they get the seeds, most ordinary people don't have the time to plant them. In the end, they have to hand it over to the base officials, and the gains and returns are too disproportionate.

Only today's Samsara squad, who has weapons and equipment, and He Zizhong and Fang Hao who are two large-scale humanoid weapons with high combat strength, dare to attempt it.

After hearing they were going to M city to get seeds, the team members all supported them with both hands. Compared to the last time going to get medicine, if they went back like this, everyone thought it was not enough. Especially now that they have guns in hand, they are naturally not afraid to go farther to find supplies. Anyway, there is no entertainment waiting for them when they return to the base.

Before leaving, Guo Bing asked someone to take two bags of 20 jin2A little more than 1lbs, or 60% of 1kg of rice, and one bag of 50 jin white flour. The opened, but undamaged bags were placed at the gate where the villages were. Then they drove away. Even if they don't want to see these people, they will leave them a way to survive. As for whether they can get back to the base smoothly? That's not something they can worry about.

 


 

“The number of zombies gathered in the direction of the base is increasing. If no action is taken, the defense line will shrink back again, and in the end, I'm afraid that zombies will block our walls and surround us all!" In the base, a group of bigwigs who can determine the destiny of the base and country held another big meeting.

"The experiment of the crystal nucleus still has not reached a conclusion. At this stage, it is only known that there is some unknown energy inside..."

"It seems that in a short period of time, we still cannot count on ability users..."

"What about the previous suggestion?"

"Which one?"

"That... the proposal to directly bomb the urban areas."

Before the voice fell, the room was silent.

Decades of construction, hundreds, and thousands of years of history, if destroyed...

"Now is the time for the survival of mankind."

"There may be survivors in the urban area..."

"But that's still a "may be" isn’t it? Today’s base can’t withstand a wave of zombies. Especially now! There's news that mutated zombies have been found in many places!"

"Then... how to bomb? Satellites are not available now, and the navigation tools are completely paralyzed. Planes can't fly in the sky!"

"Armed helicopter." One person suddenly slapped the table. "Find an experienced pilot to perform the task, and drop incendiary bombs on the zombies in the urban area!"

"Will there be any side effects? What if the incendiary bombs can't deal with the zombies?"

Everyone was silent again, and suddenly one person said: "Should you use a relatively small town for an experiment first?"

"Yes, this method is good! First choose a smaller one to try and see how it turns out!" Everyone in the room nodded. He whispered something again.

 


 

While He Zizhong and his group drove to M City, the base officials secretly prepared to dispatch the armed helicopter from the base’s original military camp.

When the helicopter reached to a position of about ten meters, suddenly the instrument panels inside suddenly stopped working one after another! It fell down uncontrollably! Even if the aircraft was not loaded with ammunition or weapons, it caused a big explosion when it fell! !

Nighttime in the base was always relatively quiet. Whenever survivors go out, whether to work or to look for supplies, it's always at day. Due to power cuts and other reasons, most families will stop working in the evening and prepare to rest, somewhat like ancient times, where they go out and rest based on the sunlight.

The sound of explosions and the 'fireworks' awakened countless survivors in the base. They trembled at home, not knowing what happened outside...

20