Chapter 1 – The Venus Mission
185 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

["The Venus mission"]

"Out there in the cold universe, there is a small mercenary ship. It's not moving. One of it's wings bears the logo "Raptor". Everything seems quiet. Inside there are two individuals. A woman and a man of British descent, in their early-to-mid twenties. Both of them have blonde hair and green eyes. The woman appears to have a medium-sized ponytail while the man has short-ish hair, with some curving off to the sides of the forehead, as if he tries to look pretty, with a shaved beard and short sideburns. The woman is sitting on a chair at the cockpit, looking outside in the cold black, enjoying her coffee and listening to music, while the man appears to be...sleeping"

Woman: Ah...another great day. Hm, how loveable ! I could sit here all day.

"The music from the woman's radio annoyed the man, keeping him from his sleep. He stood up, half-dizzy"

Man: Bloody hell! Can't a man get some sleep in here? Ah my head...

"The man opened his door and started yelling"

Man: Hey could you shut that thing up for like three seconds Reyna? I'm trying to sleep!

"The woman didn't respond"

Man: Reyna! Rey! Sister! Hey! Fuck...If you wan't something done you better do it yourself they say...

"So the man approached the woman. He was full of nerves. Once near, he picked the radio up, unplugging it from the power"

Reyna: What the-- Rj, what in the bloody hell?! What do you want?

Rj: What do I want? Oh I don't know. Maybe to get some FUCKING SLEEP!

Reyna: What? Then why didn't you just say so?

Rj: Are you bloody kidding me? I friken yelled at you! There's only like an eight meter space between the cockpit and my room! You're the one who's damn deaf!

Reyna: Hey don't yell at me right now, though. You're getting on my nerves.

Rj: I'm gonna do whatever I want.

Reyna: Also, this isn't your free time to be sleeping. We've got a mission over here.

Rj: Oh do we? That's why you were sitting here, drinking coffee and listening to music?

Reyna: Oh please mister smart-pants. You were literally SLEEPING in your room. At least I kept an eye out for pirates. That's why we got hired. To protect this route near Venus. If you still remember, that is.

Rj: Hey. No. I wasn't "sleeping". I was "taking a small rest". That's all.

Reyna: Of course. Small rests are known to be four hours long.

Rj: Was that irony?

Reyna: I don't know. You tell me.

Rj: Yup. Definitely an irony. You know sis, I don't even know why I'm sitting here talking with you. I'm going straight to my bed. Adios!

Reyna: Yeah. Sure! Go sleep again!

Rj: "Taking a small rest", thank you very much!

Reyna: Ugh. What a douche. Worst twin ever. Thanks a lot mom. Being stuck with him twenty-four seven. Doing the same job, living in the same apartment...

Rj: Hey I can still hear you, you know!

Reyna: I know! That's what I'm counting on!

Rj: Yeah. Whatever Rey!

"Reyna was looking out the window..."

Reyna: ...I wish I had a different life.

"...while Rj was on his bed, looking straight up"

Rj: I wish I had a taco right now.

"A few hours had passed. The twins were sleeping. Reyna woke up as a cargo ship was slowly passing in front"

Reyna: Ah...What the hell. Rejar? Rj, are you awake?

"Reyna stood up and walked into his room. She knocked on the door but got no response"

Reyna: Hey Rj? Are you there? Are you sleeping? What am I saying. Of course you are. Hey listen. I know you can hear me. I just wanted to say sorry about earlier. For the loud music and all. I don't want us fighting any more than we do back on earth. So...Are we okay? Rj? Hey, I know you're listening to me, so say something.

"Reyna was still getting no response from her brother"

Reyna: Really Rj? This again? I know you're mad at me. I do. But I'm trying to be the grown man here...or...woman, rather. So, if you could say something...

"Still nothing"

Reyna: Rj! Hey! Ok that's it! You've drawn the line! Open the door you bloody bastard! Rj!...What the fuck? Rj, are you in? Oh my God. Rj! Are you okay?! Rejar!

"Reyna was literally hitting on Rj's door to open it up. When suddenly he approached her from behind with a toothbrush held in his hand"

Rj: Hey-hey-hey! What the hell is going on here? Why are you hitting on my door?

Reyna: What? Oh that? Oh it was...nothing. I just wanted to tell you something but...you wouldn't open. So I thought that something might have happened to you. And I---

Rj: And you began hitting my door with your hands and feet. Yeah. I could hear it from the bathroom.

Reyna: Look Rj, I---

Rj: Spare me the chit-chat, Rey. I already heard your annoying voice through the door. It's not exactly soundproof, you know.

Reyna: Wha---Annoying voice? Mom tells me I have the most beautiful voice in the universe!

Rj: Oh, of course. How old are you? Ten?

Reyna: Excuse me?

Rj: Hah. Mom would never say that to you.

Reyna: And why is that?

Rj: Because she told that to me.

Reyna: Now who's acting like a ten-year-old?

Rj: Hey. It's not just her. Alright? The countless chicks I've been with all say the same. Hey, what can I do? I'm handsome!

Reyna: Ugh. Not this again. Spare me of this nonsense Lord. Please.

Rj: Nonsense? Hey. Maybe you would hear that from your boyfriend if you HAD ANY!

Reyna: What do you mean? I had boyfriends!

Rj: Oh did you?

Reyna: I---Nevermind me. What about you?

Rj: What about me?

Reyna: You never had a girlfriend either!

Rj: I know. I don't need a girl for more than a night, dumbass!

Reyna: Exactly what I said. You never had a girl in your life!

Rj: And you never had a man in yours!

"As the two were fighting...the ship started shaking"

Reyna: I---Wait. Do you hear that?

Rj: Sounds like...engines. Real big ones. Approaching.

"They both hurry to the cockpit. Once there, they look outside only to see a large ship bearing a bloody "white n' black" skull, sitting in front of two crossed out bones with an hourglass below"

Rj: Hey Rey? I think they might be pirates.

Reyna: Oh really Sherlock? How did you notice..?

Rj: No, I mean. Real pirates.

{{ Incoming Transmission }}

Reyna: Wait. The computing system detects an incoming transmission.

Rj: Open it.

"Reyna opens the transmission. A man appears in the screen. Tall with dark hair. He has a large scar on his face and signs of burning on his cheek"

Man: Oh well. What do we have here? Mercenaries? All alone? In a nice looking ship?! I say we've got ourselves a fat one boys!

Rj: Uh. Excuse me? Who are you talking to? We're right here you know.

Reyna: Rj. What the fuck are you doing?

Man: Look here! We've got a smart one guys!

Rj: Again with the talking. I don't see your "guys"! This conversation makes no sense from my perspective, mister pirate.

Reyna: Rj. I need you to drop this shit and go man the upper guns. Real...slow.

Rj: Uh. I have a better idea. You go man the upper guns and I drive the ship.

Man: What? Hello? Mercenaries! HEY! OVER HERE! I'm talking to you!

Reyna: What? Oh hell no! I'm not letting you take control of my ship!

Rj: Since when is MY ship YOUR ship?

Reyna: Well it's OUR ship, actually.

Rj: Yeah and "actually" you drive it all the time!

Reyna: Yes, because you're incapable!

Man: MERCENARIES! HEY! I'M OVER HERE! HEEEY!

Rj: Wait. You called ME "incapable"?

Reyna: I think that was rather obvious.

Rj: Oh. Oh-oh. Incapable? Oh really? You remember who took the "Raptor" on the first day we bought it and crashed it into the hangar?

Reyna: Hey, don't blame that on me! I told you, the engines were malfunctioning. It's better now.

Rj: Yes. Because I fixed that malfunction MYSELF!

Reyna: Oh no you didn't. I helped.

Rj: Sorry I didn't know that bathing for two hours is considered "help".

Reyna: How little you know. Women don't just "bathe". We also do our hair.

Rj: Yeah. Friken Rapunzel. One kilometer wide!

Reyna: Hey, take that back!

Man: GUYS! Am I talking to myself right now? Is that what's happening?

Pirate Goon: Sir. We are ready to open fire anytime.

Man: Oh yes. Of course. Close the transmission. Just---

Rj: No, you take back what you said, first!

Reyna: I'm not going to sit there and---

"Before she could even finish her sentence, guns start firing and the raptor starts shaking"

Reyna: Fuck! They're shooting at us!

Rj: Oh really? I thought they wanted to give us marshmallows!

"Another round hits and shakes the ship. The shields have taken a beating"

Reyna: Just shut up and go to the guns!

Rj: Roger that ma'am!

Reyna: Fucking shit.

Rj: Can't you wait 'till I'm further away to say it? You're not good at this, are you?

Reyna: I was referring to the pirate! Ah! Go!

Rj: Okay...okay.

Reyna: Time for some evasive maneuvers.

"Reyna does all she can to dodge the missiles and the gun fire coming from the pirate ship. Meanwhile, Rj gets on the gun"

Rj: Hey sis'. Point me to their weak points and I will shoot them down as you fly by them.

Reyna: Alright. Just - ahh - try not to miss too many shots!

Rj: You've got it!

"Reyna turns around and starts heading directly towards the ship"

Reyna: Alright. Dropping in five. Make sure not to miss!

Rj: Oh sister. Have I ever?

Reyna: Trust me when I say you have nothing to gain with that question.

Rj: What's that supposed to mean?

Reyna: DROPPING !

Rj: Woah hey! Not so fast!

Reyna: Begin firing god damnit !

Rj: Aye aye!

"Rj fires at the ship's bottom where it's most vulnerable. The pirate ship is quickly filled with fire and smoke while the ammo crates at the lower decks start to explode"

Rj: Wooah! Did you see that?!

Reyna: Nice job Rj! That was some good shooting!

"Seconds after, the ship explodes. The threat is no more"

Rj: Man. This ship can do wonders.

Reyna: So much for "pirates". Hmph. Amateurs really. But oh well.

Rj: Oh. Like you could have done better. Right.

Reyna: Mind you, I'd be a wonderful pirate leader.

Rj: Yeah. Paint the walls pink and all...

Reyna: What?

Rj: With some pretty red roses as logo.

Reyna: Hey! Red roses look very nice. Okay?

Rj: Yeah whatever. Hey. We still have half a day until our mission is complete. Then we go back home, right?

Reyna: Yup.

Rj: Great. So whatever you do, keep quiet because I'm going to take a strong nap. If you could, oh dearest sister.

Reyna: Why, of course. Oh dearest brother.

Rj: Yea. Goodnight.

Reyna: There's no day and night cycle on space.

Rj: I'm just saying, because it's all bl---You know what? Just goodnight.

Reyna: Ah. Goodnight Rj. Goodnight...

0