EUF Introduction
182 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Start of An Era}

{The United Front}

It is the year 2030. The day when it all began. People around the world were decimated as wars were ravaging the planet. Big powers trying to control the land by force while smaller ones were trying to gain from it. But people grew tired. At the same year, humanity raised a common voice. A voice that stated that wars needed to end. For they had enough. Protests, followed by riots, were happening all around the world. Instability grew ever so quickly, that the leaders of every country didn't know how to control it. Most of the armies, in their majority, did not obey their orders to purge the rioters and their cause. For they agreed to it. Everyone was exhausted and most resources were depleted from the ongoing wars of the last years that were ravaging the land. The planet was near it's total destruction. So, a few politicians and military leaders decided to put together a program that would stop ongoing conflicts and would focus on research and development. This program was named the "United Front". Immediately, this idea started gaining more and more supporters. From single men and women, to politicians and military leaders. Suddenly, humans had a common cause. A common goal they needed to focus on. And make it come true.

In the years following the start of the program, humanity made advancements in medicine, engineering with emphasis on robotics and space travel. Trading between the countries of the world had never been easier. The possibilities for expansion away from Earth were closer and closer with the current technology and the founding of it.

{The Outer Rim}

More than a decade later, in the year 2043, the first space missions took place going furthest than any other astronaut has ever gone in the previous years, mostly due to the powerful, but still imperfect, Warp technology. The "Warp technology" allowed for space ships to reach their destination in mere seconds or minutes, depending on the distance. Ultimately, it brought speed in the cost of fuel. And with it's help, the Outer Rim was discovered. It contained several new planets that the people didn't even know about. Most of them habitable with an atmosphere that could easily be terraformed if the technology allowed it. One of these new planets was named "Rexus Prime" and it was deemed the most positive for colonization and support of human life, with almost ninety percent Earth similarity.

The UF decided that it was the perfect planet of our solar system to begin its colonization attempts. And it did just that. A large group was assembled and was sent to Rexus Prime where they started laying the foundations for humanity's first home away from their own. A home that was so far, yet so close from Earth.

Over the years, the colonies were getting bigger and bigger with more people arriving every new week. The same could be said about the other planets like Mars, Venus, Mercury and the rest. But the progress was much slower.

Everything was going great and it looked like a new age for humanity. Until a major event took place.

{The First Rim Initiative}

Several hundred years later, in 2375 an ambassador by the name of "Victus" was getting tired with the United Front not supporting their people on the Outer Rim. It seemed like they had forgotten they even exist. Unemployment and high crime rate were ravaging the colonies. Black Market dealers, illegal club owners, casinos and bounty hunters were making their fortune. The breaking point came when Jerelek, Victus's father and previous leader of the Outer colonies, died. When UF politicians arrived to assign a new colony governor they specified that one of their own, meaning from Earth, will take over. Victus had all of them executed in public view. Right in the middle of "Lion's Gate". Rexus biggest city.

That terrible action "shook" the United Front so much, that they sent forces directly into the city and demanded his arrest. All they got was one answer: "WAR". The thing that the UF was created to eradicate in the first place.

Military factories opened all over the outer rim. They were expanding rapidly. The outer colonies were manufacturing weapons and combat vehicles for what was now known as the "Rexus Republic" (RR) and their forces known as "Rexus People United" (RPU) or "Rexus Prime Army" (RPA).

One year later, in 2376, the First Rim War (1RW) started. By that time, Victus had already taken control of all the Outer Rim, while the colonies closer to Earth were sided with the UF which was now renamed to "Earth's United Front" (EUF). The First Rim War ended a few months later after the full creation of the Rexian Republic and the RPU, during the pyrrhic battle of Neptune where Victus's forces tried to take control of the blue giant. Both sides took heavy casualties and retreated to their sides of the galaxy to prepare for the upcoming storm.

{The Second Rim Initiative}

About half a year had passed (2377) since the First Rim War. EUF was now confident enough to launch a second attempt at retaking a few of the Outer planets back in what was known as the "Devil's child" campaign, where they were crushed by the RPU's growing forces. After a million loses, dead and wounded, they retreated back to their side, for a second time.

{The Galactic War}

The Galactic War or Humanity's Civil War is ravaging the galaxy. Both sides won't stop at nothing to win. The conflict however has also caused the appearance of a few people that want to "benefit" from all these events. Pirates, smugglers and bounty hunters to name a few. Including two certain twins...

"War is not a life: It is a situation. One which may neither be ignored nor accepted."-T.S. Eliot

"While humanity tears itself apart, someone is watching. A dark force was sleeping. And we have awakened it"

[Creators: Mack Frantz / John Meram]

2