Chapter One Hundred & Fifteen
56 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The nurse could see everyone relax once they heard the news and she pointed towards the door, her voice soft as she explained everything.

 

“His Majesty is inside there, feeding the baby. Lord Tomi has just finished with surgery.”

 

The group of four men were asked if they wanted to see Wang Xei but Nakai and Nera quickly declined since it wasn’t their place to stay. Wang Bao and Wang Lei both looked at each other and knew they wanted to stay so they quickly said goodbye before heading into the room. The room was dark as they walked inside and they could see Wang Xei was sitting alone with the baby in his arms. The sound of suckling and machines beeping were all that could be heard. When Wang Xei heard footsteps behind him, he glanced over his shoulder. The two men in front of Wang Xei could see he was in a better state of mind now.

 

“Tomi is okay, once he’s awake, he’ll be brought in here.”

 

Wang Xei’s tone was light but his Brothers could still hear the relief in his voice at the good news. Once Wang Bao and Wang Lei were by their Brother’s side, they took a look at the baby in his arms. Although the three Brothers had never spent a peaceful moment with all of them together in one room, the moment was quite tranquil between them. Wang Lei could see Wang Xei was tired so he pulled Wang Bao towards the door but quickly went back and patted Wang Xei on the shoulder.

 

“We’ll be staying a couple more weeks, take some time to get settled in and I’ll take care of the official affairs.”

 

Wang Xei looked up at Wang Lei in surprise before smiling softly.

 

“Thanks….you too, Bao. I’m glad the two of you are here.”

 

Wang Bao felt something in his chest as he heard Wang Xei’s words and he for once felt no bad feelings towards his oldest Brother. Wang Lei walked with Wang Bao out of the room and back to his quarters where everyone would be, on the way there Wang Lei placed an arm around Wang Bao before talking tenderly.

 

“The fear you felt today with Tomi, is the same I felt when you found out you were having twins. I don’t want to be the one that watches you die helplessly.”

 

“That won’t happen, Lei.”

 

Wang Lei hummed in agreeance as if he already knew that but it didn’t stop him from having that fear. When they finally made it to Wang Lei’s room, Wang Bao saw Nakai and Aggie waiting for him with Hera sleeping in Nakai’s arms. As soon as he saw his daughter, Wang Bao walked over and gave her chunky body a tight hug, not bothering to care if he was waking her up or not. 

 

. . . . . . . . . 

 

Just as Wang Lei had said, he took over for Wang Xei while Wang Bao visited Tomi, he was surprised to see the man who had just beaten death so spritely once he walked into the hospital room. Tomi sat up in bed while Wang Xei sat at the end of the hospital bed with their daughter in his arms. When Tomi saw Wang Bao had come into the room, his face softened into a grateful smile.

 

“Xei told me you and Lei came by yesterday. I’m glad you decided to come around again.”

 

“I needed to see that you were actually okay.”

 

Wang Bao scratched his head awkwardly before sitting beside Tomi’s bed, his eyes snuck a peak at Wang Xei who was rubbing the baby’s cheeks while she slept. Tomi caught Wang Bao’s surprised gaze and laughed lightly.

 

“It’s an odd sight, isn’t it?”

 

En. Wang Bao hummed while nodding his head slowly then turned back to Tomi, still surprised at how lively the man was. Seeing Wang Bao’s facial expressions made Tomi happy and he started talking to Wang Bao again.

 

“Thank you for yesterday...I know I should have said something earlier but I was too scared. You saved both my life and my baby’s life, Bao, I’ll always be grateful.”

 

Wang Bao shook his hands while laughing anxiously, his voice rushed as he continued shaking his hands.

 

“There’s no need for that, I-I was just as scared really, maybe even more than you...I couldn’t stop shaking….There...there was a lot of blood.”

 

“My placenta was attached too deeply to my womb, when baby was born, it tore away.”

 

Wang Bao widened his eyes before unconsciously patting his belly, as if to say to his unborn children “Don’t cause your Papa stress or pain when you come out.” Wang Bao didn’t want to take up too much of Tomi’s resting time so he said a few more words before heading out. 

 

. . . . . . . . .

 

After another two weeks, Wang Bao was feeling the effects of the pregnancy as well as the missed blood transfusion. While Laying in bed for an afternoon nap with Hera, Wang Bao groaned loudly. His stomach was unbearably itchy while also in pain. Wang Bao wanted to scratch the tender skin but fought off the urge by rubbing it instead. When Wang Bao let out another groan from a sudden surge of pain, Nakai came into the room to check on him. Nakai sat on the edge of the bed beside Wang Bao and rubbed over Wang Bao’s hand while asking.

 

“Is it your back or stomach?”

 

“My stomach, Lei said we’ll be staying here for another month since Wang Xei is helping Tomi. I don’t know how my body will handle not having the treatment done.”

 

Nakai frowned as he lifted Wang Bao’s shirt to see his pale skin. HIs stomach had rounded more but it wasn’t noticeable when he wore looser clothing. As Nakai ran his fingers over Wang Bao’s stomach, Wang Bao could feel the two fetuses inside him wriggle around and his breath hitched. The feeling wasn’t exactly painful for Wang Bao but it wasn’t pleasant either. Nakai’s frown deepened when he saw Wang Bao’s face scrunch up and he quickly thought about something before standing up..

 

“I’m going to see about something, you may be able to do treatments here. If not, I'll just fly Doctor Cee over, even if she has people depending on her.”

 

Wang Bao didn’t know what Nakai was planning but left him to do as he pleased. Once Nakai left Wang Bao in the room, he made a quick call to Nera before heading to the staff housing. Along the way, Nera met up with him and they continued walking, Nera asked Nakai curiously.

 

“Why don’t you just fly over Doctor Cee? You don’t know if you can trust this woman.”

 

“Wang Bao isn’t Doctor Cee’s only patient, besides, I’m curious about this doctor. The doctors in the palace have no background with separating the enzymes in Giant blood, yet the old doctor bargained for my blood. I want to know what she plans on doing with it.”

 

Nera hummed inquisitively as they arrived at the old doctors quarters, there were still guards outside her door and once they saw Nakai and Nera, they moved quickly. Inside, the old doctor was playing with a rabbit that was laying on top of her table. The animal seemed to be alive but not in the best of conditions. When the old doctor heard her door open, she looked over her shoulder before turning back to her rodent, her voice withered as she started speaking while her aged hands poked the rabbit in it’s joints roughly.

 

“You’ve finally come to see me. Your blood is very interesting, the vials King Lei gave me were enough to heal a whole dog from rabies and even improved his physique. Have you come to give me more?”

 

Nera side eyed Nakai who walked closer to the old woman, When Nakai towered over the woman from behind, he could see the rabbit had all of it’s limbs broken. Though the animal was broken, the doctor still prodded at the disfigured limbs without sympathy. Nakai’s voice was cold after seeing this.

 

“Leave that animal, if you can’t save it then put it out of its misery.”

 

“Why should I? Without this rodent then what sort of entertainment do you expect me to have? That new King wants me to sit here and rot away, to think King Lei let that lunatic take over.”

 

From behind Nakai, Nera called out in a light voice.

 

“Careful now, you are dancing on treason territory.”

 

The doctor snarled though her hand stopped abusing the small animal and she turned around to look up at Nakai, her eyes narrowed before Nakai finally started explaining why he was there. When the old doctor heard Wang Bao was pregnant with twins, her face beamed while she started bargaining.

 

“I’ll separate the blood for you, I want some for myself though.”

 

Nakai looked back at Nera who narrowed his eyes but nodded his head once. Nakai turned back to the old doctor and could see something in her eyes that made him know he wouldn’t be able to trust her fully. Nakai had never planned on trusting the woman anyway though and he gave a firm nod, agreeing to her want. As soon as Nakai agreed, they started extracting Nakai’s blood and he pointed towards Nera.

 

“Take his blood for your own benefits, only my blood is to be used for Wang Bao.”

 

The old doctor saw nothing wrong with this and she set up another blood extracting area for Nera. While both Giant’s filled two pint bottles each, the doctor used the last of Nakai’s blood she had left over to heal the dying rabbit she had been playing with. By the time Nakai and Nera were done, the rabbit was in a cage hopping around. With half the deal taken care of, Nakai and Nera headed towards the door before Nera turned back and pointed to the rabbit.

 

“If it lives in a cage, how did it’s legs break?”

 

“I broke them, like I said, there’s no other entertainment for me.”

 

WIth that said, the two Giants left. As they walked back to the main section of the palace, Nera motioned back to the old doctors living quarters.

 

“Why do you think Xei hasn’t done anything with her? She obviously hates him, also don't you think there’s something off with her? To break a rabbits limbs just so you can be entertained….only crazy people do that.”

 

“She was a secret follower of Queen Mother, of course she’s crazy. Wang Bao needs a transfusion though if we’re to stay for another month. I also have a gut feeling that she wants to do something else with your blood that doesn’t involve playing with animals.”

 

Nera and Nakai separated once they had reached the main part of the palace.

 

. . . . . . . . 

 

The next day, Wang Lei had heard about what Nera and Nakai had done so he quickly called them into Wang Xei’s study that was temporarily being used by him. Both Giants stood in front of him as if they were two students caught doing something wrong, Wang Lei pinched the crease that had formed between his brow before standing up, looking them in their eyes angrily.

 

“Why would you go to that woman? She’s under watch for a reason. The vials I gave her were enough to divert her attention but now you’ve given her what she wanted!”

 

Nera looked at Wang Lei curiously before speaking up.

 

“What do you mean? What haven’t you told us?”

 

Wang Lei realised he had let something slip and he quickly sat down, diverting his attention to something else on the desk. Nera walked forward and leaned over the desk, his face lowering to meet Wang Lie’s eyes.

 

“What is it, Lei?”

1