Chapter One Hundred & Twelve
58 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

As if overnight, Wang Bao could feel his body had become different. At first, he noticed a fall in his appetite then came the bad muscle pain like when he was pregnant with Hera. When Wang Bao felt his back seize up while at home alone, he quickly remembered that he actually didn’t like being pregnant. Wang Bao sat at his desk and tried to catch his breath from the spasm that was now happening in his back muscles, he was home alone since Nakai was at the training site with Hera and Aggie. Because Nakai had grading to do, Wang Bao didn't bother to call and thought he could wait out the few hours until Nakai would get back. The longer Wang Bao sat at his desk, the more his back pain transferred to his stomach and almost knocked the air out of his lungs. The pain was making Wang Bao pant and lose focus so he stood up, leaving the room to find more air. 

 

Outside, Wang Bao walked around the large house alone before pressing a button on his phone that Nakai had installed himself. The button sent out a signal to Raia and she was soon seen sprinting over from the otherside of the hill. Wang Bao held Raia’s fur while they walked around the house another five times. Wang Bao wanted to head to Raia’s stable in their back yard, however there was still intense pain running from his belly button to the base of his back. Wang Bao didn’t want to stay alone in the house anymore and he quickly checked the time, it had only been an hour and Nakai wouldn’t be back until another two. With sweat running down his face, Wang Bao walked to the front of his yard and out the gate, since he couldn’t see Nakai then he would go find his Brother. Raia could sense something was wrong with Wang Bao and gently nudged her head against Wang Bao while mewling. When Wang Bao pushed down on her neck, she crouched down. Wang Bao groaned in pain as he swung one of his legs over Raia’s body, once he was seated, Raia stood back up and Wang Bao groaned out where he wanted to go.

 

“Take me to Lei.”

 

Wang Bao leaned against Raia’s soft fur as she ran out of their property, her body moved fast though her movements were barely felt by Wang Bao. After less than a minute of running, Raia was slowing down to a walk then stopped at Wang Lei’s gate, Wang Bao stood up from Raia’s body once she crouched down and he pushed the small gate open. Just as Wang Bao took his first step onto the boardwalk, a wave of nausea hit him hard and Wang Bao threw up into the pond where the colourful fish lived. Wang Bao felt Raia behind him in case he needed her help but when he tried to push her back, his vision went black and his body fell into the water. Raia growled as she tried to nip at Wang Bao’s clothes but she wasn’t quick enough, the water splashed up onto the wood as Raia dove in straight after Wang Bao. Just as Raia entered the water, Wang Lei and Nera along with Karo pulled up outside, Raia was holding the unconscious Wang Bao up by the back of his clothes, her body still in the water when Karo skipped through the gate.

 

“Brother!”

 

Wang Lei ran through the gate as soon as he heard Karo scream with Nera close on his heels. Nera saw the sight before everyone else and he pulled Karo out of their yard to put him back in their car before helping Wang Lei by lifting Wang Bao from him. Within seconds Raia was left at Wang Lei’s house as they drove to the hospital. Karo sat in the front with Nera while Wang Lei held Wang Bao in his arms, checking his pulse and temperature to make sure he was still breathing. When they arrived at the hospital, a doctor took Wang Lei and Wang Bao to a private room while Nera left for the training area where Nakai was. As soon as Nakai saw Nera and a pale Karo walk through the door, he knew something was wrong and paused the grading, Nera only said four words when Nakai ran past him.

 

“Wang Bao’s in hospital.”

 

Nera spun around and threw his car keys to Nakai since he had parked right outside the doors and Nakia sped off to the hospital. Nakai was taken to Wang Bao’s room as soon as he arrived and saw a heart monitor connected to his hand once he opened the door. Wang Lei was full of stress as he was waiting for the doctor to tell him what was wrong, when he saw Nakai come in, he stood up and they both stood at the end of Wang Bao’s bed while he slept.

 

“They took some blood to see what caused him to collapse, Karo found him being held up by Raia in the pond at my house, it basically scared him to death.”

 

Nakai nodded along to what Wang Lei was saying and thought back to how Karo looked when he saw them, Nakai had only been standing in the room for thirty seconds when the doctor came into the room. She was also a Giant but not as large as Nakai. She greeted Nakai warmly while pulling out a tablet with Wang Bao’s information.

 

“Hello, I’m Doctor Cee, we did a blood test and found that Wang Bao is pregnant, is this something the two of you were aware of?”

 

Wang Lei and Nakai both stared at Doctor Cee with shocked expressions and she got her answer right away. 

 

“We saw that his iron levels are low among some other things but this wouldn’t cause him to fall unconscious like this, it’s best if we do an ultrasound and see what’s happening inside of him.”

 

Nakai agreed quickly and they were transferred to another room. Wang Bao was only waking up as he was being moved and jumped slightly since he thought he had gone back to the medical center in the palace. Nakai placed a hand on Wang Bao’s hand and calmed him down before they were all set up, Wang Bao looked at his now bare belly with confusion before remembering what happened. He snapped his head back to look at Nakai and rambled off a string of words.

 

“I-I think I’m pregnant, before, I was having stomach and back pains. The exact same ones like when I was pregnant with Hera.”

 

Nakai smiled softly and nodded.

 

“You know your body well, the doctor just got the results from your blood test.”

 

Oh. Wang Bao felt the cold jelly hit his stomach just as Nakai finished pointing towards the doctor and the device was pressed against his lower stomach. Wang Lei and Nakai watched the screen along with Wang Bao and Doctor Cee. Once a few minutes of silence had passed, Doctor Cee pressed a button and a quick heartbeat sounded in the room, Wang Bao felt Nakai rub his head lovingly before another heartbeat came through. The sound caused both Nakai and Wang Bao to freeze while looking at one another and the doctor spoke up in surprise.

 

“Oh, there are two fetuses.”

 

On the screen in front of them, they couldn’t see much but it was clear there were two heartbeats. When Wang Bao thought back to his and Nakai’s palms he found it was obvious now but a dark thought crossed his mind.

 

“Will my body be able to house two fetuses?”

 

When thinking back to his pregnancy with Hera, Wang Bao was already big and he found it hard to move by the end of it, now that there were potentially two Hera’s inside him, Wang Bao didn’t want to think about the weight his body would be carrying. The doctor tried to get clearer images of the fetuses to see how big they were but it seemed that they were camera shy. When she knew there was no chance of seeing the fetuses, the doctor shut the screen off and turned towards Wang Bao, a very serious look on her face.

 

“I won’t be able to answer that until we are able to see how far along you are. I read your file and saw that your daughter was just below average for a Giant Baby, from what I’ve read of her check ups though, she has grown quickly and is growing at an above average rate but that is thanks to Nakia’s genes. Since we don’t know how fast the two fetuses are growing, I don’t know if you’ll be capable of carrying both fetuses.”

 

Wang Bao was silent as he fully understood but Nakai narrowed his eyes at the doctor, not enjoying what he had just heard.

 

“Are you saying that if they’re growing at the same rate as Hera did, you’ll need to terminate one.”

 

The doctor wasn’t happy about the answer either but she had to discuss these outcomes since Wang Bao’s pregnancies were risking his life.

 

“We won’t know until we can see the fetuses but I need to let you know that a single termination may need to happen, especially since it puts Wang Bao’s life at risk to carry two Giant fetuses.”

 

Nakai wasn’t happy but he knew deep down it was better than having to lose Wang Bao. After checking Wang Bao’s vitals again the three men were sent on their way with instructions to come in the next day for another scan. Wang Bao thought he would be ecstatic once he found out he was pregnant, however the feeling was bittersweet. Wang Lei drove silently since he could feel how his Brother was feeling and it hurt him to see it, instead of dropping Nakai and Wang Bao off at their house, Wang Lei stopped outside his own house.

 

“Stay here tonight, I changed the sofa to a pull out so there’s enough beds for everyone.”

 

Wang Bao hit the back of his Brother’s shoulder with a frown.

 

“You couldn’t do that when we were actually staying here?”

 

Wang Lei simply shrugged before getting out, Raia was waiting by the gate like a good girl and when she saw Wang Bao was okay, she jumped over, rubbing her big face against him softly. Nakai came over as well as patted the top of Raia’s head. When Wang Lei opened the gate, Karo came sprinting out of the house, he jumped into Wang Lei’s arms before peeking over to see if Wang Bao was okay. Nakai saw Karo’s scared little face and came over, patting the boys head softly.

 

“Don’t worry about him, he’s a lot tougher than he looks.”

 

Karo looked up at Nakai before nodding and he was carried inside the house by Wang Lei. The next morning, Wang Lei drove Nakai and Wang Bao to their appointment, he even went as far as to wait in the car for them even though both Wang Bao and Nakai had refused. In the hospital room, Wang Bao had his flat stomach out with the cold jelly sitting on top. Doctor Cee rubbed the device in her hand over the jelly and Wang Bao’s uterus came onto the screen. The room was quiet while the doctor ran the tool over Wang Bao’s lower stomach until a fetus came into view on the screen. Measurements were quickly taken before she found the other fetus, taking more measurements. Once she was done, they started checking Wang Bao’s placenta on the screen but spoke as she worked.

 

“We will need Wang Bao to come in everyday for about two weeks so we can follow the growth of the fetuses, at the moment if we were going off of human fetuses, they look to be close to ten weeks. As for Giant fetuses, roughly four weeks.”

 

After the appointment, the information was relayed to Wang Lei and he nodded seriously but didn’t say anything. Just like that, Wang Bao and Nakai were driven to the hospital every morning by Wang Lei and everytime they told him what the news was, he would nod seriously without talking. By the time two weeks were almost up, Wang Bao dragged Wang Lei into his backyard and gave him a serious look.

 

“Is something wrong, Lei?”

 

“What makes you think that?”

 

Wang Lei looked calm as he sat down at the outside table, Wang Bao taking the chair beside him.

 

“You’ve been acting differently lately….It’s making me worried.”

 

“....We need to head back to the palace next month, Xei’s baby is due soon and he wants us there for the birth. I don’t know if travelling with your own situation still up in the air is wise.”

 

Wang Bao had completely forgotten that Wang Xei was going to be a Father and he sat quietly for a few seconds, in those few seconds, Wang Lei sighed heavily before he started speaking again, his voice almost distant.

 

“I didn’t realise how serious this was….I know the risks of male pregnancy but to end up losing you over it, I never thought of it until now.”

 

“That won’t happen, Lei.”

 

Wang Lei scoffed at his Brother’s confidence but didn’t comment. When Wang Bao saw Karo through the window playing with Hera, Wang Bao couldn’t help but turn back to his Brother.

 

“You and Nera….have you ever talked about pregnancy or ...having children of your own?”

 

“Both Nera and I can’t have kids.”

 

Wang Bao looked at his Brother in shock but Wang Lei didn’t want to say anymore and stood up, walking back inside by himself. Wang Bao didn’t know if he had crossed a line with his Brother or not and he sat outside until Nakai came to collect him. 

 

. . . . . . . .

 

At the end of two weeks, all the calculations for their twins' growth had been calculated and Wang Bao along with Wang Lei and Nakai, sat in a hospital room, waiting to hear the news. They didn’t need to wait long for Doctor Cee to walk in with a serious face before sitting in front of everyone.

 

“From the two weeks of scans, we can see that the growth of the fetuses are fast, practically on par with a Giant fetus. When I had first performed your scan, I said that if they were growing at the rate of a Giant fetus they would be roughly four weeks old, and now they are the size of six week old Giant fetuses.”

 

The room was silent as the news was presented. Nakai didn’t say anything as he stared at the ground while Wang Lei tensed his shoulders until he felt back pain. Wang Bao was the only one willing to talk once he took in the information, his voice stern.

 

“What if I want to keep both?”

 

Both Nakai and Wang Lei gave Wang Bao a serious questioning gaze while the doctor was taken aback, explaining the severity of their situation in a serious voice.

 

“Even among Giants, both male and female, it is hard on their bodies to bear twins, let alone a human carrying Giant twins. Your body is going to have to adjust itself immensely to support not only the size but weight of the fetuses, you are at serious risk of splitting your body in half.”

 

Wang Bao looked determined but didn’t say anything and shifted his gaze to Nakai who shook his head.

 

“Don’t look at me like that, I won’t lose you just to have a child, I told you that when you were pregnant with Hera and I still mean it.”

 

Doctor Cee could see Wang Bao didn’t want to go through with the single termination and she tried to diffuse the tension in the room, offering an ultimatum.

 

“There was a study done not too long ago with a human who had next to no healing ability. Their blood wouldn’t clot, it took twice as long as the average time for injuries to heal and the study was to see if using the healing particles in Giant’s blood would help them. The person went through five blood transfusions over the course of six months and by the end of it, they could heal faster than the average human.”

 

Wang Lei was the first to speak up, looking at the doctor coldly.

 

“My Brother isn’t some guinea pig.”

 

Doctor Cee didn’t say anything but at the end of the day it was Wang Bao’s and Nakai’s decision to make. Wang Bao and Nakai returned to their own home after the appointment, they went to different rooms to let the information from the hospital marinate. Nakai was brooding while staring into Raia’s stable and Wang Bao was sitting in his study, researching about the study Doctor Cee mentioned. By the late afternoon, Wang Bao could recite all the vital information of the study and went to find Nakai. When Wang Bao finally found him outside with Raia, he walked up behind Nakai and tapped his arm.

 

“I want to try the blood transfusion but I want it to be done with your blood.”

 

Nakai kept his back turned to Wang Bao as he continued brushing Raia, when Wang Bao received no response from Nakai, he walked beside him and pinched his arm firmly.

 

“Don’t ignore me.”

 

“I’m not ignoring you, I was simply making a wish.”

 

Wang Bao looked at Nakai as if he was crazy before Nakai told him what he wished for.

 

“I wished that I had never met you, that way you wouldn’t have to go through so much pain or risk your life.”

 

Hearing Nakai’s words made Wang Bao angry, he had never felt so much anger in his body because of Nakai and before he knew it, his fist had collided with Nakai’s mouth. Wang Bao shouted in pain as his hand shook while blood spilled down from Nakai’s lip. When Nakai turned his head back to face Wang Bao after being hit, he saw the damage done to Wang Bao’s hand and quickly pulled the man inside, even though Wang Bao was refusing to go with him. Inside the house, Wang Bao carried on yelling at Nakai for being a bastard while an ice pack was placed over his shaking hand. As soon as Wang Bao felt the chill of the ice, he hissed in pain, trying to draw his hand back but his wrist was in a firm grip inside Nakai’s hand. Wang Bao tried to push Nakai away with his good hand while talking coldly.

 

“Let go of me, I don’t want to see you right now.”

 

Wang Bao’s pushes were having no effect on Nakai and soon his body was pushed against the wall of the kitchen, Nakai looking down at him with a mix of anger and sadness. When he opened his mouth, his voice was loud.

 

“Why don’t you understand the severity of all of this? This could kill you! Why can’t you see the importance of your life like everyone else does?!”

 

Nakai walked away after shouting and Wang Bao watched him walk away with wide eyes, Nakai had never shouted at him like that before but he wasn’t scared, in fact he only now realised that Nakai had always been the one to care more for his safety and well being than himself. Wang Bao had been through so much yet had come out on top of it because Nakai was there to help him. Wang Bao pulled the ice pack away from his hand and could see a dark purple bruise already forming along the row of knuckles. When Wang Bao then thought back to Nakai’s bloody lip, he felt even worse and left the room to find Nakai. At first Wang Bao couldn’t find Nakai and thought he had left the house when he thought to check his study. Wang Bao pushed the door open slowly and saw Nakai sitting at his desk, reading the study that had been left on his computer. Wang Bao was holding a first aid kit in his hands while standing in the doorway, hesitant to walk into the room even though it was his own study. Nakai sighed and shut the screen off before standing up, walking over to Wang Bao.

 

“I don’t need that, the cut is already healed.”

 

Wang Bao held Nakai’s chin so he could see for himself but he still wanted to apply something to it.

 

“The cut should still be cleaned.”

 

Nakai let Wang Bao pull him back to Wang Bao’s desk and he sat down, allowing Wang Bao to clean the blood left on his lips easily. While Wang Bao wiped Nakai’s lips gently, he spoke in a small whisper.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t think about who I would be leaving behind if this failed.”

 

Nakai pushed Wang Bao’s hand away before pulling Wang Bao in to sit on his lap, kissing Wang Bao’s bruised knuckles before talking.

 

“I’m sorry too, I shouldn’t have said that or yelled at you.”

 

Wang Bao leaned against Nakai’s shoulder and kissed it before talking softly.

 

“I still want to go through with it though, will you be the blood donor?”

 

Nakai clenched his fists and sighed at Wang Bao’s stubbornness before his body relaxed and he grunted. 

 

“On the condition that if there’s any risk of you being hurt, we go through with the termination.”

 

Wang Bao agreed wholeheartedly before relaxing into Nakai’s chest.

1